Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Yes, but Lewis tends to be more vocal than other drivers when it comes to bitching, so that's why I'm surprised by how it went this time.
    He just has the most followers on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    He just has the most followers on twitter.
    ?

So what?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I think that's pretty accurate, I've seen all seasons going back to the mid 80s and have been watching live since the early 90s. What youtube videos have you been watching to give you that impression? Max is one of the best drivers to ever get into a racing car, which is why he was hired and able to take a championship battle to Lewis Hamilton.

Max like lots of drivers has off days and pushes the limits, but go watch Lewis race in 2011 where he has an off "year" full of incidents, or go watch his years battling Rosberg (2014/16 in particular). Sebastian Vettel has also had a brutal savage phase of his career, Michael Schumacher and Ayrton Senna too. Infact all of the most successful drivers in F1 history have been savage hard races who push everything to the limit of the rules for every competitive advantage.

Max is not a psycopath, I don't get why you would think that.

Max could have gotten past the lapped cars in a corner or two and he was much, much faster than Hamilton on those tyres. It's perfectly possible he could have still won, and there isn't a situation where you can just decide which driver wins based on an opinion as a way to overule what actually took place on track.

Again with the regulations/sporting code, why are you bringing that up? What happened on track is what happened, it's not Max's responsibility to decide what the other drivers (lapped cars) are doing and what the race director decides. All Max has to do is follow the rules and race hard, which he did. Why you're even bringing up the sporting code here which we've already discussed to death and is irrelevant to the point I was putting across I don't know.

It wasn't Max that broke the rules, it was Michael Masi. And had the rules not been broken by Masi there is no foregone conclusion as to the result of the race, so you can't just hand over the win.
    Psychopath is way too strong. He has a tremendous amount of steel, a slightly unbalanced side (not hugely surprising given his POS dad), is completely uncompromising, and has little regard for safety (his own or others), but tbh, that's what makes one of the best drivers out there.

Its not his fault that the FIA fucked it today; he is the beneficiary, but his skill put him in the position to luck out today.

(Side note - without the crash there was almost no chance he won - he was way off the pace required per lap to catch Hamilton - particularly with the traffic ahead)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    All the racers bitch, not just Lewis and they bitch about everything. Only difference between today and 20+ years ago is that we get to hear it.
    As the saying goes Red Bull gives you whinge. Every man is justified in his own eyes and drivers love a good moan.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    ?

So what?
    Every driver bitches, Hamilton's bitching is heard by the most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
    Psychopath is way too strong. He has a tremendous amount of steel, a slightly unbalanced side (not hugely surprising given his POS dad), is completely uncompromising, and has little regard for safety (his own or others), but tbh, that's what makes one of the best drivers out there.

Its not his fault that the FIA fucked it today; he is the beneficiary, but his skill put him in the position to luck out today.

(Side note - without the crash there was almost no chance he won - he was way off the pace required per lap to catch Hamilton - particularly with the traffic ahead).
    I agree with you pretty much entirely. For clarity I fully think Lewis deserved it today on merit, despite what I've said in support of Max. But I just feel Max only dealt with the circumstances as they presented themselves and he did everything he needed to capitalise on on a one in a million lottery ticket of luck. I could see on friday that Lewis was faster by a lot, Max blew my mind when he did that qualifying lap on Saturday, but then he had to come back down to reality today as his pace wasn't even close.

I was annoyed that Lewis got a free pass for gaining an advantage off track but if he had given back the place as he should have he would have still got past Max without any doubt, and still left him behind. But in the end sometimes things play out in a weird way, just like Timo Glock in 2008 taking the championship that Massa fully deserved or just like how in 2016 Lewis outraced Nico over the season but still lost the championship on bad luck.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

This video is amazing lol.

The crowd cheering when Max overtook Hamilton, Toto in absolute anger and frustration, pure gold.

