Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    What story ? There is a story line in wow ? I thought it died years ago... I dont even follow it anymore you'd better do the same. It makes no sense. Don't even know how it ended with Sylvananas.

If everything was in cutscenes maybe... but text only, most people just skip it

Maybe we are not talking about the same thing, I was talking about the Renown lvl ect. LFR is irrelevant for me.
    Okay you skip the story. I don't. What's your point here, exactly?

- Housing, done right, and so well that every other MMORPG with housing is jealous. it's easy to do, i legit could make it happen at blizz within a month.
    - MULTIPLE new classes
    - strange new races like ogre, centaurs, murloc, and more.
    - the return of real talent trees again, but this time with far more variety. Instead of 3 talents at end, why not 5 or 9? get to work, blizzard.
    - 6-12 new pvp maps. If COD can make new maps every year, then no reason WoW can't since it's EASIER for WoW.
    - raid exclusive gear again. Why not have legendarys that drop only off mythic bosses? Why not have bosses only show up on mythic mode? bring back exclusivity
    - make legendarys LEGENDARY again. It should take a massive undertaking, or guild collective to get a single legendary. Now, add 3 for every class like that but make them REALLY legendary again. They exist, but can YOU earn them?
    - End the seasonal wow crap. No more seasonal resets every patch. You wanna reset at the expac start? fine, but your progress should be important and carry over all expac. You need to beat tier 1 to get to tier 2, tier 2 to get to tier 3, etc etc. No more seasonal gear catch ups. You catch up the right way, or not at all
    - evil options. blizz needs to remember that about half of their playerbase WOULD play evil characters if given a chance, so give us the ability to be evil. not everyone in WoW wants to be anduin morality wise.
    - 3rd faction, maybe evil and morality based rather than selected at the start.
    - better writers. i don't think i need to expand upon this, but seriously... anyone on these forums or any forums, could do better

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Okay you skip the story. I don't. What's your point here, exactly?

We were talking about different things, my original remark was about POWER timegating (like renown, conduits,...)
    I couldn't care less about the (non) STORY gating.

I guess solo ranked battlegrounds that actually give good rewards.

And big focus on making you chat with strangers.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    - Housing, done right, and so well that every other MMORPG with housing is jealous. it's easy to do, i legit could make it happen at blizz within a month.
    - MULTIPLE new classes
    - strange new races like ogre, centaurs, murloc, and more.
    - the return of real talent trees again, but this time with far more variety. Instead of 3 talents at end, why not 5 or 9? get to work, blizzard.
    - 6-12 new pvp maps. If COD can make new maps every year, then no reason WoW can't since it's EASIER for WoW.
    - raid exclusive gear again. Why not have legendarys that drop only off mythic bosses? Why not have bosses only show up on mythic mode? bring back exclusivity
    - make legendarys LEGENDARY again. It should take a massive undertaking, or guild collective to get a single legendary. Now, add 3 for every class like that but make them REALLY legendary again. They exist, but can YOU earn them?
    - End the seasonal wow crap. No more seasonal resets every patch. You wanna reset at the expac start? fine, but your progress should be important and carry over all expac. You need to beat tier 1 to get to tier 2, tier 2 to get to tier 3, etc etc. No more seasonal gear catch ups. You catch up the right way, or not at all
    - evil options. blizz needs to remember that about half of their playerbase WOULD play evil characters if given a chance, so give us the ability to be evil. not everyone in WoW wants to be anduin morality wise.
    - 3rd faction, maybe evil and morality based rather than selected at the start.
    - better writers. i don't think i need to expand upon this, but seriously... anyone on these forums or any forums, could do better

That's the proof there is no way to make everyone happy, almost all your propositions don't appeal to me. Especially the "remove catch up gear". Do you see a lot of people doing previous patch content ? Obviously not because people prefer to play the new content to get the shiny new loot.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    What is your TOP #1 wish in terms of systems, non-lore related content or game modes for 10.0 (non gear altering or player power and stats altering borrowed power systems that is, of course, since we know how much players love those, lol)?

I'll start:

Would love to see a new game mode that allows veteran players to take new players on a tour of old raids, and other game modes such as Mage Tower from previous expansions for them to experience them at full mechanics. I think this would also be a great community building tool.

Other examples would be: Tinker class, 4th specs, talent tree reworks allowing for sub specs based on combat style...etc
    I love this game… it’s an old dog though…and like a great majority of old dogs at the ripe age of 16+ they gotta be put down. The bigger the breed the shorter the life span and Blizzard has always been the biggest dog.

I play the game for the story. I find myself to a casual player with the mentality of a more hard core player. I’ve always played horde and alliance to see the different views and stories. Completed all the covenant quests to see their stories.

