Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

There must always be... a Lich King?

Whatever happened to that? If there's no Lich King, isn't the scourge going to start marching on towns and cities and razing everything to the ground? I've no idea if this has been covered in the SL beta because i'm in the forever no beta club.

Blizzard hired dumb and dumber from game of thrones and they sort of forgot about that.

Thou tbh, it was a dogshit ending to the story anyway. I remember being relly pissed about that bullshit, that was back when i still cared about wow lore..
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that was already talked about... I remember them saying it's gonna happen in the prepatch, shit starts to go crazy with the Scourge and the "heroes" end up fending off attacks on the main cities, and then head to ICC to find out wtf is going on. That's how we end up talking to Bolvar and heading to Shadowlands in the first place.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

as I understand the scourge will get out of control and cause problems around the world and that will be the pre expa event

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-patch event, scourge going wild all around Azeroth.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Blizzard hired dumb and dumber from game of thrones and they sort of forgot about that.

Thou tbh, it was a dogshit ending to the story anyway. I remember being relly pissed about that bullshit, that was back when i still cared about wow lore..
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and World of Warcraft died with him." It only becomes more and more true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    If there's no Lich King, isn't the scourge going to start marching on towns and cities and razing everything to the ground?
    Congratulations, you've just figured out what the pre-patch is going to be about

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Whatever happened to that? If there's no Lich King, isn't the scourge going to start marching on towns and cities and razing everything to the ground? I've no idea if this has been covered in the SL beta because i'm in the forever no beta club.

Good riddance. That was fucking retarded. Like basically everything the lich king did in wotlk. Their unimaginary retarded writers just thought that sentence was cool in pirate of the caribean and wanted to use it.
    Random brainless undead are way less dangerous than a coordinated undead army controled by a hivemind by far. It's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Congratulations, you've just figured out what the pre-patch is going to be about
    So the huge threat that was going to engulf Azeroth is casually dispatched in a pre-patch event.
    I can see it really was worth all the hype.

(I suppose nobody thought to tell Bolvar he could just make his undead jump into a volcano and solve the problem in a few weeks, but whatever, the entire concept is retarded to begin with)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait till pre-patch and you find out.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im pretty sure the next expansion gonna be Light-based, so while we are in SL the Scourge most likely actually spread across the Azeroth but Scarlet Crusade, Turalyon and Co and reinforcements from AU Draenor will push them back. This will be the premise of the 10.0 prepatch when we will return back from SL and see the armies of light destroying the Scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Its even worse, they hired their fans.

Yes thats what will happen in the pre patch event they already confirmed some kind of scourge invasion will happen

So when is the pre event for this?

Given how the Lich King getting blasted from the other side of the world made half the Scourge in Lordaeron break free and the Lich King getting hit with a shiny sword made the Ebon Blade break free, the idea that the Lich King outright dying would only make the Scourge aN eVeN gReAtEr ThReAt was already idiotic back then. And now we'll deal with this "greater threat" in a pre-expansion afternoon. Because the hacks pretending to be writers at Blizzard wouldn't be able to construct a consistent narrative even if their worthless lives depended on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Its even worse, they hired their fans.
    The sad thing is that this post isn't even a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    The expansion pre-event will be a Legion Invasions-like Scourge Invasion event, ostensibly because without the Helm of Domination keeping the lion's share of the Scourge under control and confined to Icecrown, now they're running rampant all around Azeroth. I'm curious what kind of rewards we'll get from the event this time around, as last time brought back the Argent Dawn tabard, some neat trinkets that included an Argent guardian and a Castlevania reference, and some unique armor sets including a unique Judgment recolor. Granted, the previous Scourge Invasion was an update of the pre-Naxx event with new armor sets/trinkets and a zombie invasion component.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Good riddance. That was fucking retarded. Like basically everything the lich king did in wotlk. Their unimaginary retarded writers just thought that sentence was cool in pirate of the caribean and wanted to use it.
    Random brainless undead are way less dangerous than a coordinated undead army controled by a hivemind by far. It's not even close.
    100% true. It should be retconned and forgotten asap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    The expansion pre-event will be a Legion Invasions-like Scourge Invasion event, ostensibly because without the Helm of Domination keeping the lion's share of the Scourge under control and confined to Icecrown, now they're running rampant all around Azeroth. I'm curious what kind of rewards we'll get from the event this time around, as last time brought back the Argent Dawn tabard, some neat trinkets that included an Argent guardian and a Castlevania reference, and some unique armor sets including a unique Judgment recolor. Granted, the previous Scourge Invasion was an update of the pre-Naxx event with new armor sets/trinkets and a zombie invasion component.
    So it will be 3rd time we see naxx/wotlk pre event. I think i still have some necrotic runes left in my bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    So the huge threat that was going to engulf Azeroth is casually dispatched in a pre-patch event.
    I can see it really was worth all the hype.

(I suppose nobody thought to tell Bolvar he could just make his undead jump into a volcano and solve the problem in a few weeks, but whatever, the entire concept is retarded to begin with)
    to be fair we are not the same as we were in wrath,we kinda became a big deal over the years,also we havent seen the pre patch yet,it can end up fairly well,granted i never liked the wrath ending asspull