Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Shame still not all is new is up like raid and LFR people need to wait again months

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Sure, but those old school fans will have to sit by and watch their beloved IP turn into something which stinks. Just saying "turn away and do something else" pretty much goes against human instinct.

"Oh your country was invaded by a different country? Just focus on something else, man. It's their country now."
    "Oh your sports team is rubbish under that new coach? Dude, let the new fans enjoy their stinky team and start fishing instead."
    "Oh your workplace is having to lay people off under bad management? Mate, no need to worry. You can just move on, don't try to fix it."
    "Oh the oceans are dead due to pollution? So what, just go enjoy the forest instead!"
    I think I have different measure for games and people's lives, so I don't really know how to respond. Maybe: don't treat games as seriously as people's lives? But if you do, at least it explains why you're still in the grief period. I honestly hope acceptance comes at some point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    As someone who worked as both they are pretty interchangeable. To the point that one hour you are taking orders in a restaurant, next serve drinks as bartender of rooftop bar and then going as a room service.

Done it all in a single night.

Now if you said being a cook/chef and being a bartender are the same because they make thing ordered by guests then i would agree.
    "pretty interchangeable"
    i didnt know waiters had to be adults who had a special licence to do their job like bartenders do.

- - - Updated - - -

Just stop it.

I was a game developer in a former life, and right now I'm a digital marketer. Even across those two fairly different industries, WFH is largely the same.
    lol you have to be memeing right?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "pretty interchangeable"
    i didnt know waiters had to be adults who had a special licence to do their job like bartenders do.

- - - Updated - - -

lol you have to be memeing right?
    I did not have it. Nobody had. It was not some shithole but 4 stared hotel in the middle of Barcelona.

Maybe you thinking that the BAR need to have license to sell alcohol hm?

And im pretty sure you need to be adult to work in any job. Child labour was kinda killed decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    Shame still not all is new is up like raid and LFR people need to wait again months
    Yeah I never understood why LFR is time-gated unlike Mythic Raid. Mythic gets cleared before LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

I did not have it. Nobody had. It was not some shithole but 4 stared hotel in the middle of Barcelona.

And im pretty sure you need to be adult to work in any job. Child labour was kinda killed decades ago.
    Depends on the country. It still exists in places all over the world.

7+ Year Old Account

... no most places let 16 or 18 year olds work jobs... but to be a bartender you need to be of drinking age.
    also you need training to be a bartender, you cant just pick up being a bartender. bartender's license, RSA, Bartender Certificate, changes based on the area.

but speaking you think people below drinking age are not legally allowed to work speaks wonders about you.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-07-04 at 10:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

... no most places let 16 or 18 year olds work jobs... but to be a bartender you need to be of drinking age.
    also you need trainign to be a bartender, you cant just pick up being a bartender.
    So you need training for most jobs. Even those with no requirements oor experience still have mandatory training time. And in 18 is legal to work where i live. Actually taking underaged employee is more hassle that worth it.

Overall bad analogy was bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yeah I never understood why LFR is time-gated unlike Mythic Raid. Mythic gets cleared before LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on the country. It still exists in places all over the world.
    Interesting. I only ever heard about license to sell alcohol that is for the store/bar not for individual people.

Battle for Azeroth. Warlords of Draenor. Cataclysm.

All bad. No Pandemic excuse. The Pandemic is just an excuse to fall back on. I’m sure it had a small effect, but WoW is all digital. They can do a lot of that work from home.

@OP no 9.1 is one of the worst patches ever right up there with Visions of N’Zoth.
    We were talking about time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Game development is probably the best profession if you are forced into home office. The problem might be that Blizzard pays its employees so little money that they have to live in cars. Might be hard to get your homeoffice started in a backseat. Also there was no pandemic in WoD or BFA.
    again time not quality, can none of you read lol

also you need training to be a bartender, you cant just pick up being a bartender. bartender's license, RSA, Bartender Certificate, changes based on the area.

but speaking you think people below drinking age are not legally allowed to work speaks wonders about you.
    Since you edited let me tell you. 18 is drinking age. 18 id driving age. At least in places i have been. Sure, it sometimes change based on coutry but so other things. Not everyone life in you place, broad the horizons.

