Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    To me, they are just stressful and it's just a bunch of "move out of the AoE" every single time I cast a spell.

I don't enjoy it at all and it's really an indicator of how Shadowlands solo content is gonna be too... I play a Resto Shaman, just like Ion does, and it just feels horrible doing these horrific visions solo, even after these nerfs... I just end up asking myself "why does this system even exist?"..

I get they are desperate to make the game get positive feelback but the direction they are going is just completely wrong IMO. Take some inspiration from Classic and stop this dumb daily and weekly chore BS. That's just me though.

How do u guys feel about Horrific Visions?
    No, I do quest only cuz it's only way to progress in patch 8.3, cuz I wouldn't be able to handle corruption without cloak.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I was really sick of them during the Cloak upgrade. Honestly it should of been been one clear (of whatever Zone you needed at X level) per week for each cloak upgrade and anything beyond that was optional. You'd still have to run more than the minimum to upgrade the Tech tree anyway.

Now that the Cloaks upgraded, I'm doing 5 mask clears. If I fail, I do a 4 Mask for the week and call it a day. So at most, I do 2 runs a week for my Corrupted Item... means no more dailies either, I just do the Assaults and get my 20k.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am burned out a little bit right now so not as interested in WoW but I am starting to hate Visions. I don't have the interest or motivation to do mask runs but feel that a no mask run is to slow and boring just to get my corruption boost.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I can now do 4 mask runs pretty easily (ilvl 457) without the need for more than one orb, but the moment I switch to 5 masks I'm unable to complete it. The 50% sanity limit screws me over on the Alleria fight. I have NOT tried to 5-mask Org yet, so maybe I could do it, but I worry I'll have the same problems with Thrall, so I think I'm going to keep doing 3 and 4 mask runs for a while to try to get some corrupted gear that will help. The few pieces I have now do not have effects that jell well with my class and RNG keeps giving me legs and bracers every time instead of other slots.

They make me wanna kill myself on all levels. I hate doing them in party, cuz then they arent hard, mostly frustrating to deal with. I have to do a billion quests 24/7 and world quests to keep up with my friends or they dont want to do them with me and I cant bear to find a pug cuz randoms are actually degenerate 999.9999% of the time. I've tried to do one myself and honestly it almost pushed my depression into just killing myself afterwards

FINALLY managed to do a 5-mask Org run for the first time and it was a pretty good feeling. I do NOT have great corruption gear because RNG keeps screwing me over and I've only just managed to get my ilvl to 460, so it was still a bit touch-and-go at some points, but I remembered to take my time with the Rexxar wing and with Thrall and that really made the difference. I did have to use two orbs to replenish sanity before two of the bosses but overall I'm pretty happy with how it went.

I'm still not confident I can 5-mask Stormwind yet. The Mage Quarter still gives me trouble on 4-mask runs with its endless narrow corridors and I'm ALWAYS getting the combo of Split Personality and Haunting Shadows--which is really hard to see against the dark green grass. That usually ends up in at least one minor catastrophe per run there. If it wasn't for that I could probably do 4-mask runs without using any orbs, but as it stands I usually have to top up before I get to the boss for that quarter just to be safe.

Hoping the new "buy a corruption" system will help me get some of the ones that synergize better with my class/spec, then I'll have a better shot at finishing the 5-mask achievements.

Its a no from me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    FINALLY managed to do a 5-mask Org run for the first time and it was a pretty good feeling. I do NOT have great corruption gear because RNG keeps screwing me over and I've only just managed to get my ilvl to 460, so it was still a bit touch-and-go at some points, but I remembered to take my time with the Rexxar wing and with Thrall and that really made the difference. I did have to use two orbs to replenish sanity before two of the bosses but overall I'm pretty happy with how it went.

I'm still not confident I can 5-mask Stormwind yet. The Mage Quarter still gives me trouble on 4-mask runs with its endless narrow corridors and I'm ALWAYS getting the combo of Split Personality and Haunting Shadows--which is really hard to see against the dark green grass. That usually ends up in at least one minor catastrophe per run there. If it wasn't for that I could probably do 4-mask runs without using any orbs, but as it stands I usually have to top up before I get to the boss for that quarter just to be safe.

