Poll: Do you think Thrall will keep his promise to Tyrande Whisperwind regarding Sylvanas?»

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Question Do you think Thrall will keep his promise to Tyrande Whisperwind regarding Sylvanas?

In the Shadows Rising novel, these were the last things Tyrande and Thrall said to each other at Nordrassil, atop Mount Hyjal, during their brief and very tense meeting:

Tyrande uncrossed her legs and sat back on the bench, shaking off her husband's hand with a tight grimace.

And then, all at once, she cared very much to speak.

“When you have washed the bodies of a thousand kaldorei burned and broken, when you have fallen to your knees and kissed the feet of a thousand mourning souls, when you look into their eyes and tell them ‘our Horde has changed’ and they believe you, only then will I accept your apology and treat you as my equal.” Tyrande’s voice, edged as steel, pulled the air out of the clearing. “My brethren here may be willing to entertain your empty pledges of justice and aid, but I know better. I have learned better.”

Then she stood, and Thrall worried that the moon might truly fall from the heavens and crush them at Tyrande's command. Her eyes, though black, somehow glowed, Elune's fury blazing colder and brighter along her skin with each word. The glade itself grew gray and almost dead, as if by her will she had sapped the life out of everything around them, withering the trees and obliterating the flowers and grass to dust.

"How many orphans did your Horde create that day?" Tyrande sliced the flat of her hand diagonally across her body. "Those children will grow, they will wake each morning tasting ash, and one day they will come for you. Oh, they will come for you, and they will make you taste that same ash, and then you will know their justice." She sat down again, as if winded. Light returned to the clearing, and the plants around them were green and vibrant once more.

"Quickly," Yukha muttered, trying to gather them. "We must go. This was a mistake; I should not have brought you here."

Baine and Calia allowed Yukha to corral them back toward the path of glittering solid water. Thrall remained, only taking slow, careful steps, never showing Tyrande his back. For his trouble, Tyrande directed her final words to him and only him.

"You will find that justice less sweet than the sorry excuse for punishment you faced, and when this justice comes, there will be no armistice to save you."

Thrall felt Yukha grab him by the arm and yank. But he did not agree with the shaman's assessment; it was important and right that they had come. Thrall had thought he knew what Tyrande wanted, that was owed was his remorse, but now he realized his error.

He easily shook off Yukha's hand and pressed his fist to his chest to prove his sincerity.

"I will bring you what is owed, then. I will not bring words or promises, I will bring you the head of Sylvanas Windrunner."

The faintest trace of a smile appeared on Tyrande Whisperwind's face. "Do it, then, or never seek to speak with me again."
    But now that the story is coming to a close, now that Sylvanas is healed and "on our side", and Tyrande is no longer (that) angry and has chosen "renewal" over "vengeance", will Thrall fulfill his honor-bound pledge to Tyrande, or does this mean that his promise will essentially be forgotten and never mentioned again?
    Last edited by OwenBurton; 2021-12-15 at 05:37 AM.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Anduin's ass polyps that now make up the entirety of the main cast are not going to punish the Jesus Sylvanas for the sins of the Banshee Queen even with her martyr complex in mind. And Tyrande has now been lobotomized by Blizzard's latest bit of fortune cookie wisdom they're pushing as a deep philosophical breakthrough that will revolutionize how we think about reality as a whole, i.e. "revenge bad", under any and all circumstances and context. So she won't want her head anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

It would be a rather delicious twist to have Thrall, who's normally a pacifist, be the one to end Sylvanas for her crimes. But no, I don't ever see that happening.

It will end up being some tired story about how Tyrande should realize Sylvanas changed and she's the warmonger now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably forgotten completely otherwise if brought up again Thrall will state he was speaking Metaphorically or they'll make some profound statement that Uther 'brought her head' by encouraging Sylvanas' 'good side' to 'come to terms' in that one cinematic and quashed the 'bad side' that can be written off as being responsible for everything until now as it was technically 'beheaded' while the 'good side' makes 'amends'.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    But now that the story is coming to a close, now that Sylvanas is healed and "on our side", and Tyrande is no longer (that) angry and has chosen "renewal" over "vengeance", will Thrall fulfill his honor-bound pledge to Tyrande, or does this mean that his promise will essentially be forgotten and never mentioned again?
    The second one.

7+ Year Old Account
    How many orphans did the night elves and the alliance made in all those years before Bfa too? this writing is pathetic, everyone have reasons to attack the other side and thats why the circle will never break.

The writing, like many tidbits of lore are pointless, thrall will not deliver sylvanas head, because Sylvanas is the main hero of this expansion and will be redeemed/ascend to a new high.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    It would be a rather delicious twist to have Thrall, who's normally a pacifist, be the one to end Sylvanas for her crimes. But no, I don't ever see that happening.

