Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Raid Finder Big Disappointment

I never really like to read up that much or get into it when it comes to a new patch. All I know was this raid finder was going to be available. I thought WOW! this is going to be great! I can que up for any Cata raid I want to just like Dungeon Finder.

So I reactivated my account. Did the 3 new heroics. Got the quest line out of the way with a few new off peices to my resto set. So far, Im loving it.

Then I wanted to do BH. Get that out of the way with. Only to discover, there is only 1 place I can que for. WOWOWOWOWOOWOWOW really?

What the heck was the point in all the man power put behind in developing this tool if only 1 place is available for it. Such a let down.

Does anybody else feel this way? I sure would like to also be able to que up for Black Temple, Sunwell, Naxx, ICC as well. Old school raids too.

What do you guys think so far? Maybe I'm being selfish? I dont know... Just seems like all the hype was for nothing to me.

They said that they're going to. They can't do every raid in one patch, ya know.

15+ Year Old Account
    The system is now in place for future raid additions. Blizzard wasn't going to spend time and resources messing around with another difficulty setting for out-of-date content.

They explained why DS is the only raid available in LFR. Repeatedly.

If you're not going to listen to anything Blizzard has to say, then you don't have the right to complain about what they do.

No they didn't. They actually expressly said they will not be retrofitting the LFR to work with older raids.

To clarify, you want them to re-tune the encounters to a lower level than the original encounters, including removing mechanics, re-balancing gear to be slightly lower in level than the original raid's level, for content that is readily available AND soloable? No, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by microtonal View Post
    They explained why DS is the only raid available in LFR. Repeatedly.

If you're not going to listen to anything Blizzard has to say, then you don't have the right to complain about what they do.
    I dont read up on what the company says. I Don't worship companies. I just play the game and try to support a product if I enjoy it.

Its not that im horribly misinformed or failed to listen to them, I just choose to not have my eyes and ears open all the time to what their press releases say.

Maybe you should read next time before you get all excited. This shit hasn't been a secret

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 06:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    I dont read up on what the company says. I Don't worship companies. I just play the game and try to support a product if I enjoy it.

Its not that im horribly misinformed or failed to listen to them, I just choose to not have my eyes and ears open all the time to what their press releases say.
    That is exactly what you are. Misinformed and failing to listen. It was on the front page of this very site several times
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Quote Originally Posted by Goobaman View Post
    No they didn't. They actually expressly said they will not be retrofitting the LFR to work with older raids.

To clarify, you want them to re-tune the encounters to a lower level than the original encounters, including removing mechanics, re-balancing gear to be slightly lower in level than the original raid's level, for content that is readily available AND soloable? No, thanks.
    Negative. It would just be nice to que up with random people to go through it instead of spamming trade chat. It was just a thought. Sorry, I wont think anymore or fantasize.

You're on the MMO Champ forums. On the MMO Champ front page, numerous times they have posted the reason for only being DS for now. Not "worshipping" the company is no excuse, because I don't worship Blizzard and I knew this well in advance.

Deleted
    It's a new mode, if they would decide to add super heroic or something like that it would take time to develop too. There is a lot of testing involved.

10+ Year Old Account

Surprised you haven't signed your life and home away if you do stuff so rashly like that.

Then im failing to understand the point of the release of Raid Finder. It sounds like they implemented a Beta program into the game. Why didnt they just release it during MoP when its finished? Just seems like a big waste of space for 4.3 But thats just me...

You need 25 people to clear old raids?

Ask in /2 and guild and you will clear them easy.

Also read blue posts, you'll find your answer there. Give it time young buck.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This was announced as only being for Dragon Soul for months and months and months. How can you be disappointed about something that was announced so long ago?

Deleted
    It's like the Dungeon Journal for Cata. If it proves to be successful, they'll make some changes. I remember reading a blue post stating that it merely paves the way for their plans for MoP.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they even mentioned at some point that they don`t really see a point in adding old raids. For such a system to be working properly (so people don`t complain about long queues), you need to have a lot of people using it, and there isn`t that much interest in the old raids. You`d just queue and wait 2 hours to get a group, and I`m sure that would be a worse solution than not having it at all.
    "But there are trade pugs going so often" - nope. The difference is pretty big. Think about it like this: if this feature is implemented, people will queue nearly all times, and will expect the queue to actually do something.

It would make sense for, let`s say, Firelands, and that`s about it; but then again they nerfed Firelands normal modes and spending the resources to re-balance the whole instance doesn`t seem like a good idea to me. Besides, a "LFR Firelands" would drop ilvl 365, which is same as Molten Front dailies; not much interest to actually run the place, so again the same queue problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    This was announced as only being for Dragon Soul for months and months and months. How can you be disappointed about something that was announced so long ago?
    Because. I. Don't. Read. Every. Blue. Post. Every. Single. Day. On. MMO Champ.

Sorry. You can lock this thread now. Looks like people are just going to be crude and rude. Sorry for coming here.

I never really like to read up that much or get into it when it comes to a new patch. All I know was this raid finder was going to be available. I thought WOW! this is going to be great! I can que up for any Cata raid I want to just like Dungeon Finder.
    Well, good thing you stated your resistance to obtaining the facts and informing yourself in the first paragraph. You're like the guy buying a car hearing that "automatic" gearboxes are available, not even reading the car brochure, but buying it anyway, and then complaining that you've got to actually change gears.

Ignorance, just as in law, is not an excuse.

Before resubbing, maybe it would have been an excellent idea to READ what was changed in the patch notes where they numerous Q&A's said there was only the one place the LFR is available for? They also gave their reasons for this.

Heck, I don't even play the game and I know this.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know that they said in a Q&A session that they will be starting and only dealing with Dragon Soul and doing future raids after that, right? I believe they said maybe one day past raids will be included, but it was designed for more of a "now and in the future" type thing. I like it, I don't think it's a waste of space at all. I consider it a chance to challenge myself (DPS wise) against other people not in my guild across other servers in a raid situation. Plus I can get more familiar with fights that I may be kind of rough on in the normal 10man version.

To me, the Raid Finder is a big success. My only disappointment is that they didn't think of it/develop it sooner!

While I understand the source of your letdown, it has actually been stated times and times over that let alone old raids, the previous tiers of the current expansion were not to be available.

This is the worst part about marketing's effect on customers, they always get you with the "hidden" texts, such is the Terms of Use Agreement, it should be read, yet no one really reads it and ends up having to complain about things that were clearly stated to be not responded in the document etc. and such is your case right now, you came up here expressing your dissappoinment, however, Blzzard pretty much has wrapped that bag letters weeks ago. Hence, I'd advice you to focus on other things you can really bake the same cake twice...