Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So I think scaling got borked again...

So I hopped on to level up my rogue, which was lev 53 or so and popped him over to BC to do those dungeons. Head out to Outland to do quests while I wait on the LFG. I'm at about 12k HP and the pig I was targeting was ...at 12k. I said whatever and fought said pig...and he was dunking on me for 600-800 damage hits. Was very confused by this so I hit vanish and the dungeon popped. Get into a wod Dungeon (moon whatever burials grounds) and the trash was all hitting vastly outside what was remotely survivable. We get to the first boss and shes sitting at Mythic level health and slapped the tank for a 3rd of his HP on the first swing.

I haven't found out what is causing this bug nor any other posts about it. Has anyone else come across borked scaling?
    Last edited by thediceman; 2022-11-16 at 06:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Encountered this as well. Leveling a Death Knight, I just hopped into a Shadowlands dungeon. All the mobs were at level 60, all my attacks were missing and doing little damage. I was getting absolutely wrecked. The level 21 Druid Tank however, was basically soloing everything, doing a bunch of damage. Out questing in Revendreth and all the mobs have about the same HP as me and damage output from me is pretty poor. Definitely think the scaling is weird right now.

I think the worst part is there's no blue posts or even topics anywhere else pointing at a solution to the issue. Seems everyone is too happy with their new Dargons to realize a solid 50% of the game is completely borked.

Dunno. I don't have such problems. I leveled Rogue to 50 prior to 2nd prepatch. Yeah, ilvl values changed. Doubled, I guess. But it has happened with my gear too, so no problems. Yeah, Rogue is weak by itself, because it takes time for him to kill mobs and he has problems with fat quest mobs, while Warlock one-shots everything via single Chaos Bolt and also has tanking pet and lots of DMG soaking shields. But Wow has had this problem for it's whole life time. That's why Rogue is one of the least classes in my favorite class list.

Only problems - problems with lack of 60lvl heirlooms. I just don't want to throw lots of gold on something, that should be available by default. I made this mistake back in Legion times and wasted around 200k gold, as I remember. Leveling is quick. Gear starts to fall behind pretty quickly. And content starts to be overtuned, unless you have heirlooms. This isn't fun. This is terrible design. Ok. Blizzard can expect me to buy heirlooms, if I want fun leveling. But what about new players, who don't have heirlooms yet? What would their first experience feel like? M? Unplayable game?

It wasn't problem back in old times, because leveling was starting to be slower around WotLK-Cata, so heirlooms weren't needed after that. And they're required now.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-11-16 at 06:17 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Noticing the same in BFA areas. BFA mobs have too high hp. It was easier to kill them in then than it is now, 10 lvls higher and with better EQ... I hate this scaling down bs.

I guess, whole idea behind current reward scaling - to allow players to jump straight to new content. I don't remember exact numbers, but I guess they were around 50-60 at level 50. Now they're around 120 at level 50 and 160 around level 60. My current item level at level 60 is 144. Mobs started to be a little bit hard, but still doable. I guess, it's bearable for just 16 levels (I have 44lvl heirlooms), because leveling is pretty quick now. P.S. I level through Draenor.

Only problem: some fat mobs are overtuned for weak classes like Rogue. I thought, that I wouldn't have any problems, when I would reach 50lvl and Leaching Poison in talents. It was great back in Legion times. But when I got it, I realized, that it was healing me for...0.5% of HP per hit??? WUT? Such healing is non existent. This is whole reason, why I hate current Blizzard. They neft classes more and more with every subsequent xpack.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-11-16 at 06:42 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Seems like this happens every single expac, scaling gets broken in one or more places.

Small indie company.

There is definitely some shit broken. I set chromie time to cataclysm on my 52 DH and all the gear dropping in dungeons was around item level 50-55. My current gear is 120+.

May be I didn't have problems, because I had been thrown out of Chromie Time at 50 prior to 2nd pre-patch and reentered it after that? May be you should try to reenter Chromie Time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachturnal View Post
    Encountered this as well. Leveling a Death Knight, I just hopped into a Shadowlands dungeon. All the mobs were at level 60, all my attacks were missing and doing little damage. I was getting absolutely wrecked. The level 21 Druid Tank however, was basically soloing everything, doing a bunch of damage. Out questing in Revendreth and all the mobs have about the same HP as me and damage output from me is pretty poor. Definitely think the scaling is weird right now.
    If you were levelling in shadowlands pre-patch, then you need to enter Chromie time to keep doing it. It will not automatically scale you, i realized this when i was having the same problem on my mage. That said, even with Chromie time, is anyone else finding the dungeons (specifically Shadowlands) to be very over scaled? I have had 3 or 4 groups now disband because even a single pack is taking forever to kill or wiping us incredibly quick.

