1+ Year Old Account

Island Expedition Drops nerfed

So i am sorry if there was a post about his earlier, and I understand this probably does not matter to a good handful of people, but hear me out.

I use to get like 20-35 dabloons each run of solo mythic islands, and it has since dropped to 2-15.
    Firstly, this just sucks, this was a fun way to farm old cosmetics and mounts that you could do solo.
    Secondly, and a little more aggravating, there are still mobs (specifically the necromancer mobs) that are unkillable and severely bugged in islands, and they have neglected to fix them. But they went ahead and nerfed the drops.

thirdly, and perhaps a little bit damming to blizzard is something I noticed about a certain armor set on the Trading Post; the dragonrider armor.
    This set has been available through island expeditions, and dropped from salvage crates you buy with the dabloons.
    It is nearly Identical to the trading post set. Hardly even a recolor of the set.

Why do you guys think they would do these things?
    Please dont use this post as a reason to harass anyone, or to crap on me for playing old content
    thanks

Time played metrics.

I'd wager there's a lot more collectors in this game (as that's what this game has become) rather than raiders etc.

I'm not sure, why Blizzard do it instead of supporting content they have, but they try to push players to current content instead of allowing them to play old one. Same has happened with Garrisons and Class halls. I don't talk about gold. I understand, why old content no longer provides it. I talk about time, it takes to level full Garrison or Class hall. It takes may be 2-3x longer, that back when they were current.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnotadentist View Post
    So i am sorry if there was a post about his earlier, and I understand this probably does not matter to a good handful of people, but hear me out.

I use to get like 20-35 dabloons each run of solo mythic islands, and it has since dropped to 2-15.
    Firstly, this just sucks, this was a fun way to farm old cosmetics and mounts that you could do solo.
    Secondly, and a little more aggravating, there are still mobs (specifically the necromancer mobs) that are unkillable and severely bugged in islands, and they have neglected to fix them. But they went ahead and nerfed the drops.

thirdly, and perhaps a little bit damming to blizzard is something I noticed about a certain armor set on the Trading Post; the dragonrider armor.
    This set has been available through island expeditions, and dropped from salvage crates you buy with the dabloons.
    It is nearly Identical to the trading post set. Hardly even a recolor of the set.

Please dont use this post as a reason to harass anyone, or to crap on me for playing old content
    thanks
    From my experience, I've gotten loot from Mythic Island Expeditions around the same amount since it was released, and varied from 8 to 26 Doubloons pr. run. Still the same unless it is connected to the amount of runs done pr. week?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

How often were you actually getting 25-30? Coz when I was running them in SL, most runs Im pretty sure I got around 2-15 with some giving double.

Also if I recall correctly, there's also an upgrade with war resources that increases the number of doubloons you can get, or gives a chance to get more. Are you doing it on a different character that doesn't have that?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKarateDeathCar View Post
    It absolutely does not.
    I leveled around 20 Garrisons and 20 Class halls back when they were current. Trust me. I know, what I'm talking about. I completed Garrison on one character just recently and now I try to level Class Hall on him. It takes much longer.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It’s just Rng doing them in a group had some people get 20-30 and others get 15 they haven’t nerfed it you just got some bad Rng.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    time, it takes to level full Garrison or Class hall. It takes may be 2-3x longer, that back when they were current.
    I haven’t touched a garrison in years but they haven’t changed the class halls at all the timers are all the same length as legion and the quest needing mission board stuff are all the same.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I talk about time, it takes to level full Garrison or Class hall. It takes may be 2-3x longer, that back when they were current.
    no it doesnt...
    things that were timegated about garrison and class hall havent been touched since their respective expansions and things that require effort are now faster...

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    How often were you actually getting 25-30? Coz when I was running them in SL, most runs Im pretty sure I got around 2-15 with some giving double.

Also if I recall correctly, there's also an upgrade with war resources that increases the number of doubloons you can get, or gives a chance to get more. Are you doing it on a different character that doesn't have that?
    Fairly often, but mostly because i have the extra buff from the ship upgrades.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKarateDeathCar View Post
    uh what? One is green/silver and one is gold/red and the gold set is much brighter too. How is that hardly a recolor?

- - - Updated - - -

It absolutely does not.
    Because the recolor is literally just flipping the colors to their opposites.
    Reds opposite is green golds is silver.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    It’s just Rng doing them in a group had some people get 20-30 and others get 15 they haven’t nerfed it you just got some bad Rng.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven’t touched a garrison in years but they haven’t changed the class halls at all the timers are all the same length as legion and the quest needing mission board stuff are all the same.
    I really dont think so, because i did probably about 8 runs, and at most would get 18ish, and sometimes i would get 3

7+ Year Old Account
    I really dont think so, because i did probably about 8 runs, and at most would get 18ish, and sometimes i would get 3
    I mean Rng is Rng when I was farming them a few weeks back I got 5-10 almost every run and my friend got like 20+ Constantly and was able to get way more boxes then me.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

1+ Year Old Account
    He most likely has the ship upgrades.
    Id ask ya to try it now, see if you get even less, cause it is very noticable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I don't talk about things like timers or time gates. I guess, it's more about things like how often certain important missions appear, like missions, that grant follower gear in Garrison. It really feels like chances to get some missions are nerfed and it slows me down, as it takes much more time to achieve the same ilvls.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't talk about things like timers or time gates. I guess, it's more about things like how often certain important missions appear, like missions, that grant follower gear in Garrison. It really feels like chances to get some missions are nerfed and it slows me down, as it takes much more time to achieve the same ilvls.
    If your talking follower gear then it’s way faster then in legion as you can just go farm better gear faster on argus then you could in legion and gear missons became rarer as they added more rep and more quest with each patch that wasn’t a post legion change.

also it makesdoing other legion content faster as you can get rep tokens easily and get the bonus raid quest for transmog farming.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2023-04-11 at 05:21 PM.

Yeah that's nonsense, at the end of Shadowlands I was bored and farmed island expeditions, and most of the time I got 8-10 dabloons per run, even when receiveing two bags. It's happened very rarely that I got 10-14, and above 20 was perhaps in one from ten islands. And yes, obviously I do have the upgrades.

And it's not like there is not data available: https://www.wowhead.com/currency=171...nts:id=3210828

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    He most likely has the ship upgrades.
    Id ask ya to try it now, see if you get even less, cause it is very noticable for me.
    there are ship upgrades? I either blanked that from my memory or never did it

edit: it was the former
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2023-04-11 at 05:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Time played metrics.

I'd wager there's a lot more collectors in this game (as that's what this game has become) rather than raiders etc.
    (raises hand) Yo.

Same reason why Blizzard makes toy with a duration of only a few seconds or minutes and with hours long cooldowns. Blizzard is anti-fun.

thanks
    First of all, there is nothing wrong with you for playing old content. I personally loved that expansion.

To answer your question, I don't there is a good answer here. It was during Wrath when I first started scratching my head at game decisions made by Blizzard and my head scratching has continued into present day.

That's not to say there is never a good reason for a game change to be made, and sometimes there are simply reasons I don't personally agree with. I have watched a lot of dev interviews and have been impressed in the past by the thoughtfulness of developers in relationship to game design decisions.

That being said, I think there are many decisions made over the years that were objectively bad, or things were overlooked and never fixed properly. Maybe one of these reasons applies to your concern about solo mythic island changes.

All I know is that it caused a lot of disillusionment of the game for me over the years because the head-scratching incidents kept adding up and made the game less and less enjoyable over time.

I guess the point in my post is that I think I understand a bit about how you feel. Maybe providing some feedback here (or directly to Blizzard) would help things.

Hope they think about your concerns.