Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ...

Re: Yogg +0 World First Kill - Exodus Suspended 72H

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarg
    The big difference between Ensidia and Exodus, is that Ensidia actually immediatly admitted to using the "exploit" to kill the boss. Exodus on the other hand tried to get world fame claiming it was a lucky kill. This makes Ensidia far superior to Exodus.

It doesn't matter what you think about the flower power, at least you must agree Ensidia isn't so sad that they lie to make themselves look better. Also Ensidia didnt do it on a world first.
    They was also the only guild in the World to kill Hodir Super-Hard Mode

Quote Originally Posted by nobanme

A mage soloing Naxx with a spell steal buff is clearly not the same thing. Anyone using methods to solo content is as much cheating as evading mobs to skip a phase of the fight.

Too many misinformed people here who are basing judgement on things they "think" happened, rather than what actually DID happen.

Theres a reason Exodus got banned and Ensidia did not.

One of them cheated, the other did not.
    Incorrect. The mage SS the mob was using proper game mechanics within the instance. Not his fault that Blizzard screwed up in the talent design. He is also not abusing virtual world limitations - and there is were abuse/cheating occurs. In other words:

-Was spell steal working as intended - yes
    -Was the stolen buff workign as intended - yes
    -Did the player abused a world environment limitation (pathing/AI/...) - no
    -Did the player abused a bug (item or other game aspect) - no

Now you say: "Blizzard banned him". There is the point where Blizzard failed miserably in the evaluation. He played with the assets and in the terms set by Blizzard. The fact that there was unexpected but logical results is Blizzard's fault, not the player. He should never ever been banned for that. Even Ensidia Hodir kill (which I also consider as legit) is more dubious than that one (in the sense that recurred to outside mobs SSing).

Exodus is a completely different story - they abused a virtual world limitation - in this case, pathing/evading.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrostemplar
    Incorrect. The mage SS the mob was using proper game mechanics within the instance. Not his fault that Blizzard screwed up in the talent design. He is also not abusing virtual world limitations - and there is were abuse/cheating occurs. In other words:

-Was spell steal working as intended - yes
    -Was the stolen buff workign as intended - yes
    -Did the player abused a world environment limitation (pathing/AI/...) - no
    -Did the player abused a bug (item or other game aspect) - no

Now you say: "Blizzard banned him". There is the point where Blizzard failed miserably in the evaluation. He played with the assets and in the terms set by Blizzard. The fact that there was unexpected but logical results is Blizzard's fault, not the player. He should never ever been banned for that. Even Ensidia Hodir kill (which I also consider as legit) is more dubious than that one (in the sense that recurred to outside mobs SSing).

Exodus is a completely different story - they abused a virtual world limitation - in this case, pathing/evading.

Agree about the pathing abuse with Exodus yea.

Back to the mage though, i disagree, and i think it was right he got banned.
    I point you to here -
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html

Particularly -
    "Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or "program bugs" to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players;"

The mage soloing Naxx clearly got a competitive edge over other players through game mechanic abuse. No other class can do it, nor could any other class solo Naxx. Clearly a competitive unfair edge in obtaining gear.

This is different from Ensidia though since the boss had already been killed multiple times by other guilds. Blizzard buffed the boss to an unkillable state, so they used an in game ability to put themselves equal in terms of progress to other guids. They did not gain an unfair competitive edge from using spell steal.

So yea, the mage should of got banned according to Blizzards terms and conditions.

The rules are clearly there for everyone to see, and Blizzard acted accordingly and fairly.

Has anyone else done it besides them? Is there any way of telling?

