Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Because the expansion is terrible. The only good raid was BoD. Mechagon was garbage compared to the Timeless Isle even though it was supposed to mirror it. Every new patch is literally do your 15 key, grind islands until your neck is capped, raid, and then maybe do some more keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    it's not the first time when blizz kick expansion in x.1
    the story looks silly due to gaps. I think the story went wrong as originally conceived.
    what do you think, what was abandoned?
    I've got tired of telling it. Blizzard try to stretch xpacks now. Usually it was intensive start, but content drought by the end. Now it's weak start, weak middle, but look at it - we have 8.3 now, that shouldn't have happened, because next xpack should be released at end of summer or begging of fall 2020 and it should take a year since last major content patch to properly develop it. But now it's either gonna be rushed unfinished release (most likely) or late November-December release, that will mean, that BFA will last for more, that 2 years.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Ah, people still confusing "i don't like something" for "something is bad"

Just remember arthas chased you around like a less successful mojo jojo for 2 zones, and illidan did nothing but yell in shadowmoon valley for 1 quest chain.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Was there? Or was it just a dev's pet project?
    Uther's tomb, something was supposed to be there
    no, it was an art student project that was so good they added it to the game, thats literally it, dude said it when it was added.

Dude originally did just 2d art for blizzard, but he moved onto 3d, and his uther piece was his first thing to enter it. after that he was given the job of doing a ton of other basic stuff like statues in boralus, the statues that didnt get updated till literally near the very end of the beta.
    https://www.artstation.com/ericbraddock
    the tomb itself was a passion project by shem dawson, but the statue was by eric braddock.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-01-17 at 07:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

the story looks silly due to gaps. I think the story went wrong as originally conceived.
    Uhm... what...?

I am not seeing any gaps, things flow into each other, one event follows the next and so on. What do you mean?

And yes, obviously some things were cut from the plan in the early stages. This always happens. Devs are just brainstorming things, develop a little to present it to each other and when it doesn't stick it goes in the can. That is just the normal process.
    Sometimes art assets are made just because as a pet project of a dev, there does not have to be a deeper meaning and it does not mean that things were abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    Because something is terribly wrong with Blizzard. Second bland expansion in a row (Shadowblands) should've given you a pretty clear understanding: Either Ion is completely incompetent (very plausible) or Blizzard has been funneling their resources in to something new (Potentially WoW 2.0, or a complete re-imagining of current WoW) which is the explanation that I try to calm myself with. There's an even worse scenario - Blizzard anal-ysts decided that the time of MMO's has passed, the future belongs to mobile gaming, and the best course would be to let WoW die off slowly, while continuously redistributing finances to other IPs.
    Just another show how this forum functions: Having no clue, but condeming anyway.

Truely whatever the next expansion would have been some people will always hate it on principle. Could have been a full Void or Light expansion, someone would call it bland (besides knowing next to nothing), someone would hate the content or declare it has no content (despite knowing next to nothing), would hate the story (despite having no idea where it is headed)
    Maybe these people should just find another game instead of trying to influence the impressionable crowd into following their unfounded arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Because the expansion is terrible. The only good raid was BoD. Mechagon was garbage compared to the Timeless Isle even though it was supposed to mirror it. Every new patch is literally do your 15 key, grind islands until your neck is capped, raid, and then maybe do some more keys.
    Eternal palace was also amazing, as the new raid is pretty cool too.
    mechagon and nazjatar were supposed to be timeless isle like, and they were even better cause you could fly there, so no "Shit hulon is up but i gotta go here to here to get to him."

You will not beleive how many times i was down below, or at the frogs and saw "hulon pulled!"
    then by the time i killed what i was fighting, mounted up, ran to him, got stunned twice by the charging bulls, he was dead.

also every new expansion is do your dailies, do your weeklies, do some raid.
    when blizzard adds new stuff like... mythic plus to make dungeons relevent again, or islands or warfronts, any new content, people like yourself well get mad.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-01-17 at 08:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

What makes you think it was abandoned? If they had abandoned it it would be abandonware and last I looked they are still charging subscription fees and they are still supporting it.

I think Blizzard did a Warlords with this expansion giving up half way but i think they did it smarter rather than leaving holes in the zones each patch introduced a new one.. so if a whole patch is skipped we don't notice a missing island or 3, compared to raids setup and just never used on warlords.. this makes it easier for Wow devs to change directions quickly but also makes the game feel a damn lot smaller.. because we only move from main area to patch to patch to patch and really don't revisit past areas beyond their usefulness.

If mythic plus wasn't a thing the system would be a complete waste of resources.

But i guess its good we don't know the amount of content we are missing out on?
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Eternal palace was also amazing, as the new raid is pretty cool too.
    mechagon and nazjatar were supposed to be timeless isle like, and they were even better cause you could fly there, so no "Shit hulon is up but i gotta go here to here to get to him."