But like WoW, like Saurfang, Im an old warrior who needs much rest. Im road weary… but like Saurfang I do not have it in me to walk away on my own. If there’s a war to be fought, a boss to be downed, or another kidnapped alliance prince I must play.

Let WoW die.

Wake the Nascent Titan. Being the world soul to full power and have her drain all the spirit energy from the world I which her soul inhabits and let her take on the universe.

Give me a new story, a new MMO, let it be a Starcraft MMO or a Diablo MMO.

Let the old dog rest… that is my wish.

That's the proof there is no way to make everyone happy, almost all your propositions don't appeal to me. Especially the "remove catch up gear". Do you see a lot of people doing previous patch content ? Obviously not because people prefer to play the new content to get the shiny new loot.
    With lfr and all the other cross realm systems, if you didn’t want to do old content to catch up that’s on you. Mmorpgs are not meant to be seasonal like CoD or Diablo.

It’s why WoW isn’t a real mmorpg anymore but an mmo arpg

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    i
    Because its 2005, and they havent learnt from the masses of games that everything needs to be quick ..Some of you really live in bubbles and have no clue how the game actually works.

It has been said 200 times, even by Blizzard themselves that the design is for "people that return to be able to be relevant in a matter of weeks and not months" again, its literally the game design the last 8 years, cause thats how the gaming world works, and they are correct doing it.

About the OP.

This whole faction limitations bullshit needs to end, keep it for BGs, create some sort of new "PvP" functions that anyone can join that doesnt affect the rest of the game,like Scaret vs Scourge for all i care, its just a hinder and annoying, only weird lore freaks actually care, and they are a tiny number, not even relevant to the game health.

Let the factions mix together for a healthy population everywhere, and i am Horde, i havent even seen any health population probles and i would love to be able to play whatever the hell i want.

Enough with the "MAh RPG characters", make stuff account wide, i dont wanna do <Insert weekly here> for every alt, i dont have the patience or time to play as much, i wanna spend my time online doing things i like, let me unlock it once, and then craft it or something, but no more dumb ass weekly things ON EVERY ALT, ONCE AND DONE even for 10 characters.

All the time gating for character progression, whether its conduits/passives/tier sets, needs to be back to how it was, there is no point clearing a raid and unlocking the stuff after because 5000 people will remain subbed while 50.000 unsub from all the timegating, do i have 40 hours to play this week, let me play!
    Last edited by potis; 2021-08-23 at 12:17 PM.

Player Housing
    Dark Ranger class & Sylvanas the lead of this class

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you see a lot of people doing previous patch content? Obviously not because people prefer to play the new content to get the shiny new loot.
    Obviously not, because there is no reason to do it - old loot is obsoleted by design at every tier now. Funny how you don't see something this trivial.

Back in vanilla/BC (and to some extent LK) people were doing past tiers because some items remained useful for several tiers. Partly due to itemization, partly due to low amount of loot.

2. Get rid of the PTR, and then hire a group of internal testers to seriously play test the content at all levels. From uber casuals to the most dedicated of players that will min-max ALL the fun out of everything.
    Surprised by this. What exactly is your gripe with the PTR? The PTR testing really only matters to a TINY TINY TINY percentage of the playerbase, who are also people who'd do everything to the max in any event. Their collective wisdom could never just be substituted for by a few hires. For 99.9999% of players the PTR existing doesn't really change anything per se, they don't follow PTR progress they don't test themselves, they just end up getting better-tuned stuff. Pretty much a win-win.

5. If content is going to be seasonal, make it seasonal. Either it is or it isn't, but none of this in-between stuff. Don't create a wow season and then space the content out over 8-10 weeks of time-gating. If people want to bum rush the content in a day or a week, LET THEM. Let people be the arbiters of their own demise, or not. See if it works out.
    The past has shown that this is a terrible idea. Peer pressure exists, as do expectations. If everyone walks on foot that's fine, but if some people suddenly have cars then sooner or later your boss will demand you commute in 10 minutes instead of 1 hour, whether you personally prefer walking or not. Time gating is fine, if it's done right; a lot of the recent ones HAVE been done right, but there were also some that were just silly.