Hoping the new "buy a corruption" system will help me get some of the ones that synergize better with my class/spec, then I'll have a better shot at finishing the 5-mask achievements.
    What class are you?

yes - enjoy them a lot - managed to 2 mask on every class and atm 3-4 masking depending on corruption / itlv on them . once i will get ull trees on all of them should be able to 4 mask them but not in hurry because we still have half of year of BfA so plenty of time to get bis corruptions and then faceroll it

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I can now do 4 mask runs pretty easily (ilvl 457) without the need for more than one orb, but the moment I switch to 5 masks I'm unable to complete it. The 50% sanity limit screws me over on the Alleria fight. I have NOT tried to 5-mask Org yet, so maybe I could do it, but I worry I'll have the same problems with Thrall, so I think I'm going to keep doing 3 and 4 mask runs for a while to try to get some corrupted gear that will help. The few pieces I have now do not have effects that jell well with my class and RNG keeps giving me legs and bracers every time instead of other slots.
    OG is significantly easier than SW. In the fight against Thrall you can very easily dodge everything, as all sanity reducing effects have a long cast time and you also have like 99% uptime on the boss. The hard part is the Rexxar fight.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm 5masking them 3 times per week on mage and shammy. Killing everything and getting all chests/shards. Takes 25mins per full clear, not that bad since I'm after maximum mementos gain. I do enjoy them because I like how my classes play them out. Some affix combos like Split Personality and the fear one can be annoying for my immobile enha shammy but all in all it was a good try for solo content from Blizzard's part. The fsct that you get guaranteed corruption was also a good change on the system.

Never did one so have no idea. I did get my cloak although it has never been upgraded obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    OG is significantly easier than SW. In the fight against Thrall you can very easily dodge everything, as all sanity reducing effects have a long cast time and you also have like 99% uptime on the boss. The hard part is the Rexxar fight.
    Is it weird that I die waaaay more on the trash in Rexxar's zone than on Rexxar himself?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Even Rexxar is easy when you save titan proc for first boar and then just burn Rexxar down. Alleria on the other hand gets real hectic specially as a melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Is it weird that I die waaaay more on the trash in Rexxar's zone than on Rexxar himself?
    you can skip all trash after Misha if you mount up and run to the left across the ridge and jump up. Having hp regen food or regen buff from potions + dmg reduction and some mitigation ability you pre-cast before mount helps. Think you can youtube rexxar skip or something and find it pretty easy.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Nah, the sanity mechanic is a pain in the ass.

So, not sure if I have ever answered to the main topic of this thread, so let me do it right now:

Horrific visions are the worst piece of content that has ever been created by Blizzard. They are not even hard, they are just incredible annoying. I sometimes boost people through it for gold, but stopped recently because I just can not bear it anymore.

Everything in this content it incredible annoying because there are so many things that let you lose control of your character (Stun / fear / Displacement / Snare / Knockback) or slow you, which is basically the next worst thing.
    All of that would be somehow bearable, but there are often cases where you have no influence on the outcome and can play perfect and still get fucked by RNG. A good example is the Crazed Hulk in OG, which is actually a verry, VERY easy boss. Except he randomly grabs you (can not be avoided), throws you in the moment split personality proccs, which stuns you when you land in a puddle of black stuff, where you get hit by your mirror image as soon as you get out and get stunned again while the hulk jumps on you and your insanity drops to 0.
    It is just one example of course, but those scenarios are not even rare. When you write them down they look really, really constructed, but they are not.

Things like Leaden Foot, Split Personality and this annoying parasite one... fuck it.

I enjoy them when split personality isn't included.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    You can skip all the trash by just going through the void zone to the left after killing Misha. Just make sure to wait split personality before charging through it and be mounted have health potion ready incase it seems tight since you lose health pretty rapidly.

Ups, already answered.

Well - since I found out the most I'll be able to do is a 2 mask clear, the enjoyment has gone down a bit.

Given I get the same echos from farming a 0 mask as a 2 mask - I just do the weekly 0 mask full clear for the cloak upgrade and a few more to get echos.

Have a stash of 17 vessels ready to go - so that's enough echos to buy anything if it turns up.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.