Poll: Tormented affix: Yay or Nay?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not having such ridiculous % route requirements is instantly much better than pride.

But I do wish there were more powers to choose from.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    My only problem with it so far is the acquisition of powers.

Why didn't they go with the Torghast way? Mob dies -> Anima pops up instantly -> You choose your power

But nah, instead we have to click an extra object that is god awful to click on and then click again on the popped up anima

Complexity for the sake of complexity...
    probably a technical limiation tbh. The one in raid works the same, but there it's to interact with it again to gain the power choice again. So I guess it's just a permanent "source" for anima power that's required.

maybe regular anima power despawn after running away or after a time? If so you can use orb to get it incase you forget etc etc.

So far I like it, though some are kinda meh. But as a mechanic it's great fun.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-07-10 at 08:52 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

It is alright... though I don't really know why they don't just let you lock in your choices ahead of time rather then picking during the run. I am never not gonna want the same anima powers as dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    It is alright... though I don't really know why they don't just let you lock in your choices ahead of time rather then picking during the run. I am never not gonna want the same anima powers as dps.
    Yoeah most of the time you'll take the same, but having one volcanic plumage in your team is quite nice it saves a lot of interrupts/stuns.

Also... fuck clicking on them. Twice. Clicking... urrggs

i definitely prefer it over prideful

i also definitely enjoy the whole 4 players getting volcanic power in halls

Nice not to have to optimize exacting and sometimes convoluted routes for Prideful. Not too exciting of an affix, but I don't mind that.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

I would take literally anything over prideful. I hate the "you have to do exactly 20% before the boss to have the buff otherwise it takes so long the key depletes" formula where you have little to no control in routes. Don't misunderstand: There will ALWAYS be a meta route, but playing alternatives routes (or accidentaly pulling some extra guys) won't get your key depleted.

Honestly this should have been season 1 because it's so much more forgiving of the route the group can take.

Then after we'd running the dungeons for 9 months they should have done pride where hitting exactly 20% is super critical.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

I really like it. The fact you can go out of the way to get powers beforehand and that you're not tied to trash % are definitely better than prideful.

They fall short on the powers though. I know that you cannot have RNG on powers otherwise they would be a shitfest, but in the end i don't even read them because i kmow which ones to pick already.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was looking for this information and couldn't find it, so that probably gives me my answer before I ask this: are these Tormented powers ever going to change? Weekly? Eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Nice not to have to optimize exacting and sometimes convoluted routes for Prideful. Not too exciting of an affix, but I don't mind that.

Part of me feels the same way, but I'm not sure how strong Tormented will scale as you get up into the +20's and higher. Prideful was so damn powerful.

I like the new affix. It's definitely easier and less restrictive than Prideful. As a healer main I can dps 80% of the dungeon now. The anima powers are pretty much forgettable though. I just wish you shouldn't have to click twice to select the anima power, that's an unnecessary waste of time.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-07-11 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaneLivesInDeath View Post
    Part of me feels the same way, but I'm not sure how strong Tormented will scale as you get up into the +20's and higher. Prideful was so damn powerful.
    It was, but if you check really high keys the amount of damage and HP the prideful add had was way too much to justify using it, and many teams found ways to avoid it and not have to deal with it, since the time spent on it became to much and wasn't offset by the damage buff provided.

Blizzard then hotfixed it so it wasn't possible anymore, but there's also that. For generic KSM levels and slightly above, it was a no-brainer.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    depends on dungeons and if it's fortfied or tyrannical. I will take the dot stacking power on tyrannical and if the mobs in general aren't having a problem with interrupts.
    Will take volcanic on fortified, depending on dungeon to help with constant interrupts. For example it's really good in Theater of Pain i found, maybe necrotic if the frostbolt volleys is an issue for one reason or another etc etc.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Really like it for now but i think the impact and excitement compared to pride affix will wear off a lot faster.

There should be more choices, for most specs it's already figured out when to take what.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    depends on dungeons and if it's fortfied or tyrannical. I will take the dot stacking power on tyrannical and if the mobs in general aren't having a problem with interrupts.
    Will take volcanic on fortified, depending on dungeon to help with constant interrupts. For example it's really good in Theater of Pain i found, maybe necrotic if the frostbolt volleys is an issue for one reason or another etc etc.
    It's quite good on Mists too to prevent the casts from the acid worms after the second boss.

I like it over Prideful just for the fact of "we have to do this weird ass route to make sure we optimize the pride spawns". Doing a couple of 10s this week made me so happy because we didn't have to worry about skipping some mobs/pulling others way out of the way/etc.

Powers are pretty bad, would be nice if they came up with newer ones every month or so, but they won't do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaneLivesInDeath View Post
    I was looking for this information and couldn't find it, so that probably gives me my answer before I ask this: are these Tormented powers ever going to change? Weekly? Eventually?
    Blizzard hasn't explicitly said "they will not change," but they are not expected to aside from whatever tuning changes and will likely be static all season. That said, it is unknown whether the positions in which each Lt. appears in the dungeon will swap around so you may get them in a different order from week to week.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Boring anima powers but I enjoy not basing my entire dungeon off 20% increments

My experience running 15s is pretty bad. But I saw that coming.

The dungeons at a high level are tuned to be done with Prideful and the Anima Powers are nowhere near that level of power. As a healer I get like 500 Mastery long as I stay above 70% health and can gobble food down fast. That's it and it is not enough.

On top of that they increased mobs health to make them even worse damage sponges. Making it very difficult to time the key. And that is in a Tyrannical week. I shudder to think how it will be with Fortified on Wednesday...

I like the idea as a whole, but there needs to be some major tuning unless the goal is that we need to gear to 250 to time 15s.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    So the mini bosses aren’t great. It’s basically avoiding one shot mechanics in a confined space, which is not a type of encounter I enjoy because it de-emphasizes throughput and gear and leads to that “ok you got me, whatever” feel if you zone out and get hit.

I haven’t played it much but I don’t feel like the anima powers have been all that useful.
    No idea what this is supposed to mean. Yes if you fail a mechanic you might die, this is basically what a "mechanic" is. Making you do things so you dont die.