He actually forgets all that for a moment, when it looks like Hamilton will take back p1, but as soon as that fails, he's back to anger/frustration mode again hahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Every driver bitches, Hamilton's bitching is heard by the most people.
    Plus the FIA are going to put through comms they think the viewers will want. They're not going to put in a back end team rookie when they can pump in something from Lewis/Max/Mercs/RedBull/Ferrari etc

Yeah, Lewis had advantage and would win this race in clear conditions. But you should clearly understand, how this advantage was gained. Sometimes judges prefer to give victory to someone not according to current situation, but to this one, who deserves it more. Mercedes was way too dirty in this season and exploited all possible loopholes in rules to win this season. I don't talk about "intentional" crashes, because nobody can prove anything here. Kicking rear tire - is actually very dirty move. Because usually drivers try to avoid contacts, because contacts usually mean mutual damage. But puncturing rear tire via front wing - is one of that cheats, can be used by anti-sport drivers. This thing is actually almost happened during Jeddah, when Max was extremely lucky not to have his rear left blown. But has anyone counted, how many engines they used? How much money was invested into them? It was clear, that they used some unfair engine tactic to return back to old era of one-race engines. It's something, that could be called P2W. You boost engine's power, but reliability suffers, so you have to pay for more and more engines, that is against budget limiting rules. And Red Bull was in bad situation, because they were on very old engine. May be it didn't lose it's power, but it's reliability obviously suffered, so they had to decrease power anyway. Mercedes was on almost new engines. And we don't even know, how legal their engines, suspensions and wings were. Sometimes it happens, that judges start to "overjudge" teams, that are "highly likely" to cheat. Like it was with Benetton back in Schumacher era, when it was suspected, that they used illegal traction control.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-12-13 at 09:43 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah, Lewis had advantage and would win this race in clear conditions. But you should clearly understand, how this advantage was gained. Sometimes judges prefer to give victory to someone not according to current situation, but to this one, who deserves it more. Mercedes was way too dirty in this season and exploited all possible loopholes in rules to win this season. I don't talk about "intentional" crashes, because nobody can prove anything here. Kicking rear tire - is actually very dirty move. Because usually drivers try to avoid contacts, because contacts usually mean mutual damage. But puncturing rear tire via front wing - is one of that cheats, can be used by anti-sport drivers. This thing is actually almost happened during Jeddah, when Max was extremely lucky not to have his rear left blown. But has anyone counted, how many engines they used? How much money was invested into them? It was clear, that they used some unfair engine tactic to return back to old era of one-race engines. It's something, that could be called P2W. You boost engine's power, but reliability suffers, so you have to pay for more and more engines, that is against budget limiting rules. And Red Bull was in bad situation, because they were on very old engine. May be it didn't lose it's power, but it's reliability obviously suffered, so they had to decrease power anyway. Mercedes was on almost new engines. And we don't even know, how legal their engines, suspensions and wings were. Sometimes it happens, that judges start to "overjudge" teams, that are "highly likely" to cheat. Like it was with Benetton back in Schumacher era, when it was suspected, that they used illegal traction control.
    They check the cars pretty thoroughly, and Horner pretty much demanded the Mercedes were dismantled and checked every week, to no avail. They even has the FIA make up a new test, which the Mercs passed.

I think the difference in between Lewis and Bottas show you the difference in driver rather than car.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They check the cars pretty thoroughly, and Horner pretty much demanded the Mercedes were dismantled and checked every week, to no avail. They even has the FIA make up a new test, which the Mercs passed.

I think the difference in between Lewis and Bottas show you the difference in driver rather than car.
    Not all things can be tested. For example engines aren't disassembled. Even Ferrari wasn't truly caught two years ago. There are several sensors at certain parts of it. They measure some parameters, that should stay legal. But there is always some room for cheating. It just very strange, that they didn't have any problems with their engines during first half of season, but all of a sudden started to have them by the end. Something was changed.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

That was the most 2021 way to end the championship. Max pretty much needed divine intervention and got lucky. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't

This is the universe squaring things up for Brazil 2008

And most importantly Lewis won't claim outright most titles which I was worried most about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all things can be tested. For example engines aren't disassembled. Even Ferrari wasn't truly caught two years ago. There are several sensors at certain parts of it. They measure some parameters, that should stay legal. But there is always some room for cheating. It just very strange, that they didn't have any problems with their engines during first half of season, but all of a sudden started to have them by the end. Something was changed.
    Finding performance that trashes your engine isn’t against the rules, the rules on changing engines are meant to deter it because engines are supposed to last. But it is generally accepted that F1 engines don’t last forever which is why you can swap them.

