Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    how about blizzard's own words during their last years of corporate meetings where wow classic is hailed as the savior of their pockets?
    they said they had a influx of players, yes. Not that it was the savior of their pockets or anything like that. Just do the math yourself. 3.7m copies sold day 1 of sl, or bf's release, or legions release, Times 40 euro or whatever the price is in dollars. This is for the standard edition. This is the bare minimum they made. Now divide that on a sub fee to see how many subs they needed to match that number. And there is simply NO way blizzard had 7 mill subs for 2 months or 14 mill subs for a month of classic to match that. Just didn't happen

It’s like you ignore that classic doubles their subs and to this day, has more raid activity than SL
    Whats your source on the raid activity thing?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    do you need to be subbed to test on the ptr, asking for a friend?
    No. I haven't subbed for years but I can always log into the PTR. I mean not now, I have the whole Battle.net client uninstalled, but if I wanted I totally could. I think if you ever subbed before, you can enter the PTR. But that is just a guess.

Hopefully burning crusade because retail is garbage right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacin9 View Post
    There must be a thread "WowIsDead64 vs ALL", cuz it seems you like to argue for the sake of arguing and your arguments fall flat easily.

Assuming you don't raid, m+ or pvp, which I'm pretty sure you don't do based on every post you make. The fact taht you like that content and dislike the other, while both are technically equal, doesn't make one have the best replayability. You could have gotten away with 'i enjoyed it the most, far better than SL, but now you got pretty much everyone raising eyebrows at your posts.

Garrison and buildings = Covenant Hall and buildings (the building resource availability isn't acounted for, since we're just breaking down systems)
    Baleful gear = Covenant 197 gear, and future catch-up gear iterations (if you argue that baleful was more powerful - it came out later in the expansion, so it had to be)
    Apexis crystals = Anima
    Tanaan = Maw or any other zone since they all have max level content unlike WoD
    Apexis dailies = World Quests and callings

The systems are pretty much the same (very similar at least), but you love one and hate the other. So either the flavour, which is compeltely personal, or (what I think is the main reason) - resource acquisition rate. Takes longer to farm enough anima than it took to get apexis and/or garrison resources. But those systems lasted for 1-2 months, while anima is supposed to last throughout the expansion.

So at your pace 9.0 will last you for much longer than the 2 years you enjoyed 6.2 for. You should try it.
    They are different not due to "they have X, Y, Z content". They're different by design. When you do content in WOD, you don't feel that "Ahhh, Blizzard try to artificially stretch my play session by 500%".

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

might even be playing Wrath Classic before 9.1 at this rate

Considering how the TBC beta is already going on and how little there really needs to be done and tested (like 99% of the content is working as intended without even testing it), I'd say TBC will launch much sooner than most people think. I wouldn't be surprised if pre-patch landed in May already and in June it properly launches.

9.1 is pretty concerning yeah, there seems to be no ptr in sight yet and we didn't see much of it at all in blizzconline, so that is definitely an indicator that they're very much behind. I do expect the PTR to land in april though.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    and here is some official data we can interpret. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ga...tus/classic-eu
    see how many retail servers on full and high compared to classic in each region ? classic is a fraction of retails players
    Realm population is extremely inaccurate due to many realms being connected nowadays.

Disregarding that you don't have access to any numbers regarding CN, where Classic is extremely popular.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    amount of logged players on warcraftlogs. its litteraly the most retarded form of evidence for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    A simple comparison of Warcraft logs would do it. Go ahead and compare (non lfr) raid logs across classic and retail. Spoiler alert: classic not only has vastly more raids completed in the same time frame, but more than double the raiders participating

- - - Updated - - -

they said they had a influx of players, yes. Not that it was the savior of their pockets or anything like that. Just do the math yourself. 3.7m copies sold day 1 of sl, or bf's release, or legions release, Times 40 euro or whatever the price is in dollars. This is for the standard edition. This is the bare minimum they made. Now divide that on a sub fee to see how many subs they needed to match that number. And there is simply NO way blizzard had 7 mill subs for 2 months or 14 mill subs for a month of classic to match that. Just didn't happen
    It’s almost like you forget they did sell a collectors edition of classic too with a box. That sold more than retails CE by 2-1

Also, classic not only doubled their subs (more like tripled) but the people playing classic stuck around. There was no point in bfa where bfa had more players than classic. Classic stood tall over retail all of bfa and now even SL with tbc classic will suffer the same thing. And just like Bfa, it doesn’t help that SL is a half ass expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    A simple comparison of Warcraft logs would do it. Go ahead and compare (non lfr) raid logs across classic and retail. Spoiler alert: classic not only has vastly more raids completed in the same time frame, but more than double the raiders participating
    But lfr is literally the most ran version of the raid..so why actively using incomplete data as comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    But lfr is literally the most ran version of the raid..so why actively using incomplete data as comparison?
    shocking to absolutely no one that he has to tailor the data to fit his delusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    1) it isn’t well documented and logged like the others

2) no one with a functioning brain can call lfr raiding

10+ Year Old Account

1) it isn’t well documented and logged like the others

2) no one with a functioning brain can call lfr raiding
    But you call classic "raiding"? lmao

amount of logged players on warcraftlogs. its litteraly the most retarded form of evidence for anything.
    He just needs to look up the amount of players with the achievement for sire