Oh and you sometimes need license or not. Mostly bartenders with license get better jobs but in most places you can work without one or make one during a job.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You can't really go by that. MoP had 2 content patches in the same time frame for example. Shadowlands has had 1.
    MoP had also 14 month drought, so more than 50% of expansion lifetime. Dude just compare patches, if we want judge expansion as whole, we need big picture. If (this is optimistic scenario of course), 9.2 is released in November, 9.3 on May, some 1-2 mini patches in between, 10.0 on February 2023 - SL would last almost exactly as MoP, had same patch support, but better spreaded.

People like to shit on current or unpopular stuff and pick things that suits their opinion. 8.3 was shit on cause it had less open world content than 7.3, but they forget 8.2 stomped over 7.2. Also in post you quoted guy gives credit for Nighthold to 7.1, but 6.1 is "selfie patch" despite that Blackrock Foundry get released literally week before.

I am enjoying it so far but I am afraid we will be left with nothing to do very soon again.

If it's harder for the team to make quality content (or if it just takes longer because of the pandemic), they could just microdose us some new questlines and content as the main patch unfolds and release smaller patches along the way. I would personally love to go back to EK and Kalimdor, there are so many possibilities. Hell, they could revamp one or two old zones at a time, give us new quests to do, one dungeon and I would be happy, but nothing like that will probably happen because we are kind of stuck in SL. I wouldn't mind to leave the zones for good.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    And I'm just pointing out that Blizzard is not government
    That is correct.

nor business,
    They are a business, though? Within the IT and media branch.

therefore they should not have been affected very much.
    Sending people to work home affects a company a lot, both in workflow and personnel management. Not to mention personal abilities, not everyone works well from home.

I work in IT, most of my friends also work in IT and none of our companies struggled to shift to remote work.
    I work in IT, and a lot of my friends do too, and we aren't a small company either. Yet. We have many sections that could not be shifted to remote work. Among them being emergency support, technicians, customer support, shipping and handling, and sales - all having to be at the office to do their job.

Not even huge multinationals with 100K+ staff worldwide.
    A lot of multinational companies only sent some home, and the majority was in countries that demanded only essential workers to stay in office. Which in my case, was a thing.

Saying Blizz was late or the expansion is shit because of covid seems like a pretty bad excuse to me.
    No, but believing a product cannot be delayed or lose effort due to a global pandemic is absurd. As well, there is also the subjective view. Some enjoy it, some don't. Some BECAUSE OF THE PANDEMIC has hyped up more content because there would be more to do. And it would be too naive to believe you would get all patch content right away.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Again, I'm talking about how human beings works. The actual examples can be replaced by exactly anything and cover subjects both small or large, important or trivial. It's not about the value of human lives vs video games. It's about how we, primates from the African savannah, work.

When we cherish something and it is under threat of being made worse or destroyed, we will react by trying to keep it the way things were when they were considered good.
    It's also a human thing to accept a loss, and old WoW is dead, just as old Blizzard.
    And you are stuck in your grief, or maybe even denial phase.

You can't really go by that. MoP had 2 content patches in the same time frame for example. Shadowlands has had 1.

September 25, 2012 - Mists of Pandaria expansion released in North America and Europe.

November 27 - Patch 5.1.0

New world PvP conflict and factions
    Brawler's Guild
    Item Level Upgrades
    Battle pet upgrade system
    New Scenarios:
    A Little Patience
    Assault on Zan'vess
    Dagger in the Dark
    Domination Point
    Lion's Landing

March 5 - Patch 5.2.0

New Daily Quest Hub: The Isle of Thunder
    New Raid: Throne of Thunder
    Legendary Quest continues
    New World Bosses:
    Boss Nalak, the Storm Lord
    Boss Oondasta
    New World Boss System
    New scenarios
    Sunsong Ranch farming improvements

That's also with 57 days to spare.

MoP = 161 days for 2 patches since launch
    Shadowlands = 218 days for 1st patch since launch

Also MoP's 3rd patch launched 20 days later than the 1st patch for Shadowlands at 238 days.

May 21 - Patch 5.3.0

New Battleground: Deepwind Gorge
    New Arena: The Tiger's Peak
    New Scenarios:
    Battle on the High Seas
    Blood in the Snow
    Dark Heart of Pandaria
    The Secrets of Ragefire
    Heroic Scenarios
    Quest Campaign: Escalation
    XP needed for level 85 - 90 reduced by 33%.