You throw around accusations of cheating against Mercedes with no evidence, yet see nothing weird in Masi literally breaking the FIA’s own rules and handing Max the title because he thinks he can pull out the Joker rule of ‘Race Director gets to do what the fuck they want’. To win him a race he lost in qualifying when he fucked his tires and entire race strategy in the process.

If you don’t think had that been any other race, that it’d have ended under the safety car, I don’t know what to say to you.

You throw around accusations of cheating against Mercedes with no evidence, yet see nothing weird in Masi literally breaking the FIA’s own rules and handing Max the title because he thinks he can pull out the Joker rule of ‘Race Director gets to do what the fuck they want’. To win him a race he lost in qualifying when he fucked his tires and entire race strategy in the process.
    How it looked for me: First Masi decided not to let cars pass by. It was obvious win for Lewis, because just one lap isn't enough to overtake so many cars, even if they would just stop and let Max pass them. Around 0.5..1 lap passed since that moment. Problem was - IT WAS ALSO AGAINST RULES and Red Bull reminded Masi about it. If it wouldn't have happened - it would have been Red Bull, who would be protesting now. He decided to change his mind, but time was lost and it was too late for all cars to overtake. So, he came to 50/50 solution. That's it.

SUPER MAX! The kid deserved this so much!

10+ Year Old Account
    How it looked for me: First Masi decided not to let cars pass by. It was obvious win for Lewis, because just one lap isn't enough to overtake so many cars, even if they would just stop and let Max pass them. Around 0.5..1 lap passed since that moment. Problem was - IT WAS ALSO AGAINST RULES and Red Bull reminded Masi about it. If it wouldn't have happened - it would have been Red Bull, who would be protesting now. He decided to change his mind, but time was lost and it was too late for all cars to overtake. So, he came to 50/50 solution. That's it.
    The rules would have allowed Sainz a run on them as well though. Cars further down the order were also denied an opportunity to make up positions by not allowing some cars to unlap themselves. That's kind of the point of the rule - they unlap themselves so they don't interfere with racing.

You can't just half adhere to a rule because you want someone to win a Championship. Again, tell me those decisions would have been made in any other race.

The rules would have allowed Sainz a run on them as well though. Cars further down the order were also denied an opportunity to make up positions by not allowing some cars to unlap themselves. That's kind of the point of the rule - they unlap themselves so they don't interfere with racing.

You can't just half adhere to a rule because you want someone to win a Championship. Again, tell me those decisions would have been made in any other race.
    Personally I think FIA should fire Masi, and ignore the TV's big bucks. After all, FIA's rulings and judgements have been all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Personally I think FIA should fire Masi, and ignore the TV's big bucks. After all, FIA's rulings and judgements have been all over the place.
    FIA are in a really tough spot now. Ironically, the fuck up, and then standing by it makes it harder for them to fire Masi. It would be tantamount to admitting fault before the inevitable legal battle. Without it, there would have been more than enough reason to fire Masi anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
    FIA are in a really tough spot now. Ironically, the fuck up, and then standing by it makes it harder for them to fire Masi. It would be tantamount to admitting fault before the inevitable legal battle. Without it, there would have been more than enough reason to fire Masi anyway.
    I think we can all agree FIA did some qeustionable things.

I'm going to enjoy all the meme's that are to come about this mess.

Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I'm going to enjoy all the meme's that are to come about this mess.

Lol ikr?

https://9gag.com/gag/arnOpj6
    https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/phot..._460svvp9.webm

Bah both links didn't show a thumbnail.