7. If you develop something you think is fun, then let it be that. Don't tie any form of power progression to it. Throw some cosmetic items and toys in there and call it a day. And then UPDATE IT WITH NEW THINGS REGULARLY.
    Agree 100%, and it's baffling to me why they don't go more all-in on cosmetic shit. People have proven they'll farm the bajeezus out of mount drops or whatever other sparkly gewgaw they can slap on their character - so why not cater to that. Can't be that hard, a lot of the stuff is already on NPCs etc. I could probably repurpose twelve dozen existing assets for extra cosmetic dingleberries and I'm not even good at that sort of thing. Same with xmogs - apparently if you let someone xmog a fish offhand or have a warrior running around in a priest robe, the entire game would collapse. Or something. Makes zero sense that they allow the most ridiculous poodle-poof bullshittery, but you start demanding your dagger be an axe that's suddenly out of line. The fuck, Blizz.

I don't think they should add a new class, that can barely balance the ones they have. Throw another one in and it all goes to hell. It will bounce around from OP to useless and then maybe find middle ground 2 xpacs after. I got 2 things..

-Overhaul the existing classes. If things are working well, tweak it to have a little more class/spec identity. Unique animations, more focus on class armors, etc...

-I personally LOVED the weapon system in Legion. Not the grinding aspect, but the fact that we had this weapon that was our own and it made you feel like you were investing in it. I saw bring that system back somehow and keep it for multiple xpacs even. Don't have it be something like Ashbringer, have it be something new that has a questline in which you build the weapon, and you make it your own.

Dungeons and raid can drop parts or upgrades that make it better or give it interesting passives.

Like, 4 slots, max damage, stats, abilities and appearance modifier.

Make it so you can swap these out (maybe with a small cost) as you do different game modes (world, dungeon, raid, pvp). It grows with you and you feel connected to it.

For those who like weapon drops because of appearances, sprinkle those around in all activities instead of different weapon drops. Theme them to the places they drop from. Got a dungeon set in a cave with Ogres? Have an item that grants a 2 hand sword this hulking sharpened stone appearance.

You can do mage tower stuff, hidden quests, unique appearances for Mythic raids, hide some in old instances. It's really just like "normal" weapon drops except you aren't getting a whole new item, just bumping the stats of your current one, but it makes you feel a little more connected to your character and gives you a sense of accomplishment and investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Back in vanilla/BC (and to some extent LK) people were doing past tiers because some items remained useful for several tiers. Partly due to itemization, partly due to low amount of loot.
    Yes, and guilds that weren't "cutting edge" kept losing their best geared/most progressed players to more progressed guilds = perpetuating a system of "gate-keeping" not based on skill, but time.

Yes, and players that jumped in to the game were unable to do the current content because they didn't have gear from previous tiers. Again a system of "gate-keeping" not based on your skill, but when you started to play.

Blizzard probably did calculate that they lost more customers from this "previous tiers are useful/mandatory-system" than they would/are losing from this constant resetting of gear.

3+ Year Old Account
    1. No more borrowed powers
    2. No more forced macrosystems no one likes (Torghast, the Maw, azerite, etc)
    3. Back to Azeroth

Those are my 3 conditions to even consider coming back to Retail. (I know, it won't happen).

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Surprised by this. What exactly is your gripe with the PTR? The PTR testing really only matters to a TINY TINY TINY percentage of the playerbase, who are also people who'd do everything to the max in any event. Their collective wisdom could never just be substituted for by a few hires. For 99.9999% of players the PTR existing doesn't really change anything per se, they don't follow PTR progress they don't test themselves, they just end up getting better-tuned stuff. Pretty much a win-win.
    This is wrong, the whole data-mining that happens on every game in the world, is really damaging to their longevity.

People got accustomed to "Go to external side-->Find Guide-->Follow it", without actually having the game experience and knowledge to do it correctly, but generally it helps them skip a ton of things or "discoveries".

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    This is wrong, the whole data-mining that happens on every game in the world, is really damaging to their longevity.

People got accustomed to "Go to external side-->Find Guide-->Follow it", without actually having the game experience and knowledge to do it correctly, but generally it helps them skip a ton of things or "discoveries".
    And you think the PTR is why that is the case?

It's not. This would happen without the PTR, too.

Total rework of EK/K. Smack us back to level 1. Make the journey to max level be longer and bigger. Give us ALOT more quests, story, lore++ about big and small stuff going on in each zones. Expand on raids/dungeons.

Not everything has to be about end of the world/universe.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    And you think the PTR is why that is the case?

It's not. This would happen without the PTR, too.
    Probably, but PTR does exacerbate the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The unfortunate reality is that no paid testers will ever be as sweaty as the top 5 world guilds who test everything, so PTR and spoilers is just unavoidable.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    The unfortunate reality is that no paid testers will ever be as sweaty as the top 5 world guilds who test everything, so PTR and spoilers is just unavoidable.
    Counterpoint - the game shouldn't be tuned to the proclivities of the top five "sweatiest" guilds.