Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

What are ACCEPTABLE cash shop items?

There are those who enjoy the cash shop, and then there are those who don't.

If we were to break it down into what is acceptable and what isn't in a cash shop, what would be acceptable to you to be in a cash shop?

For me the list would be:

• The current mounts, pets, toys
    • Transmog options
    • Character Services
    • Single level boosts (think 5-10$ each)
    • Early access flying (think 20-30$ per character to unlock it before the patch its released in)

I would absolutely not want ANY power upgrades to be sold in the cash shop. None. If they were to introduce direct power upgrades (ie, selling raid gear or the like) I would unsub immediately.

Early flying sounds to me like the absolute worst option. It's only the tiniest step above buying progress for how effective it is in the game. Might as well have the option to buy a full set of Heroic armor since you would get to that point anyways in a later patch.

What we have now is pretty good all things considered, it's mostly cosmetics and a few character services. The level boost is only there because Blizzard decided to add it to new purchases of expansions for the purposes of letting players get straight to said content immediately.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

one off mounts like currently done
    mounts/toys/etc of old expacs (still drop in-game as well)
    Character services
    level boost after you max one toon
    other cosmetic items

long as its not ilvl / power boosting idc
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post

If we were to break it down into what is acceptable and what isn't in a cash shop, what would be acceptable to you to be in a cash shop?

• Transmog options
    • Character Services
    • Early access flying (think 20-30$ per character to unlock it before the patch its released in)

I would absolutely not want ANY power upgrades to be sold in the cash shop. None. If they were to introduce direct power upgrades (ie, selling raid gear or the like) I would unsub immediately.
    - Mounts, pets, toys, transmigs WITHOUT additional / uncommon functionality (think AH-brutosaur)
    - Deprecated / removed cosmetic content from i.e. 1 expansion ago. It's a nonsensical waste to remove models.
    - Perhaps add in those skillless-yet-with-impossible-drop-chance goodies as well; no reason to force people to waste their time.
    - Character services, but with added costs if you make the server imbalance worse and reduced costs if you make it better.
    - No character boosts, neither levelling nor flying, also no gold buying. This just encourages Blizzard to suck at balancing these things in game, also they are direct power upgrades as BoP items and boosts are a thing.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Early flying sounds to me like the absolute worst option. It's only the tiniest step above buying progress for how effective it is in the game. Might as well have the option to buy a full set of Heroic armor since you would get to that point anyways in a later patch.

What we have now is pretty good all things considered, it's mostly cosmetics and a few character services. The level boost is only there because Blizzard decided to add it to new purchases of expansions for the purposes of letting players get straight to said content immediately.
    It's basically just a thinly veiled thread demanding early flying under the guise of a cash shop survey. I mean they literally added nothing new other than making the level boost single levels(way worse except I think they're saying current expansion levels too which...no). The thread title should literally just be "Add flying to the cash shop to get it early". These people just do not give up.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they should add to the categories they already have. Mounts are fine, there are heaps of unique ones in the game to collect - before anyone comes at me, yes there fucking are: hands, bees, frogs, infernals etc. Pets usually arrive on the shop along with a charity thing - either you buy the pet and a portion goes to charity or you donate to charity and we get pets for free, like the recent DWB charity drive. Toys and Transmog are also fine because, just like mounts, there are plenty of cool and amazing toys you can get in game

Cosmetic stuff only.

COSMETIC ONLY. if anything else is there, then it's scummy already. even then, i don't like the idea of cash shops in games that already charge money to play it. just make a good game and people will pay to play it. it's freaking simple. no need to cause hate and controversy just for a quick buck. it's better to have a constant stream of cash than one big sprint of it.

About the only thing in the shop I take issue with is the Token, simply because it's abusable. None of the other items or services affect gameplay in any meaningful way so it's a case of "meh, whatever" for me.

Everything that's currently on it and any future vanity items.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post

• Transmog options
    • Character Services

Everything, that isn't P2W or PNTP (pay not to play). Problem is - in MMOs P2W is wider term, than it's considered to be. Many players treat P2W as competitive thing only. If $$$ don't help in high level competitive content - it's not P2W. But do you understand, that "win" means? Overall it's reaching some desired ingame goal. And goals are much wider, than just getting Gladiator or WF in PVE race. Some players collect mounts. Some collect pets. Some collect transmogs. And if paid option would be better, than ingame one - for them it would be P2W. That's it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

You should ask: what kind of game would be acceptable with cash shops items?
    WoW as p2p is certainly not in that group.
    LoL, DOTA, PoE (or any similar non p2w game) are fine.

Cosmetics are fine.

Extra slots, maybe...

Direct power gains, such as equipment, absolutely not. I avoid such games like the plague they are.

None in a B2P+sub based game+paid services? Why would anyone here want??? You literally get a worse game by wanting a shop, i fail to see a single benefit for it for us consumers.
    Lvl boosts? Gee maybe fix the game so the earlier levels are not just a shitty wall you need to hop over to reach the ''fun'' part.
    Cosmetics? Yeah i bet it feels real good to swipe that credit card for them as opposed to playing the game and earning them within it.
    Tokens? Maybe fix the botting problem/economy so normal human beings can earn gold at a reasonable pace themselves.
    In a F2P game cosmetics are fine, and other similar non-power related things since they need to make money somehow but not in a f***ing B2P+sub based game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    Level 60 boosts.
    Please leave

5+ Year Old Account
    Having a shop in a game that is already B2P plus monthly fee is sketchy enough, but it wouldn't be too bad if the only stuff on sale were mounts/pets/xmogs. Character services should really be free (maybe with a hefty cooldown to reduce the chances for the system to be abused) and the token is dangerously close to P2W in the current state of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Early flying would be a near mandatory purchase for anyone actively playing the game, so naturally its a terrible idea.

My honest opinion? NO CASH SHOP WHATSOEVER would be my choice. But since the topic's question predicates on the existence of a cash shop, I'd say the only acceptable cash shop items would be cosmetic...

... WITH A FEW CAVEATS:
    • No transmog armor/weapon sets.
    • No race customization options. (New hair styles/colors, faces, skin colors, etc).
    • No class customization options. (Quivers, librams, different looks for pets/abilities, etc).

All of the above should be fully available in-game at no rea-life money cost.