We need explicit flying/no flying mount flags

Why can't we at least comment Community Council posts? This problem affects me too. My situation: I have only one favorite ground mount and large collection of favorite flying mounts. I don't want my flying mounts to be summoned in no flying locations - only my ground mount. But some locations and some mounts are bugged and Blizzard don't want to fix this problems. Other players may want to use some ground mounts as flying ones - it's their desire. But I don't. So may be it's time to let players decide it by themselves?

Deathwing mount is cool, but it has had bugged "ground mount" flag since it was added to game, so I had to exclude it from favorites, because it's summoned in no flying locations. Some zones seem to be flying zones, with flying artificially disabled. I.e. some no flying scenario phases in flying zones. Flying mounts are summoned there, while flying is disabled. May be it's time to fix this problems? May be each mount should have explicit "flying" and "no flying" flags, player can change as he desire?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just offer 3 slots, where u can drag and drop ground, flying and swimming mount. U can drag 1 mount in all 3 slots if u want.

Easier solution would be;
    Just rightclick a mount and make a [x] for what this mount can be used for like ; ground [ ] flying [x] swimming [ ]
    If the mount cant fly, flying should be grey or no option.

I dont care that much but I also thought about this from time 2 time.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Deathwing mount is cool, but it has had bugged "ground mount" flag since it was added to game, so I had to exclude it from favorites, because it's summoned in no flying locations. Some zones seem to be flying zones, with flying artificially disabled.
    Your second part is why your Deathwing mount acts that way. Many of the zones have the flying toggle turned on when you can't actually fly there. So this causes flying mounts to think they should be summoned since according to the zone they are usable. They either need to A) fix all the zone flags or B) just make it so you can fly in every zone (my preferred method)

Quote Originally Posted by yango View Post
    Easier solution would be;
    Just rightclick a mount and make a [x] for what this mount can be used for like ; ground [ ] flying [x] swimming [ ]
    If the mount cant fly, flying should be grey or no option.

I dont care that much but I also thought about this from time 2 time.
    You can do this with a macro already with maybe the exception of swimming. I know there's one for ground / flying mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Your second part is why your Deathwing mount acts that way. Many of the zones have the flying toggle turned on when you can't actually fly there. So this causes flying mounts to think they should be summoned since according to the zone they are usable. They either need to A) fix all the zone flags or B) just make it so you can fly in every zone (my preferred method)
    No, Deathwing mount is only mount, that does it. Flying mounts aren't summoned in purely no flying locations. Temporary no flying restrictions aren't that big deal, as such scenarios are rare and don't last long (except may be SL, when they're way too overused).

P.S. I also want flying to be simply allowed in all locations. Then I'll just remove my only ground mount from favorite list. Or leave it just for rare instance cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You can do this with a macro already with maybe the exception of swimming. I know there's one for ground / flying mounts.
    I had macro in the past till exact moment, when my favorite mount list exceeded macro length. I would prefer "Favorite for ground/flying" or just "flying/no flying" flag for every mount.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-01-14 at 07:21 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Yeah I agree. It's bloody annoying.

I can confirm it. 17lvl character, can't fly, sits in Garrison. Deathwing mount is summoned, when in favorites. So it's still bugged.

I legit "waste" a keybind for my flying mount (G for mount Shift G for flying) since it's heresy in my eyes to use obvious flying mounts in no fly areas.

Sure it does force me to find both a ground based and flying mount that fits my transmogs and racial theme but worth!

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post

I had macro in the past till exact moment, when my favorite mount list exceeded macro length. I would prefer "Favorite for ground/flying" or just "flying/no flying" flag for every mount.
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/litemount

There's an addon for that.