Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ren' dorei aka void elf story

I think it would be better if void elves were alleria s elves who found the void and had to use it when travelling across stars instead of blood elves banishing a few of their own. Blood elves let all kinda spellcasters, warlocks, thieves in yet they hate the void? Makes no sense. Void elves should have been like how turalyon found the light, void elves find the void. And how warlocks must be careful to not let demons run free, they should be careful about the void all the time. And they can be used excessively in a void lords story. Like how demon hunters were used in legion. Right now they look like blue high elves.

I think it would be even better if they were forever ignored in the future story.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really grasp the point of Void Elves in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Two words: Fan service.

The Ren'dorei story is perfect and flawless.

Them being former Blood elves of the Horde (for the most part) gives them a connection to the other faction. It also gives Alleria more leverage in her attempts to bring Quel'Thalas back into the Alliance (as many of the Blood elves willingly follow Alleria over the corrupt current Thalassian government, this will spread chaos and discord in the Thalassian society).

Being former members of the Horde, they can also sympathize with the Horde races. Such as when Magister Umbric and his comrades in the Void tried to free the goblin race from the capitalist yoke of the vile Gallywix.

It should also be noted that many Ren'dorei (Children of the Void) are actually High elves who have found their way to Telogrus Rift to delve in the study of the Void. So we have Alleria and a relatively sizeable portion of the race that never gorged themselves in Fel like the Sin'dorei.

And what would truly be ironic is if Drathir himself were somehow brought back and made to serve the Ren'dorei, with his immense knowledge on the mysterious field of the Void...
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-08-19 at 04:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are based around the idea of shooting yourself in the foot and attempting to walk it off. As of now most of their development is hey look at all the creepy shit I can do to things and one day I might go the fuck off and take everyone around with me screaming.

Void elves have a story?

The Horde loyal Sin'dorei never gorged themselves in Fel.

The Sunfury on Outland, who later became Fel-Sin'dorei were the ones who did that.

Silvermoon Sin'dorei took to draining magic out of living beings...an Arcane Magical practice. Their eyes turned green due to the fel radiation, which Umbric and his followers had, before they unleashed the void. Wielding fel magic was not a big practice in Silvermoon - draining magic out of living things, that was the main magical practice, hence their racials Mana Tap and Arcane Torrent. It's incorrect to assume that Sin'dorei make these amazing ground-breaking Warlocks, as that is basically impossible when the uptake of that practice was so small. They likely make skilled Warlocks, but they will never top races like the Orcs or Eredar.

And velfs can have a small part to play in a revamped Quel'Thalas for Horde Sin'dorei players. But they should and will lose and be removed since the land is Horde land and is land for the Sin'dorei and it's Sin'dorei fans who have been asking for a revamped Quel'Thalas. Velf fans can have their rocks and live on them.
    Also - their is nothing corrupt about the Quel'Thalas government. Lor'themar, Rommath, Liadrin and Halduron have led their people in the best possible way - possibly even more stable than most races...especially Night Elves and Dwarves.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-08-19 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    The Horde loyal Sin'dorei never gorged themselves in Fel.

The Sunfury on Outland, who later became Fel-Sin'dorei were the ones who did that.

Silvermoon Sin'dorei took to draining magic out of living beings...an Arcane Magical practice. Their eyes turned green due to the fel radiation, which Umbric and his followers had, before they unleashed the void. Wielding fel magic was not a big practice in Silvermoon - draining magic out of living things, that was the main magical practice, hence their racials Mana Tap and Arcane Torrent. It's incorrect to assume that Sin'dorei make these amazing ground-breaking Warlocks, as that is basically impossible when the uptake of that practice was so small. They likely make skilled Warlocks, but they will never top races like the Orcs or Eredar.

And velfs can have a small part to play in a revamped Quel'Thalas for Horde Sin'dorei players. But they should and will lose and be removed since the land is Horde land and is land for the Sin'dorei and it's Sin'dorei fans who have been asking for a revamped Quel'Thalas. Velf fans can have their rocks and live on them.
    Also - their is nothing corrupt about the Quel'Thalas government. Lor'themar, Rommath, Liadrin and Halduron have led their people in the best possible way - possibly even more stable than most races...especially Night Elves and Dwarves.
    Dwarves are probably the most stable race for government bodies now that the they are ruled by a council. That's one thing I genuinely lament for horde players, they get new leaders practically every expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Dwarves are probably the most stable race for government bodies now that the they are ruled by a council. That's one thing I genuinely lament for horde players, they get new leaders practically every expansion.
    They had trust issues with the Dark Irons. It might be stable now, but it wasn't always.

Whereas the Government of Quel'Thalas has always been stable and always have the best interests of the Sin'dorei at heart.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they all stab each other to death in the name of the void
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Alliance players wants high elves, however since it was decided way back in TBC to give them to Horde instead this has left a gaping hole in the Alliance players hearts.
    Void Elves are Blizzard attempting to remedy that.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Alliance players wants high elves, however since it was decided way back in TBC to give them to Horde instead this has left a gaping hole in the Alliance players hearts.
    Void Elves are Blizzard attempting to remedy that.
    Yeah, sure, giving Alliance a 2nd elf is whatever. But void elves themselves, the story, and becoming an actual playable race is just bonkers. They're so incredibly different from High Elves that it seems really strange.

They had trust issues with the Dark Irons. It might be stable now, but it wasn't always.

Whereas the Government of Quel'Thalas has always been stable and always have the best interests of the Sin'dorei at heart.
    You're forgetting about kaelthas a bit and Sylvanas betrayal of them as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    You're forgetting about kaelthas a bit and Sylvanas betrayal of them as well.
    Well, Sylvanas never ruled Quel'thalas for starters, and Kael's effective tenure was quite short lived (from the destruction of Dalaran during RoC until him going to Outland with Illidan and Vashj during TFT, with a brief, additional parenthesis during Vanilla).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Blizzard giving a version of High Elves to the Alliance players who wanted them (I guess anorexia and asshattery is popular or something?) while saying "Haha fuck you, the real ones are still our beloved Horde."

- - - Updated - - -

They had trust issues with the Dark Irons.
    Yeah, kinda what happens when that clan deals in dark arts, plays with Black Empire artifacts, starts a war on the other clans, and summons Ragnaros.

Hahahaha... oh wait, you're serious? Let me laugh even harder.

Yeah, best interests sure explains all those fel crystals and mind controlling citizens. Blood elves are just a few nudges away from being goblins in terms of individual self interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The Ren'dorei story is perfect and flawless.
    And other hilarious jokes.

See the only reason this was needed at all was because Blizzard decided that the Horde should have an elf race to attract people that do not want to be Orcs or Trolls. It never worked from a story perspective, hence why the Belfs have again and again pondered leaving the Horde in the story only for the story to have to find a reason for them to stay since the race can't be removed from the Horde due to technical limitations.

In this situation the Void Elves were a way out. Giving the few decent High Elves back to the Alliance, while the rest were made complicit in Sylvanas' madness. If the next expansion is indeed going for a Light vs. Void theme then there is a good chance the Void Elves become more important again. For now, they are what they are.

Only reason in lore why blood elves didnt go to alliance side is Tyrande being uncompromizing idiot what she wasnt in TFT. Same thing for nightborne.
    Void elves banishment was justified because they pose a threath to the whole blood elf race and they dont want another sunwell fuck up what happened with scourge.

If you shit in the pool or threathen to shit in the pool you get banned from the said pool.

Ren'dorei? More like Cringe'dorei