Poll: Would you?

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I would laugh so hard if I got kicked out of a group because someone was offended that I bought a helm transmog several years ago.
    Hilariously enough, that happened quite often when they were released. :P

I would honestly be FURIOUS if this happens, with the exception of "silly/fun" transmogs, like the Blizzcon pajamas. I could see a Darkmoon Faire-themed set, with like a top hat with a little train that goes around it, "armor" that has bright, blinking lights all over it, that sort of thing.

Truly *cool* armor should remain available exclusively through gameplay. Otherwise, what's the point of playing? Even back in the days of Raiding in Vanilla WoW, a *HUGE* motivation to try and get geared-up was so you could get that sweet-looking armor! If the Judgement Armor had simply cost $5 or whatever, it would've never carried the status it did for so many years, and it have likely caused many players to have quit, simply because "getting cool-looking items" is a MAJOR motivator.

It's honestly one of the biggest problems since BFA launched; most of the armor and weapons look like shit. I'm sorry, but it's true; most of it is SUPER forgettable (save for the Mythic Cloth set from Zandalar or whatever it's called; that's a cool looking set).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    all sorts of aesthetic options I'm totally down for.
    They tried, with the cosmetic helms. Then you had a bunch of useless REEEEEEEEEE-screeching fucktards collaborate to votekick people for wearing them.

On topic, no. If you're too lazy to be assed to actually play the game, go play Skyrim and console-command yourself all the gear you want.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Agreed 100%. And the Blizz cash shop is very, VERY tame compared to whats out there. I would argue they could be more ballsy with what they put on it. Never anything that directly affects gameplay, but all sorts of aesthetic options I'm totally down for.
    No it's not. Stuff like name change or server change are free in some MMOs. In WoW they cost so much that you can instead get an entire new game for that money.
    If they were even more "ballsy" with it, it might not cause many old players to quit but it would certainly cause many new potential players to never even try it. I mean it's an old game, has a subscription and has a mtx cash shop to boot... doesn't sound very appealing, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Because running the same raid over and over again with a weekly lockout for a 0.1% drop chance is so much fun...
    Maybe you should move on to a mobile game.

I think this would be horrible. I think that most gear in WOW looks really stupid. Oversized, terrible color combinations and shapes. Most of the gear I like is not too rare or fancy so it probably would not be in the shop but it would be horrible to have to pay extra for it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Paying for items in a shop just makes it so you get LESS for your game-time...
    That's a pretty illogical conclusion. I suspect that this commonly held fallacy stems from the misguided belief that any money spent on development of shop items comes at the expense of items that would otherwise have been developed for the game. But it fails to consider the effect that the extra revenue resultant from the shop would have on the development budget.

Paying for items in the shop results in more revenue for Blizzard, at a relatively minor cost. The nett result is that the game becomes more profitable. This has (among others) two noticeable outcomes:
    1) More money available to be spent on development
    2) More incentive to actively invest in the game in the long term

I simply cannot conceive of any realistic scenario in which Blizzard would be spending less on the game as a result of the shop because
    1) They are interested in maximising their long term profits
    2) They're clearly not idiots at business (having been around for this long)

The only obvious play here is to invest a minimum of what the shop costs from the shop profits, into covering those costs, but most likely put even more back into the game. Because it's simple: The better the game is, the more players it will have, the more customers the shop will have.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed 100%. And the Blizz cash shop is very, VERY tame compared to whats out there. I would argue they could be more ballsy with what they put on it. Never anything that directly affects gameplay, but all sorts of aesthetic options I'm totally down for.
    Yeah. As long as the shop remains a source of stuff that no one is obliged or compelled to buy, I am 100% fine with it. People who want to, and can, spend a bunch of extra money on frivolous things that make them happy can take of Blizzard need for profit margin, while the rest of us can continue to enjoy a better value-for-money proposition.

The only time I'd be okay with this is if they dropped the sub completely. I see other games do the same and it works fine (can't speak for FFXIV), the shop itself is already earning more than the subs do so it could end up being good for the game. Also it would be nice to see them put a lot more effort into transmog sets which are generally nice.

I remember when the helmets were released somewhere in MoP and people were actually kicking everyone who was wearing one as a form of protest. Apparently it worked and Blizzard hasn't made anymore since. Its a bit to far of a stunt even for me, but at the same time I don't want to see the store fall into that slippery slope while we are also paying sub.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Buying a Tmog set with real money and walking around town because you're still ass at the game (as you said) sounds much less fun than actually doing the content. People like you, with this mentality, truly are ruining not just this video game but all video games.
    Um, having bad luck at drops is not the same as being "ass" at a game.

Assuming the sets were aesthetically appealing to me, yes I'd probably buy some from the shop. Unfortunately, it's infrequent that I really like what the artists put out with armor for the past several expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    It might not affect you but it affects a lot of other people.

it seems like your argument here is that since it doesnt affect you personally it doesnt matter?

I'm not really sure i get what you are trying to say otherwise
    Not at all.
    Because I can't fathom just how a mount, transmog or toy will affect you personally at all.

