Nexus mods safe? I found this in the forums, but I couldn't respond to it.

@zealo yes I know this was old, but my point is that the information given is total BS.

Nexus mods is a legit website but if you are worried just scan the files you download before installing them and booting up the game.

Quote Originally Posted by hannibalektr View Post
    The NMM or nexus mod manager is not safe to download as the servers hosting files for nexus have served up a nasty trojan with it. I got this trojan and had to reformat my machine to get rid of it.
    Here is a report of it this year:
    gameranx.com/updates/id/13568/article/skyrim-nexus-reportedly-compromised-by-malware-hack/
    Another:
    forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/511054-highly-agressive-virus-on-the-loos-eon-skyrim-nexus/

The steam workshop is a much safer way to go.
    Please take a look at the time stamp next time, you would be naive to think they have not fixed security holes like that a bit over 5 months down the line.
    Last edited by zealo; 2013-08-23 at 01:30 PM.
    Here is my point, you stated that it would be naive to think that in 5 months that a security hole wouldn't have been fixed.

There have been Major security holes in windows brought forward into further versions of Windows for over 10 YEARS that have not been fixed!!! so NO 5 months is NOT naive, to believe it's not fixed untill it's verified safe by 3rd party security professionals after something like this happens, the software is considered unsafe. even after all this time if it hasn't been given a clean bill of health by a security team.

You waited 8 years to post this? And where is the context behind this near-decade post in the making?

oh wow,look at that,a real life necromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You waited 8 years to post this? And where is the context behind this near-decade post in the making?
    I mean it has to be a pretty epic tale of treachery and deceit, right? I am also waiting with baited breath, especially since the nexus mods client has been completely rewritten into vortex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ad-mods-off-of

Found it through some digging, If I were to guess the only reason our friend here didn’t do a straight up necro in the original thread is because the other thread is locked.

At any rate, I’m more curious about why he’s digging up 8 year old threads about NMM and calling out posters from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't dig up old topics to start drama.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |