Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Anymore than the current paradigm of DKs being able to wear bright pink Pally armor with skirt included, or Demon Hunters in full druidic regalia, or Warlocks with angelic Priest gear, or Hunters being covered in molten flames and other such shamany things? Anymore than almost naked Rogues beating up people with fishes or Mages wearing farmer clothes and a broom while raiding the keystone of the multiverse? .
    A friend of mine played a goblin warrior with the ugliest transmog i ever saw, like a homeless person gear with a wood piece as shield and a fish as mace, not counting that shop costume of a yet, we already crossed the line long go

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    A friend of mine played a goblin warrior with the ugliest transmog i ever saw, like a homeless person gear with a wood piece as shield and a fish as mace, not counting that shop costume of a yet, we already crossed the line long go
    And there's no harm in that if that's what he wants to play.

Consistency in art direction is important for NPCs and the world. If Ysera went around in a business suit and Wrathion in a thong then that would look silly. And in single-player games like God of War or Elden Ring obviously you try to keep things cohesive and visually identifiable.

IMO that does not apply for PCs in multiplayer game, at least not those like WoW that offer a large breadth of customization in a rich and incredibly diverse world; titles like Darktide do need to adhere to a single art direction due to having a strong central theme, but WoW isn't a game like that. There you should cut the player loose and leave them with as much freedom of choice as possible to make their character look like what they want.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who saw the thread title and immediately thought “Meanwhile in the multiverse where Blizzard had tamed ducks wander round their office” or something similar (the YouTube video inspired that)

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Why are xmogs armor restricted?

PvP.

They're afraid that Johnny Random sees a robe-wearing warrior and goes "THIS IS PRIEST. HEAL HEAL. WHY SMASH? AAAAH CONFUSE!".

That's it. That's literally all it is.

Is it completely stupid and ridiculous? You betcha.
    Seems like the easy fix to this would be your opponents transmog visual gets disabled to you in instanced pvp.

Can I get paid now?

Edit:
    Honestly, this should have been a toggle option for players a long time ago.
    Last edited by cozzri; 2022-12-04 at 05:41 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I agree, Transmog definitely shouldn't be limited based on armor. I also don't think the PvP excuse is very legit, since at this point in the game there's so many possibly armor-sets, especially those shared between classes, that just seeing what someone is wearing isn't enough to tell you what they are. You have to see their animations, the bars they have, maybe even just read their class from the little description plate.

Remove limitations, Blizz! It's all cosmetic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    You think this looks badass?? lmao this looks like an emo Vulpera
    It looks so weird to me when I look at the neutral stance. Like, it literally needs a belt to make it look complete.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cozzri View Post
    Seems like the easy fix to this would be your opponents transmog visual gets disabled to you in instanced pvp.

Can I get paid now?

Edit:
    Honestly, this should have been a toggle option for players a long time ago.
    Then people would whine about how they worked so hard on X-Mogs and now they can't show it off in BG/Arenas.

Maybe have an outline around the character that is colour coded depending on class (light blue for Mage, yellow Rogue, brown Warrior, etc.), but make it REALLY noticeable somehow so it doesn't mesh with blend with potential colour-matching x-mog/gear.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Oh yea, let people roll on loot that they can't even use for transmog.

There is nothing wrong with that.
    Apparently playing the game is not even the goal of forum goers, appearance and standing around in it is first prio it seems.

That would be excellent.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, cloth user shouldnt be allowed to have a plate mog.

If you start allowing all of this, the game looks no different than a cheap browser game.

Content and lore > looks. This has already been violated by a lot, so stop it already.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Another reason - because some players would ruin RPG feeling via intentionally looking like a clowns.
    As I said to the friend above, just a few simple changes and nobody gets upset.
    Blizzard can do two relatively simple things:

1- Create some servers (only 1 would be full on the same day) called "free xmogs" where you could create the xmog you want there and believe what I'm going to say now: In other MMOs that have something like this 99.9% of players use good semso. You hardly ever see a mage with plate or a warrior with cloth. Play Aion or Guild Wars 2 (which has outfits/cosmetic sets ranging from 100% to 100% plate) and you'll understand what I mean.

2- In the same way we have "warmode on" instances where only people who want PVP in the open world appear... and "warmode off" where only people who DON'T want PVP in the open world appear... she could create a third intance called "free xmogs" where only people who want to dress the way they see fit show up.

I really don't see a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    This isn't farce, this is actually true info people.

Same reason we never got a round of more cosmetic minor glyphs when they first debuted in MoP and subsequently never again (until a very, very few in Legion class halls); because they actually believe spell effects need to be iconic so that they're more recognizable in PvP.
    Which is why, among other things, Evokers have zero glyphs. I guess a combination of a class that can be used only with one race and a race that can only be one class is still too much for the brains of the people Blizz designs their game around to process.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I doubt much stops Blizzard from deactivating ability cosmetics in rated PvP activites, if that's an issue.
    Depends on how you define "much". Because the reason would be their sheer laziness. Not much of a reason per se. On the other hand the scope of said laziness is near-infinite, so from that perspective it's even beyond "much".