You will not beleive how many times i was down below, or at the frogs and saw "hulon pulled!"
    then by the time i killed what i was fighting, mounted up, ran to him, got stunned twice by the charging bulls, he was dead.

also every new expansion is do your dailies, do your weeklies, do some raid.
    when blizzard adds new stuff like... mythic plus to make dungeons relevent again, or islands or warfronts, any new content, people like yourself well get mad.
    That’s precisely one of the reasons Mechagon was bad, because you could fly. Flying ruins the game. And this is coming from someone with near 400 mounts.

Its not as abandoned as WoD, it just feels like a lot of poor design choices have been made and that we are playing a worse version of Legion.

Either Ion is completely incompetent (very plausible) or Blizzard has been funneling their resources in to something new (Potentially WoW 2.0, or a complete re-imagining of current WoW) which is the explanation that I try to calm myself with.
    I think it is the incompetency of the game director, he funnels all resources into raids and dungeons, and does not know how to create compelling world content in a game that should be about the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh c'mon Blizzard won't do the job for nothing, that's for sure.
    Uther's tomb has a symbol though. As well, things do get updated at times without having to have much connection.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Uther's tomb has a symbol though. As well, things do get updated at times without having to have much connection.
    Things only get updated if its for endgame nowadays. Everything else was forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snaggahoolin View Post
    Things only get updated if its for endgame nowadays. Everything else was forgotten.
    Eh. That is not always how it is.

- - - Updated - - -

War was finally abandoned. We're at a greater foe. Already guessed before BFA that it would be an Old God expansion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Because something is terribly wrong with Blizzard. Second bland expansion in a row (Shadowblands) should've given you a pretty clear understanding: Either Ion is completely incompetent (very plausible) or Blizzard has been funneling their resources in to something new (Potentially WoW 2.0, or a complete re-imagining of current WoW) which is the explanation that I try to calm myself with. There's an even worse scenario - Blizzard anal-ysts decided that the time of MMO's has passed, the future belongs to mobile gaming, and the best course would be to let WoW die off slowly, while continuously redistributing finances to other IPs.
    Its amazing you can that you can face palm and laugh at the same time

- For the first time we're venturing into the afterlife, it's not just adding on an extra continent and going "surprise guys it was here all the time!"
    - We get more Val'kyr law - a race which has been around for expansions with no meat on the bone lore wise. We also get to find out about all the spirit healers and their lore.
    - Not to mention (apparently) its the source of all necromantic power, so we'll have a really good insight into that.
    - We're getting a fuck ton of character customization, including ethnicity for humans and different skins for trolls and dwarfs
    - Covenants sound odd, but its actually bringing choices with impact to our characters.
    - We're having a new type of dungeon with has a changing layout, is endless and you can que for it solo or up to 5 man
    - Updated starting zones to reflect the BFA story.

And you have the audacity to sit there and say bland.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Eh. That is not always how it is.
    Oh yeah? Tell me one update in the old world that is not for endgame since Warlords of Draenor. Except Uthers Tomb.

War was finally abandoned. We're at a greater foe. Already guessed before BFA that it would be an Old God expansion.
    I mean a lot of people called that before it even released because it was just to blatantly obvious that the story would eventually veer into OG territory.

Not to mention that the "faction war" had some other impetus than faction tensions, although we didn't know what it was back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    And so, do you still sub or not? If so, why? Even if it is just for one month, something is bringing you back despite you hating it. Or are you spending you time farming gold to pay for a game that you do not like, which I find rather amusing way of spending free time

Rather than just stating there are better F2P games, why not list them? These game deserve more exposure and support. List them so others here are try them. I would be interested to see these games.
    Good attempt but not good enough sadly bud, returned 2 days ago to see what was new and upcoming - like a lot of others would like to enjoy the game again in some context, sadly can see BFA unfortunately continued to decline throughout it's life cycle. What's bringing me back despite hating it? I'm happy with despising certain aspects of an xpac, not everything is to my taste but I can look past some things if the core fundamentals of the game are there, for example if classes/specs feel very immersive and enjoyable to play - sadly it's in the worst state we have yet experienced. There's tons of them my man, use other launchers to take a look - just had 12 days of Christmas with Epic Games so there's a few decent games there to try. Steam/Origin/Epic Games and do some research you might find some things you enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I mean a lot of people called that before it even released because it was just to blatantly obvious that the story would eventually veer into OG territory.

Not to mention that the "faction war" had some other impetus than faction tensions, although we didn't know what it was back then.
    That is what I mean. People had already guessed the build-up as well. Think Mechagon was partly the only joker in the whole deck.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2020-01-17 at 11:24 AM.