If I got to choose, I'd rather they do away with the shop and focus their efforts on special ways ingame to obtain whatever was in the shop, but since it's very clearly here to stay, I'd rather focus on the problem that is WoW Token, which is the only thing that you can buy outside of race/horde-alliance swaps, that actually affect the game balance in any sense of the word.

It's the reason why I quit playing Black desert, because they went too far in the direction of pay to win, rather than pay to style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Hate generator =more clicks

No, as soon as something makes it to the shop it instantly loses it's appeal to me. There are some cool mounts in there that i wont touch because anyone can get them. I like to have the feeling that my transmog and/or mounts is something I earned and is relatively rare, that's most of what makes mogging cool to me. However if it doesnt mess with my gameplay i dont really give a shit if they ad mog to the shop.

What i would have a problem with is if the shop mogs were significantly cooler than what we have access to for free. BFAs art as far as set design has been terrible, so throwing a really nice looking set into the shop at this point in time would seem rather unethical.

Now if they did this and removed the sub like PoE does, i'm cool with that.

So long story short, it 100% depends on how they implement it.

Any way to bypass time/effort with money is always a giant + in my book.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    No it's not. Stuff like name change or server change are free in some MMOs. In WoW they cost so much that you can instead get an entire new game for that money.
    Even better yet, you can get by entirely with never using these features at all!

Which is actually the entire point of attaching a cost to these services. This isn't Blizzard saying "hey we want more money!!$!!" It's them saying "we don't really want players changing their character names and moving servers on a whim, because it disrupts those server communities. But if someone really wants to that, we'll oblige, and hey a bit of extra profit doesn't hurt!"

If Blizzard's objective from those services was to boost profits, they'd cost a lot less in order to incentivize people to use them more.

If they were even more "ballsy" with it, it might not cause many old players to quit but it would certainly cause many new potential players to never even try it. I mean it's an old game, has a subscription and has a mtx cash shop to boot... doesn't sound very appealing, does it?
    Firstly, I think that the age of the game has been a significant deterrent to new players since the end of Wrath, and that problem is only getting worse. So I highly doubt that the shop is a significant factor at all.

Secondly, without a shop, the game would either need to increase the mandatory costs for playing (monthly sub and cost of expansions) or start cutting back on development costs (and content). Either of those would be a significantly bigger deterrent to new players than an entirely optional shop.

with the token system equalling you can buy them with in-game gold too, I'm all for it. Hell I support adding all mounts from expacs more than 2 expacs ago on the store while leaving them in-game. Want to keep farming Invincible at .01% drop rate great! want to pay 20.00 for it great!
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they were still obtainable in game, yeah sure why not. I wouldn't mind some recolours either.

like the firelands Paladin Blue unreleased set without having to do Island Expeditions..

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    If they were still obtainable in game, yeah sure why not. I wouldn't mind some recolours either.

like the firelands Paladin Blue unreleased set without having to do Island Expeditions..

I could get behind that.

Selling old gear/tier recolors. The one thing I'd like to avoid is designing brand new sets that are specifically for the store, not attainable in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Some people are willing to spend money. Other are willing to spend time.

Grinding is fun for some, nut not for others. I remember hearing people complaining about the Headless Horseman, mount. Rivendare Mount. How they spend years grinding and still not receiving it. That they should deserve it because of the amount of time they devoted to it.

Yeah. It so much fun.

And how are they exactly ruining all video games? Because they play differently?

If anyone is ruined the video games, it is those people who cares about how other people enjoy their game and wants to change that.

- - - Updated - - -

So to let you know, you can replica shirts of major sports teams.
    So to let you know, the shirts isnt something you get for winning a competition, they arent reward they they are simply a flag showing what team you root for.

Your analogy is bad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    I could get behind that.

Selling old gear/tier recolors. The one thing I'd like to avoid is designing brand new sets that are specifically for the store, not attainable in game.
    This is something i could get behind aswell. Recolours(even cools ones) of older tier sets and stuff.

3+ Year Old Account
    What games don't charge for a server or name change? I'd like actual names of games. $15-$25 gets you a whole new game? Yeah maybe some games, but major releases are still $60.

If you can't see how the WoW shop is significantly less money-hungry than most other online games, I apologize but you don't know much about other games.

Edit: By the way, we've been seeing for years now that people are more than willing to spend real currency on cosmetic options. As long as it didn't take away from the cosmetic options you earn in game, why couldn't it work? You people are so close minded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    They tried, with the cosmetic helms. Then you had a bunch of useless REEEEEEEEEE-screeching fucktards collaborate to votekick people for wearing them.

On topic, no. If you're too lazy to be assed to actually play the game, go play Skyrim and console-command yourself all the gear you want.
    Right I never experienced that problem when I wore my Jewel of the Firelord and I used it in a transmog set for years. You're speaking about a minority group of trolls within the community and they aren't even worth considering in this discussion. Report and move on, nobody cares. The next dungeon group won't give a crap about what you're wearing if you're performing right.
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2020-06-11 at 04:08 PM.