Deleted

Seriously.. How can Blizzard ban people just for "bug'ing" a boss. It's Blizzard's own fault, not their.. It is stupid i would say. Can't see why they ban them.. The bug's should be fixed on the PTR's.. That's why they are there, and if not.. Too bad. Then they will just be fixed after they are found out. Why the heck ban people from a game they have bought, and paying loyally for every month. Just because Blizzard wanna make more money, for people creating new accounts and rerolling. Seriously xD it is not like these guys used any ilegal hack.. Then i would have understood it, but a bug shouldn't lead to a ban. It is just a game for crying out loud! ;D When they are saying "Not happened as intended" it sounds like we are some sort of robots who are testing their stuff out, to see if it crashs or something o.O ..but that's my opinion.. Everyone got their own

Quote Originally Posted by Abrax
    Seriously.. How can Blizzard ban people just for "bug'ing" a boss. It's Blizzard's own fault, not their..
    Exodus decided to exploit the bug, and this is their decision. Don't blame Blizzard for Exodus's decisions.

Exodus used an exploit. Ensidia uses clever game mechanics.

Christ Blizzard I wish you guys wouldnt make it so easy to let everyone know who's side you're on.

Kharay1977

Quote Originally Posted by Edorien
    Exodus decided to exploit the bug, and this is their decision. Don't blame Blizzard for Exodus's decisions.
    True enough. But, it was Blizzard's fault the bug was there in the first place. Seriously, if something so fundamental as the targetting of adds is off in an encounter, doesn't that make you wonder what other content they've been releasing prematurely. Without properly testing it, I mean?

It's very hard to release completely bugless content, but seriously... this was quite a major bug in the fight. Something I would've imagined Blizzard having tested for. Apparently, they didn't. Kind of a failure on their part as well. True enough though that Exodus is responsible for deciding to abuse that bug.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Abrax
    Seriously.. How can Blizzard ban people just for "bug'ing" a boss. It's Blizzard's own fault, not their.. It is stupid i would say. Can't see why they ban them.. The bug's should be fixed on the PTR's.. That's why they are there, and if not.. Too bad. Then they will just be fixed after they are found out. Why the heck ban people from a game they have bought, and paying loyally for every month. Just because Blizzard wanna make more money, for people creating new accounts and rerolling. Seriously xD it is not like these guys used any ilegal hack.. Then i would have understood it, but a bug shouldn't lead to a ban. It is just a game for crying out loud! ;D When they are saying "Not happened as intended" it sounds like we are some sort of robots who are testing their stuff out, to see if it crashs or something o.O ..but that's my opinion.. Everyone got their own
    You find a woman, she's passed out. You rape her, you shouldn't be arrested, it was her fault, she was just lying there naked. You had to do it.. Even if it was against the law

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

lol cheats never win.

O
    W
    N
    E
    D

Did the achievment get taken off them too ?
    Insert Signiture here.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Leé the Noble
    You find a woman, she's passed out. You rape her, you shouldn't be arrested, it was her fault, she was just lying there naked. You had to do it.. Even if it was against the law
    What a great comparison XD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhdCslFcKFU

15+ Year Old Account

Why the fuck are people still posting in this thread 9 months later

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns
    Why the fuck are people still posting in this thread 9 months later
    I dunno man.

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tun
    Friends..

Ensidia never exploited anything. The JoL thing on Mimiron is something someone made up. We never even knew you could do it until we were accused of using it. We didn't exploit Hodir. An exploit implies changing a fight, we did not. We merely used a game mechanic to beat an otherwise unkillable encounter, which got changed AFTER guilds had already killed it. If we wanted a chance at staying in the Algalon race, there wasn't much else to do. The fight was the same tho, and it wasn't like we 1shot it or anything. It was still tight.

The other things people mention are mostly Nihilum. Nihilum DID NOT exploit Twins. Nihilum DID NOT exploit C'thun. Nihilum DID NOT exploit Vashj. Vashj bugged out and just went to 10% or something stupid, there was no exploiting involved.

Above reasons are probably why neither guild ever got banned, not all your conspiracy that we work for Blizzard or whatever else you have going on.

Stop grasping at straws. We wont exploit anything, just like we haven't exploited anything in the past.
    Oh the irony. Enjoy your 3 days of RL.

They didn't know evading mobs weren't supposed to be evaded. It's not their fault it bugged maybe blizz should test this stuff ahead of time. lol jk ensidia cop out.

owned

Quote Originally Posted by Death Knight
    owned
    Dude, your posting on old content to up your post count could get you banned.

Just warning ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!