Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is this a PS exclusive game? That would be a shame.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Looks pretty good. The whole timer on potions is just horrid though….

Ok didn’t know anything about this and I’m now hooked.

Also no multiplayer (and consequently rewards gated behind partying) involved and that’s another big plus for me. Could be play this even before Elden Ring. Only concern is if and how my 970 will handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    It's so cringe people always feel the need to complain about something, nobody cares.
    It's so cringe people always feel the need to give their opinions about something, nobody cares.

Except, that's pretty much the whole point of a forum...

Anyway. The game looks promising. Graphically impressive but at the same time I thought the art design seemed a little bland. Some janky animations, maybe that can be sorted by release. And I hope the character creator is a bit more extensive than what was shown.

And when the fuck is 'holiday'?

Found the game interesting since its announcment.

And the preview here did not dissapoint. I hope the game lives up to what it promises. But given the recent desaster in gaming it just can be better than anything from 2021 and 2022 so far (excluding Elden Ring)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    And when the fuck is 'holiday'?
    Christmas time

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Christmas time
    Bummer....

Ill be keepin a tab on this one, looks good, but not gonna buy it till 2-3 patches in and maybe discount.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It doesn’t come out until xmas, but if it’ll run on switch I suspect your 970 will be sufficient. You just may need to turn down some stuff.
    Well if it’s Xmas my 970 will be hopefully replaced with a 3060TI or 3070 IF in the meantime they’ll go back to their real MSRP.

Turn off some stuff is not an issue as long as I won’t be forced to look at it in wireframe to get 60fps stable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    My hope is that quidditch is included(because it was such a big part of the movies), but it wasn't in a gameplay-preview state.
    It's wb. Im sure itll be 20 dollar launch day dlc

15+ Year Old Account
    Coding something like quidditch is a pretty big task. Especially if you want to make it accessible. Flying around in a 3D space while attempting to do other tasks at high speed isn’t easy for most players.
    Theres already flying, already a quidditch game and i dont care about accessibiltiy in games

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, well the people putting out a Harry Potter game on every platform possible certainly do. If they can’t do quidditch well while also making it accessible it won’t be something we do… However, they did show us the pitch so I suspect it’s something they’re still polishing. It looks like they’re trying to incorporate all the major activities a young wizard could get up to.

As for the timer thing on potions, I think people aren’t thinking about how potions work. The polyjuice potion took weeks to create in the books. Waiting 20m seems fair enough.
    I'm very aware western devs pivoted to appeal to the lowest common demoninator to maximize sales at the cost of fun

15+ Year Old Account
    If you absolutely need to play flying soccer to have fun in this game then maybe just stick to the quidditch game that exists.
    I mean, it's an important part of the school, not some random player housing that we're getting which they could have just used your room in your house dorms for

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    To me, making an HP game about going around and killing things is like all of those Star Trek games that were about blowing stuff up. Those game adaptations missed the point of the IP they were supposed to be adapting. Star Trek wasn't about blowing stuff up. It was about exploring worlds, interacting with aliens, analyzing anomalies, trying to use your toolkit to rig up a solution. And occasionally getting into a stand off and sometimes blowing something up. Except almost every Star Trek game omitted all of that and was just about blowing stuff up. Literally the one and only Star Trek game that vaguely felt like Star Trek - that had a significant amount of non-combat gameplay - was STO, and even then it was overly laden with combat. It's also like Lord of the Rings, which isn't a story about combat. In fact, very little page time is devoted to battles, and yet every game except LotRO was a murder simulator dressed up in a thin veneer of LotR.

When I think of Harry Potter, I don't think of zapping hundreds of mobs. I think about talking to ghosts, or trying to come up with a creative solution to a problem using a whacky toolkit of potions and magical artifacts, or solving puzzles, or riding strange creatures, and so on. And I guess maybe occasionally zapping someone. But this game feels like one of those hundreds of throwaway Star Trek or LotR games where it misses the point of the IP.

- - - Updated - - -

It feels like game design has hardly moved forward over the past 40 years. It feels like the gameplay loop of big budget games predominately revolves around combat and killing things. It feels like no one is trying to figure out how to create an engaging fantasy adventure where combat only happens some of the time and there is a lot of engaging gameplay outside of it.
    I havent seen you post a positive thing about a game in these forums ever so no surprises when the hot take of the day is that game design has not moved forward in 40 years. Literally "okay my dude" is the most sufficient answer to this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I mean, it's an important part of the school, not some random player housing that we're getting which they could have just used your room in your house dorms for
    Video games kinda has a point here.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'm very aware western devs pivoted to appeal to the lowest common demoninator to maximize sales at the cost of fun
    You do realize that it smells like the good old elitist "Git gud"/"This game is not for scrubs"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    You do realize that it smells like the good old elitist "Git gud"/"This game is not for scrubs"?
    Well, imho, "git gud" isn't elitist, it just sounds like it to the outside observer. Getting good is the point of difficult games, not the methodology to beat them. Getting good is sound advice when doing so simply requires repetition. If researching cheesing and not getting good his how one is approaching the games, they are missing the point and telling them to get good is sound advice.

"This game is not for scrubs" is of course elitist and ridiculous knee-jerk from fanboys mad people don't love their game, but I've rarely seen statements like that with Souls or Nioh games, or most games with great communities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Yes

- - - Updated - - -

You could just house a menagerie in your dorms where anyone could find it? I’d say interacting with and keeping magical beasts is much more important than quidditch ever was. Quidditch was entertainment, magical beasts are part of your education and the larger world.
    It's harry potter. They could come up with any magical way to do anything. Quidditch is a major part of the school to the point of NOT having it in is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I havent seen you post a positive thing about a game in these forums ever
    That is rather strange given the many, many indepth reviews I've posted in the game review thread over the years where I praised parts of games I liked, not to mention posts in other specific game threads such as the WoW forum (yes, even praising parts of Shadowlands and BFA), the Pokemon thread, the Trails and FFXIV threads, among others.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be buying a PS5 just for this at launch. Literally blowing 500+ bucks when this launches just so I can play this freaking game.

But if this is released for PC at launch, I can save some cash. According to this, its for every platform? (shoutout to Vegas82 for informing me)

Last edited by Rad1um; 2022-03-18 at 04:50 PM. Reason: updated info

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    That is rather strange given the many, many indepth reviews I've posted in the game review thread over the years where I praised parts of games I liked, not to mention posts in other specific game threads such as the WoW forum (yes, even praising parts of Shadowlands and BFA), the Pokemon thread, the Trails and FFXIV threads, among others.
    you realize your BfA thread starts off with, and I quote, "BFA is far and away the game's worst expansion.", right?