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Personally, I think the biggest problem is that their thinking is just ridiculously rigid. They cling to some notion of "fantasy" that has them vastly overrate and overemphasize thinks like identity visuals - they think something must "look shaman/warrior/dk/etc." or there's a problem, and they go out of their way to try and preserve that. Which makes sense, in a way, if you're designing NPCs - but is absolutely toxic bullshit when it comes to players, because you're effectively taking away agency and defining players' characters for them. "THIS is how a DK should look, period" is not a good take when it comes to an RPG, where people might want to, you know, express themselves through their character?
    The Class fantasy explanation doesn't even work for gear because in most cases you can still get the look of other classes from your armor type group. Following Blizzard's trainwreck logic you can comfortably "disguise" your Warlock as a Mage or your Warrior as a Death Knight and somehow that's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

What I’m more interested in seeing is xmogs being learnable on a class with the wrong armour proficiency.

Eg, being on a priest and learning plate. Really sucks that this isn’t a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Art is subjective, and everyone's opinion of what makes an awesome xmog varies accordingly. I think your xmog mix of those sets is pretty badass, and I'd actually really like it for the xmog for my VE Hunter with a matching bow.
    yes yes, I would definitely also use this xmog on my Hunter!!

PLZ BLIZZARD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    You think this looks badass?? lmao this looks like an emo Vulpera
    Can you link me the definition of badass which every human gets in his head when he hears that word or could you just start understanding the concept of subjectivity?

Ontopic:
    That would be an easy win for blizzard but there surely are some higher ups that have some utterly stupid reasoning why this is not possible. Like Ion with covenant in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    lol, in PVP I detect the healer and the DPSs through the colors in his health-bar. I don't even pay attention to his race, if he's dressed according to his class, or if he's wearing Santa's cosmetics, or if he's naked.
    Most players think like yourself its blizzard that doesn't

PVP was the reason Druids couldn't use transformation items in druid forms for the longest time, because blizzard thought the players were mentally challenged and couldn't understand the difference between a rage bar and an energy or a mana bar.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I agree, Transmog definitely shouldn't be limited based on armor. I also don't think the PvP excuse is very legit, since at this point in the game there's so many possibly armor-sets, especially those shared between classes, that just seeing what someone is wearing isn't enough to tell you what they are. You have to see their animations, the bars they have, maybe even just read their class from the little description plate.

Remove limitations, Blizz! It's all cosmetic!
    This, and i have mentioned before, the "identify healers" reasoning is garbage, since it only SORT of works for priests, and even then it could be a shadow priest. Pally - is it prot or resto? Its using a 2h, must be ret - nope, thats the weapon from Legion, and hes holy. Druid? Good luck guessing what spec it is until it shapeshifts. Monk, is it a punchy boi or a mysty boi? yeah, no clue.

Add on what you said, and others have, that druid you are looking at could actually be a fucking rogue using druid xmog pieces.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdkartoffl View Post
    Can you link me the definition of badass which every human gets in his head when he hears that word or could you just start understanding the concept of subjectivity?

Ontopic:
    That would be an easy win for blizzard but there surely are some higher ups that have some utterly stupid reasoning why this is not possible. Like Ion with covenant in SL.
    tough, uncompromising, or intimidating. Thats the definition, and i think that set fits that definition. Now, whether someone LIKES the badass look is entirely subjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

7+ Year Old Account
    PvP is such a bad motivation for removing cosmetic freedom for everyone.

I mean, I understand wanting people to be able to detect spells by their effects in PvP, perhaps. But there is a ridiculously simple solution for that...
    Give people a setting to hide such cosmetic changes, either always, never, or while in PvP/War Mode.

That gives the esportsers their level playing field (should also disallow all "cosmetic" style transmog, since we don't want clothies running around in the stormwind plate cosmetic by the same logic), and lets people who enjoy transmog and character customization actually play the RPG part of the MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    As I said to the friend above, just a few simple changes and nobody gets upset.
    Blizzard can do two relatively simple things:

1- Create some servers (only 1 would be full on the same day) called "free xmogs" where you could create the xmog you want there and believe what I'm going to say now: In other MMOs that have something like this 99.9% of players use good semso. You hardly ever see a mage with plate or a warrior with cloth. Play Aion or Guild Wars 2 (which has outfits/cosmetic sets ranging from 100% to 100% plate) and you'll understand what I mean.

2- In the same way we have "warmode on" instances where only people who want PVP in the open world appear... and "warmode off" where only people who DON'T want PVP in the open world appear... she could create a third intance called "free xmogs" where only people who want to dress the way they see fit show up.

I really don't see a problem.
    I've been asking the same for flying for years. But Blizzard want to have the same game for everybody. Mostly because they want their game to be competitive. Player X can't compete with player Y for something like WF, if they play different games. Even if player X doesn't care about competing with player Y and overall it's better for game.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

The thing is, ultimately it's almost all cosmetic. That's the nature of videogames.

But.
    If you want a remotely believable world you're going to have to draw a line about what parts of function and form you deem inseparable.

To some extent i do agree with you, but given players' uncreative tendencies to mimic one another or to just default to that which they believe has the highest "status" i do not think player choice should be let free too much.

It's a bit like how underdeveloped people who nonetheless acquire money often just end up using their now greater options to thoroughly express just how little taste they have.
    Choice and options are simply not always inherently good for those of limited capacity (which includes effectively all of us mind you).
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

You REALLY needed to find something to complain about and use the "fun detected" meme for eh ?...