137 27.35%
  • Will not pre-order

166 33.13%
  • Will not get at all

69 13.77%
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Out of curiosity, how do you determine if a game is good during the pre-order phase? Community hype from released info? Personal hype over announcements? Reviews during beta? Personal beta experience?
    Beta very lilely, I should get my invite in the next few weeks after this initial phase is over. People who give useful feedback always get a re-invite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Preorder for physical versions like the CE is only available over the Blizzard shop with payment methods that are not common here, so no, even if I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Have they set a release date yet? I haven't played since december 2020.

I own the physical CE box of all the other ones (including vanilla) and so i'd like to buy that for Dragonflight as well. However, I read somewhere that this will be exclusively sold from official blizzard site? Meaning that they will probably wait until releaseday(!) to ship it, meaning that in the end by buying a Collectors Edition box, you're punished in that you can't play day 1 (when everyone is online and it is the most fun..).

This is why I've always bought the CE boxes from a 3rd party (authorised) reseller store since they have it in stock a couple days before launch. I tried chatting with the official blizzard store support but they provided no answers. I'm reading conflicting information, some say it will be exclusive to Blizzard official web shop, some say authorised 3rd party resellers will have them, like every other year.

Anyone know whats actually true? I'm in Europe btw.
    So anyone know?

I pre-ordered, I honestly don't get the hate on pre-ordering.
    I plan on playing it, there's literally 0% chance I don't play it.

So what's the harm in paying for it now, vs paying for it later?

I have preordered every expansion since they started offering those. Except for a small break during Legion I have played nonstop since BC. I still thoroughly enjoy the game and see no reason to stop subscribing. Raids the last few expansions have been top notch and M+ is super fun.

I hadn't yet, but now that I've pretty much decided I'll be giving the expansion a go I likely will pre-order soon. Not because I care about any of the pre-order bonuses (they are kinda meh) but because I just like to have it out of the way once I've decided to play or not.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Off topic, but does preordering grant the level boost immediately, or on release of the expansion?

Yes, you get the level boost immediately if you order the digital version that has one. If you order the physical collectors edition, then you have to wait until you get the item in the mail to get the code out of the box.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Yes, you get the level boost immediately if you order the digital version that has one. If you order the physical collectors edition, then you have to wait until you get the item in the mail to get the code out of the box.
    How do I get better at Reinhardt?

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured this was gonna be the first expansion I wasn't gonna preorder. Then I saw the Shaman Talent Trees.
    I can stand the sight of worms,
    And look at microscopic germs,
    But Technicolor pachyderms,
    Is really too much for me.

Tragic victim of Altitis

Quote Originally Posted by killjoyfromwow View Post
    pre order for what?

you guys act like crack fiends, wait till the game is about to release holy shit
    there is absolutely zero difference in buying it on release day or preordering it now (or any time in between) for blizz or for us, sure, people who are not certain if theyll play it should wait till they know either way, but for people who know theyll play it theres literaly no point in waiting... actualy, well get dracthyr in prepatch, so buying it before that is better for us than to wait for release...

7+ Year Old Account
    Haven't preordered yet, and it looks like my decision was right, because with every bullshit change they made recently, I'm more reluctant to pay for this game.

Unfortunately Wow usually has two phases of development: 1) Hype phase, when devs claim, that they've learned lessons and will fix everything 2) Reality phase, when they start thinking about so called "content" to keep players subbed and realize, that they've made too few content, so it has to be stretched or made mandatory to force players to do it. Like phase 1: Maw? Ok, let Vanilla's fans do it, if they want it. Phase 2: Omg! No content to do, let's make mandatory Maw introduction, mandatory Maw campaign parts, mandatory Maw endgame, etc.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's just got gold. Who cares about gold anymore?
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    How do I get better at Reinhardt?
    You play him and keep practicing until you get better.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

My Plan is to wait about 2 or 4 months after the release to get it. That is enough time to see all the Mess that is wrong with the game and if Blizzard is listening to player base to change things. Also to be honest I am not so sure I want to really return to Azeroth. I left it last year in may of 21 and have really been enjoying my stay over in Eorzea. Less drama and less toxicness I have had to deal with. I also have noticed I am not pissed no where near as much like when I played WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    There are 52 people who have voted on this poll who claim to not want to play the expansion at all yet they hang around a WoW forum.
    Some of us get the best laugh when we see the copium smokers act a fool and say stupid things to one another.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Beta very lilely, I should get my invite in the next few weeks after this initial phase is over. People who give useful feedback always get a re-invite.
    They don't base invites on who gives feedback. IT is random and uses factors like your PC comp. I have gotten invites to every alpha/beta while giving not much feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    My Plan is to wait about 2 or 4 months after the release to get it. That is enough time to see all the Mess that is wrong with the game and if Blizzard is listening to player base to change things. Also to be honest I am not so sure I want to really return to Azeroth. I left it last year in may of 21 and have really been enjoying my stay over in Eorzea. Less drama and less toxicness I have had to deal with. I also have noticed I am not pissed no where near as much like when I played WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Some of us get the best laugh when we see the copium smokers act a fool and say stupid things to one another.
    It's not copium if people are still enjoying the game they are paying for, it's copium if you pay for it and play it will complaining you hate it but it will get better.

I love how people just lump others who dont see the game their way into certain groups they think they can mock whilst thinking they're smart, then you have to realise they're on a WoW fan forum and the irony is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    It's not copium if people are still enjoying the game they are paying for, it's copium if you pay for it and play it will complaining you hate it but it will get better.

I love how people just lump others who dont see the game their way into certain groups they think they can mock whilst thinking they're smart, then you have to realise they're on a WoW fan forum and the irony is hilarious.
    well keep laughing. I know I am. And this is this first I have ever heard of copium having varies levels of definitions. First for everything I guess
    Last edited by Aggressive; 2022-07-25 at 11:03 AM.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

I will play it. WOuld be the first expansion i did not play at release.

Even SL was fun at the beginning.
    So i don't really see a reason NOT to preorder for me.

Yes. I hope the game gets better. Call it copium, but even if it doesn't in blizzards hands I hope Microsoft steps in and makes the necessary changes to the company and its staff and flushes all the filth keeping the game from being what it could be.