10+ Year Old Account

Question Whats Happening in Nicaragua? Ortega's Descent into Authoritarianism

Nicaragua's political evolution is so damn depressing.
    Today Nicaragua is holding an election but we already know the winner—because dictator Daniel Ortega locked up all his competitors.

Nicaragua Descends Into Autocratic Rule as Ortega Crushes Dissent

Is this the preferred form of governance for the Sandinistas? If the old CPSU had somehow been voted back into power in Russia it too would have restored a regime much like Lukashenko’s, and it would be even worse domestically than Putin’s.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's so quiet in here...

Checks Wikipedia. Apparently he was a radical leftist who helped overthrow the prior regime...

Political sides don't matter though because democracy is the only thing that matters. People who have erroneous ideas always hate liberal democracy because it represents the means of error-correction. Shame on him.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    It's so quiet in here...

Checks Wikipedia. Apparently he was a radical leftist who helped overthrow the prior regime...
    Man, you should get a new "Jump to Conclusion Mat"(TM).

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Which part, exactly? Leftist? Radical leftist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

They're so radical that they banned abortion.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Not really new, he's been authoritarian most recently since regaining power in 2007. He was denounced by the Obama and most recently the Biden administrations for his authoritarian activity. Unsurprisingly, the 1 termer in-between did not. He's not really "leftist" anymore, he's much more dictatorial with his adult children controlling most aspects of the country and squashing any political competition. I do not see the US under either a Demo or GOP President intervening more strongly anytime soon though. The closest is increasing anti-narcotics activity to maintain a presence which the US is already doing. We've been there done that with Ortega and have hotter global issues to deal with between Russia/Belarus pressuring Ukraine and Poland, North Korea's nuclear and missile progress, Chinese threats to Taiwan, etc. So this is probably something the Nicaraguan people are going to have to sort out on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Which part, exactly? Leftist? Radical leftist?
    That authoritarianism can come from the left or the right since it has nothing to do with ideology but a leader becoming power hungry?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    That authoritarianism can come from the left or the right since it has nothing to do with ideology but a leader becoming power hungry?
    Well, yes. Not sure why/what Edge pointed out. Sure, the quoted person is PC2, known for, erm, different opinions than most here.
    I dunno, I am not searching for deeper meanings. Guy was a leftie, became autocract, end of story, yay.
    Take that haters.

If you're going to post something in a language other than English...you should also provide the translation.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php...les_guidelines

Only post in English. As English is not everyone's native language, we ask you to not correct other people's posts unless you are asked to. Do not quote dictionary entries for the sake of arguing. Don't be the grammar police.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Well, yes. Not sure why/what Edge pointed out. Sure, the quoted person is PC2, known for, erm, different opinions than most here.
    I dunno, I am not searching for deeper meanings. Guy was a leftie, became autocract, end of story, yay.
    I'm pretty sure PC2 was implying (i.e. jumping to conclusions) that the thread was quiet because he was a leftist and left-leaning posters (the majority of posters in politics) therefore leave the thread alone, like right wingers would do in a similar situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone makes a left turn at an intersection

OP: wait until I tell MMO-Champ about this one.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kheirn View Post
    I'm pretty sure PC2 was implying (i.e. jumping to conclusions) that the thread was quiet because he was a leftist and left-leaning posters (the majority of posters in politics) therefore leave the thread alone, like right wingers would do in a similar situation.
    Not solely "leftists", it's a 3-way Venn diagram where Tulsi Bros, Putin Bots, and some "leftists" intersect over "America BAd Imperialist".

There was so much bad faith, they ghosted themselves ...
    Example:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...on-in-Bolivia/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Someone makes a left turn at an intersection

OP: wait until I tell MMO-Champ about this one.
    Wait until she learns she has a left hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

5+ Year Old Account
    Op "Ruskis stealz our elections!!!11"
    "You don't do that!!!"

Op "Usa must steal other countries elections!"
    "That's what we do n its fine!!!11"

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Op "Ruskis stealz our elections!!!11"
    "You don't do that!!!"

Op "Usa must steal other countries elections!"
    "That's what we do n its fine!!!11"
    Is that really the best you can do, start blaming USA randomly and without any evidence for this, just some vague whataboutism?
    Take that haters.

Please cut the personal back and forth and post on the topic.