pre patch, my demon hunter was lovely. post patch - she is dying like crazy and I can't even figure out from what half the time? its VERY frustrating TBH.

you mean... I have to do chromie time just not to be wet tissue paper? that... nice... >_>

edited. did chromie time. still wet tissue paper with 2k more health. but now all the dailies you can do prior to lvl 60 - gone.

sigh. this patch just keeps getting better and better.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2022-11-17 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thediceman View Post
    So I hopped on to level up my rogue, which was lev 53 or so and popped him over to BC to do those dungeons. Head out to Outland to do quests while I wait on the LFG. I'm at about 12k HP and the pig I was targeting was ...at 12k. I said whatever and fought said pig...and he was dunking on me for 600-800 damage hits. Was very confused by this so I hit vanish and the dungeon popped. Get into a wod Dungeon (moon whatever burials grounds) and the trash was all hitting vastly outside what was remotely survivable. We get to the first boss and shes sitting at Mythic level health and slapped the tank for a 3rd of his HP on the first swing.

I haven't found out what is causing this bug nor any other posts about it. Has anyone else come across borked scaling?
    Scaling, no. But have noticed some mobs were hitting harder than before while taking less damage as well. Also noticed some weird bugs. There was one quest zone where some mobs does not count towards the meter bar even though the quest was basically kill everything there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Scaling, no. But have noticed some mobs were hitting harder than before while taking less damage as well. Also noticed some weird bugs. There was one quest zone where some mobs does not count towards the meter bar even though the quest was basically kill everything there.
    I noticed if you...how do i say, double jumped to a different expansion with Chromie is wasn't as bad. Seems things at lev 50 were scaled as if you had ilev 100-ish gear. I was getting my shit kicked in like I was wearing grey gear and it was classic wow, but after I hit 130 ilev of so it stabilized a bit. That said, plenty of people are still having issues in 5 mans. Bosses with far more HP than they should have, debuffs hitting like an absolute truck for no reason and my personal favorite; gear dropping with super low ilev.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon, but the fact it was entirely missed tells me someone half assed reports somewhere.(either that and they are Pulling Bethesda and WE are the beta testers now...)

Started leveling my level 50 warlock using BC Chromie time. Queued for a random dungeon and Slave Pens popped up and the healer, level 10 mistweaver monk, rolls away from the group and starts using Spinning Crane Kick and just keeps using it and roll for the rest of the dungeon. Solos the bosses in under 5 seconds each and at the end has done 51k dps lol. The rest of the group did no dps... So yeah, kinda broken..

seems like there is 0 blue trackers on the topic and people are fine with 50% of the game being bugged cuz of dragons

10+ Year Old Account
    Our dungeon last night was this. Hit 60 on my lock and wanted to do some regular dungeons for a little gear.

Tank was 50, mage was 19. Mage was doing 4x my dps, mobs were level 60+, half my spells wouldn’t land, tank was being wrecked and dying over and over. I haven’t seen spells being parried before, not even in the days before Cata. Then the tank dropped and we got a 59 DK who couldn’t loot anything because they weren’t 60….

It's okay guys... this will be fixed for sure in 10.1!
    Jokes aside... raid items (ilvl ~400) already give around 500 mainstat...
    At the end of xpack it will be probably 2-3k so another squish is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Seems like this happens every single expac, scaling gets broken in one or more places.

Small indie company.
    Yeah I know right, who would have thought that when you add new code to so much old code stuff might break.

Just move on and level somewhere else or do a dungeon if you cant wait for it to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    Started leveling my level 50 warlock using BC Chromie time. Queued for a random dungeon and Slave Pens popped up and the healer, level 10 mistweaver monk, rolls away from the group and starts using Spinning Crane Kick and just keeps using it and roll for the rest of the dungeon. Solos the bosses in under 5 seconds each and at the end has done 51k dps lol. The rest of the group did no dps... So yeah, kinda broken..
    That has been the case since at least 9.1, mistweaver monks (in combination with the classic lifestealing enchant) are completely broken in BC (why the hell only there?) instances. I have reported that over a year ago, but it seems no one cares (or reads EU bug reports anyway).

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so glad I decided to not buy this xpac yet...I think in about 3 months I'll give it a roll, maybe alot more of these bugs will be fixed.