1 patch in 218 days or 3 in 238 days .... Hmm.. thinking...
    Sooo...

For 3 MoP patches:

5.1:
    - Brawler guild
    - New scenarios

5.2:
    - New raid
    - New zone

5.3:
    - New BG, new arena
    - New scenarios.

All 3 first MoP patches still on par with 9.1 if we trade new BG+Arena for new Megadungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Depends on the hardware being used, and we have been told before that Blizzard uses a whole lot of custom tech, which could mean proprietary software and could mean old crusty computers jury rigged to do a specific thing.

IT jobs are not created equally for that matter. For some not seeing your coworkers means little to nothing, for others it could cripple the entire workflow. It's hard to say where Blizzard falls between these two points without working there.

Not to mention that work from home dies mean you need to make your home your office, which could be challenging if you live with 4 roommates who all need to work from the same tiny apartment.
    God... reading ur stuff just makes me barf.

Hard to find such a iron defender over issues that actually matter and not just for a billion dollar company that sees you and everybody else as cattle while releasing the lazyest content for the same inflatuated price.

Starting to like Korthia more and more. The zone and especially the music makes me chill. Logging in, doing the dailies, the assaults when they are up and just generally feel good while being there. It doesn't take forever, and have a decent amount of rares and small events.

Even the Maw is here for a reason now. And we have a mega dungeon and raid coming, and flying. It's nice.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-07-04 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post

My opinion is based on the preview we got of this patch four months ago. That screenshot already told me everything I needed to know about Korthia. Presumptuous? Yes, I felt presumptuous all this time. I hoped it would amount to more. But now my presumptions have been confirmed I can't say I'm disappointed.
    Funny. I had the same feeling as you my man. I did the right thing tough. Canceled my recurring subscription and decided to skip the torghast/maw borring grind for this patch.

Bought a couple games on steam and Spellforce 3 has been a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    There's a limit to how much one can blame COVID. Yes, it had an effect, but if you look across the industry it seemed to hit Blizz harder than most...
    and i stop you right there, patch for FF, which is probably best comparison, was delayed by 2 months due to covid, i dont think wow was delayed more... two months sooner we would get new patch with raid 5m after expansion which would actualy be on the earlier side of "normal"(i believe nighthold opening 4,5months after expansion was fastest)...
    so no, blizz really wasnt hit harder than most, it was hit roughly the same as their "competition", its just people LOVE to overestimate how long they wait for something...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Also, I don't think you can separate quality from a delay
    you absolutely can, and my coment and the coment i reacted to said literaly just it took long, i pointed out that nobody said "well i dont like the patch but thats fine due to covid" but rather "its later, but i can let that slide due to covid", which is fair given they started to work on it after already being on home office

and sure you can connect time delay with TECHNICAL quality (and quantity) not subjective "i dont like this despite taking too long", which have fuck all to do with time delay
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-07-04 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Nope. That's your twisted point of view. Or maybe just trying to degenerate my post.

From new patch raid/dungeon? Yes, I just want new gear, list of BIS items and no 50+++ ilvls inflation.

From patch it self- new zone, new rep, new story, new outside activities, new BGs, new Duns, new scenarios, new profession stuff.... there could be 98743572947239 things they could think about or add into game.
    But why would they? People can get that in 1-2-3 months... And then they can even ignore logging in for 5-10-15 days. BUT THEY WOULD BE HAPPY ABOUT THEIR PROGRESS AND THEIR ACHIEVEMENTS!

People are EXTREMELY UNHAPPY and are slowly getting overwhelmed/fed up with COUNTLESS systems, upon systems, upon systems, upon systems....
    I agree with everything you just said my good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Doesn't mean you had irrational expectations for the patch and are feigning disappointment in a desperate attempt to garner sympathy from internet strangers by virtue of having the extremely unique opinion that "new thing BAD."
    Uhhh, 7 months without content is enough for people to have expectations for the patch.
    Funny thing is, their expectations aren't even high, it is even below moderate. People don't want to redo snoreghast and legendaries again. They've done them 7 months ago already.
    You're so blinded by your dislike for people that just "complain" for the sake of garnering sympathy from the internet (which isn't true, people pay for this shit, they get to complain) that you've turned into a blatant shill for Blizzard. Yikes.