It will end up being some tired story about how Tyrande should realize Sylvanas changed and she's the warmonger now.
    Even if he tried, Anduin would step in the way like his father did at the end of SoO and say something along the lines of "Her punishment is not for you alone to decide. She must stand trial in Panda-... Oribos."
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

to be fair he could delivery her head with her body still attached. let the night elves hold a trial and decide if soulvanas should be forgiven or locked up for say ten thousand years or so. not that it'll happen

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Even if he tried, Anduin would step in the way like his father did at the end of SoO and say something along the lines of "Her punishment is not for you alone to decide. She must stand trial in Panda-... Oribos."
    Well if it leads to Ranger General Sylvanas escaping and going back in time to stop Arthas from destroying Quel'thalas thus erasing the Jailer nonsense, I am not really opposed.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    not a snow ball's chance in hell, they don't have the balls to go through all this work and then kill her.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Naaa, Tyrande is already on the RENEVAL IS EVERYTHING flower power trip, so she will not insist on her BBF Sylvie being killed off. She is so relaxed and chilled now, I'm pretty sure the two are going to have a sleep over together soon with tons of marshmallows roasting over the burning embers of Teldrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Naaa, Tyrande is already on the RENEVAL IS EVERYTHING flower power trip, so she will not insist on her BBF Sylvie being killed off. She is so relaxed and chilled now, I'm pretty sure the two are going to have a sleep over together soon with tons of marshmallows roasting over the burning embers of Teldrassil.
    Yep, because "victims should not seek justice" has been Blizzard's message to the Alliance since WC3.

Imagine expecting a Horde promise to have any weight whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

15+ Year Old Account
    the 'war' in world of warcraft has been neutered out, and blizz left us with the remains: every noteworthy character reduced to disney princesses with less spine than a sea slug. Not a chance in hell that blizz would let their favorite waifu get harmed, let alone some actual 'warcraft' justice like Thrall beheading her at the shore of darkshore, with the entire kaldorei present to witness it.

It's really sad to see how full-on didneytarded blizz has become, pandering to the softest and wimpy groups imaginable. If you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Yep, because "victims should not seek justice" has been Blizzard's message to the Alliance since WC3.

Imagine expecting a Horde promise to have any weight whatsoever.
    A Horde promise would mean much more, if the Horde warchiefs wouldn't be constantly villainbatted by retarded blizz writing.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    A Horde promise would mean much more, if the Horde warchiefs wouldn't be constantly villainbatted by retarded blizz writing.
    I invite you to consider the amount of Horde fans who proclaim that Garrosh and Sylvie did nothing wrong and should come back and finish off the Alliance. The villain bat is giving those fans what they want, then chickening out.
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I find the thought of Thrall, with no Shaman powers trying to take down a maximum Jailer pump up Sylvanas rather amusing. (The context under which he made the promise fyi)

The devs already said that Sylvanas is going to meet Tyrande before this is all over, which makes Thrall doing anything pretty mute and unlikely. (The whole idea of factions appeasing each other is something i just find incredibly stupid and tedious knowing they will be back at it again in 2 expansions tops, if the game lives that long...)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    I invite you to consider the amount of Horde fans who proclaim that Garrosh and Sylvie did nothing wrong and should come back and finish off the Alliance. The villain bat is giving those fans what they want, then chickening out.
    Man, not only is that a weak argument, it's a gross generalization of the horde players/fans. Garrosh and sylvanes do not typify what is considered a realy warchief, and imo never had any rightful claim to that position. Garrosh's appointment by Thrall is fully regarded as a failure in thrall's judgement of character, and sylvanus would never have been considered if Vol'jin wasn't manipulated. Any garrosh and/or sylvanus fans can speak for themselves, but both characters were utterly shit after blizz decided they should go evil.

I'm not going to defend any of their actions or the consequences, but the blame here lies in blizz's writing being entirely incompetent. Not being able to make a decent warchief after Thrall sucks ass for just about everyone who plays horde. At least alliance got Varian for a good while, though I don't envy the anduin bootlicker club that's been going on.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Man, not only is that a weak argument, it's a gross generalization of the horde players/fans.
    At this very moment, not far from this topic is another titled "Sylvanas should be back as Warchief. Although Garrosh is the best candidate." Yeah.

That sentiment is way more widespread than you're giving credit. The incompetence is Blizzard completely failing to define the Horde and stick to it, in efforts to pander to both the Evil Horde fans and the WC3 Thrall fans.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, not only is that a weak argument, it's a gross generalization of the horde players/fans.
    He does that a lot, but he does not like the generalization of majority of alliance wanting to be the good guys who don't attack the horde

his "proof" is the threat about sylvanas coming back, clearly a joke about it, and thinking its actually serious and not ironical thread.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    there should be a trial, at which she will almost certainly be found guilty, and then probably won't be killed but should be held in a Stormwind dungeon for the rest of her life

Oh no, here's Syegfryed, with his "Garrosh did nothing wrong" signature banner to prove me incorrect about stating there are fans who insist Garrosh did nothing wrong.

A forum search will easily turn up plenty of material from multiple posters besides that thread about Garrosh and Sylvie being right, and how the Horde is only the Horde when it's committing atrocities against the Alliance.

Back on topic, there's no way in hell Thrall keeps his promise. Sylvie is a narrative black hole that has effectively led to the biggest amount of lore destruction in the franchise's history, all because the lead writer is an obsessed fanboy.