15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I question the point and the need for such reports/news/posts.
    Nothing increases antiwar sentiments more than showing people the horror of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    I would like a world where our (US) media covered the civilian casualties we routinely inflict with the same fervor they are covering this. Maybe we could like, I don't know, figure out that blowing up civilians is bad.
    They sorta do: Remember the strike during the US withdrawal from Afghanistan that killed children and aide workers. It was covered extensively and was very, very negative for the Biden administration.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Nothing increases antiwar sentiments more than showing people the horror of war.
    And also to have something to show these fucktards who claim Russian attack is justified or that war is cool because they played too much CoD.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Looks like Elon delivered the promised Starlink kits to Ukraine in ~2 days. That man is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye, dude. Your questions are really getting weird and childish lately.
    It's starting to give me weird YUPPIE vibes. Just sayin...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiregenesis View Post
    One random question

If Putin declared war on every country of nato but decided to not use nukes at all, does he have enough army to attack all of them? well not necessarily infantry, but what about ships/aircraft?

Those of us who live in southern Europe, would we be in danger to be attacked?

Ok, this sounds crazy of course but never say never, I start to worry that black days are ahead. I also feel that Nato will intervene before Ukraine falls, I believe they make preparations to do such thing by bringing more army on the eastern front. They just buy time right now until everything is in place. I have been thinking to relocate to a safer place. I would never imagine a month ago that I would make such thoughts because of a possible WW3.

Do you guys worry at all?
    He's struggling to beat Ukraine, whom he probably had expected to surrender by now if not just completely roll over on day one.

If anything, the Russian military would look more likely right now to simply evaporate in the event of war with NATO. NATOs member nations aren't broke like Russia is.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They sorta do: Remember the strike during the US withdrawal from Afghanistan that killed children and aide workers. It was covered extensively and was very, very negative for the Biden administration.
    Nothing in our 20 year drone war that has blown up schools/hospitals/weddings has been covered anywhere near with this fervor, you must know that. It doesn't get clicks or have a nice clean narrative like a war of aggression.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing in our 20 year drone war that has blown up schools/hospitals/weddings has been covered anywhere near with this fervor, you must know that. It doesn't get clicks or have a nice clean narrative like a war of aggression.
    True, but what does it have to do with this thread? Open some "double standards in war coverage" thread and duke it out there.

https://thehill.com/policy/internati...age-activities

“The U.S. has informed the Russian Mission that we are beginning the process of expelling 12 intelligence operatives from the Russian Mission who have abused their privileges of residency in the U.S. by engaging in espionage activities that are adverse to our national security,” said Olivia Dalton, spokeswoman for the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations.
    US kicking out a dozen Russian UN spies from the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think anyone has reminded Putin about Russian history of what happens to oppressive rulers who, well, oppress the citizenry?
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

LOL. Monaco has followed CH/EU and implementing "almost identical sanctions" to those taken by most EU states.

What a bad day for the oligarchs. All their hidden and squirreled away money, poor things

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Think anyone has reminded Putin about Russian history of what happens to oppressive rulers who, well, oppress the citizenry?
    Eh, communism era leaders didn't face any repercussions, unless rekt by their competition in the party. And Putler is from that era. He is pretty safe, unless his surrounding decides he is going overboard.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    You don't want to go down that hole, because they overwhelmingly lived a nice long life and died of old age in positions of power or honorable retirement.

Russian history is quite a tad longer than few edge cases. It was always authoritarian rule one way or another for a good almost thousand of years - just changed names and slogans here and there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, communism era leaders didn't face any repercussions, unless rekt by their competition in the party. Ant Putler is from that era. He is pretty safe unless his surrounding decides he is going overboard.
    Putin is more akin to the Tzar at this point given how much authority he has consolidated under himself IMO.

With this mess he has created he's screwed either way.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2022-02-28 at 09:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiregenesis View Post
    One random question

If Putin declared war on every country of nato but decided to not use nukes at all, does he have enough army to attack all of them? well not necessarily infantry, but what about ships/aircraft?
    No.

/10char

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snebb View Post
    LOL. Monaco has followed CH/EU and implementing "almost identical sanctions" to those taken by most EU states.

What a bad day for the oligarchs. All their hidden and squirreled away money, poor things
    I think people here underestimate the lengths said oligarchs go for to hide their wealth.

It's like that BBC piece where the point was raised that sanctioning Putin's assets biggest trouble is finding said assets to begin with.

His pals follow the suit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    No.
    And this list just got a tad smaller on Russia part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think people here underestimate the lengths said oligarchs go for to hide their wealth.

It's like that BBC piece where the point was raised that sanctioning Putin's assets biggest trouble is finding said assets to begin with.

His pals follow the suit.
    It's going to make it a massive headache for them to access it, however, and the utter collapse of the Russian economy is going to make earning more money for them harder.

- - - Updated - - -

And it's not factoring in the fact that Russia is teetering on the brink of bankruptcy right now due to the damage sanctions have caused to their economy.

I would like a world where our (US) media covered the civilian casualties we routinely inflict with the same fervor they are covering this. Maybe we could like, I don't know, figure out that blowing up civilians is bad.
    Two different wars.. although US have very strict rules of engagement, the nature of civil casualties was due to high insurgency and how aggressively terrorists were manipulating civilian populous for their own gain. This is not absolute statement.
    Last edited by neik; 2022-02-28 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And will likely be larger on the NATO side ere long.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils