Thread: The Skywall

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: The Skywall

my favorite zone so far in cataclysm.
    mulgore/tb was my favorite in vanilla, nagrand in bc, none in wotlk, but goddamn, skywall if really beautiful

Even though it looks unfinished, I think that is pure awesome. Reminds me a little of Dalaran as well, though hopefully it'll have better music.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro
    Even though it looks unfinished, I think that is pure awesome. Reminds me a little of Dalaran as well, though hopefully it'll have better music.
    ...and won't lag as much. Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro
    something like Conflux music theme from Heroes of Might and Magic III would suit here IMO
    My RP Character №1 - Trillium Starwind - Night Elf Druid/Warrior
    My RP Character №2 - in progress, creating

It's Inner sanctum of AION?

10+ Year Old Account

I cried when I realized that this we be a raid and not the new dal...

The skywall reminds me so much of Aion...
    I know it sounds stupid, but that place truly was magnificent.
    Especially when you looked down.

I really hope the textures make that place gleam in the sun.

The buildings and landscapes make it look unreal.

havne't read through 5 pages cuz my internet is slow... but...

does anyone think the giant semi-spheres reminds us of STARGATE?
    I swear those are a bunch of stargates that are in the middle of "going off" (forgot the exact term, something about event horizon or other. Ronark help me out here? by your avatar i'm guessing you watch it too).
    FINALLY GOT CATACLYSM!

10+ Year Old Account

So I'm a little confused... In the lore, Al'akir (the lord of the wind elementals) is said to be the least powerful of the elemental lords and yet he has his own raid while the Abyssal Maw and Deephome only have 5 mans... the fuck?!

Quote Originally Posted by Temgale
    I believe the access point will be in 1k needles.
    Actually I'm pretty sure that the entrance is that giant tornado in Darkshore...

Its a raid instance if i remember correctly, which really sucks considering how amazing it looks.

Should be appreciated in numbers
    If at first you don't Succeed....then you fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillivm
    erm, why?
    Because I remember taking a look at a map of Azeroth with color coded zone changes on here a while back. and they were using green I believe for new instances and skywall was right above thousand needles. I could of course be wrong but that is what I remember.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...temgale/simple
    "Your mother was a wrench and your father smelled of seaforium!" - Stormforged Taskmaster

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    That is exactly what I was hoping the Skywall would look like, some kind of beautiful floating fortress. Awesome. I'm reminded of City in the Sky in Zelda.
    this was what instantly popped into my head when i saw my first screen shot of this place
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by Trillivm
    something like Conflux music theme from Heroes of Might and Magic III would suit here IMO
    WOW!

I rarely agree with music choices on the internet but you nailed it!

If the music isn't like that, I will turn off WoW music and play this one on loop!
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

Yes

yes

YES

Lookin guud omg

This is also one of my favorite places so far.
    Looks really awesome, would be a nice hangout spot if it wasn't an instance.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire
    So I'm a little confused... In the lore, Al'akir (the lord of the wind elementals) is said to be the least powerful of the elemental lords and yet he has his own raid while the Abyssal Maw and Deephome only have 5 mans... the fuck?!

Actually I'm pretty sure that the entrance is that giant tornado in Darkshore...
    Wait...I could have sworn that they were getting some just not at launch. So do we know for a fact they wont? I know we have this, Grim, Fire lands, and Blackwing Descent supposedly coming on launch...

Skytown anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Regent
    I cried when I realized that this we be a raid and not the new dal...
    Strange... I was thinking the opposite
    I hate neutral cities and all the lag. This place is really awesome anyway, though it could use some more spikes here and there... Garrosh stylin'

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoflash
    Wait...I could have sworn that they were getting some just not at launch. So do we know for a fact they wont? I know we have this, Grim, Fire lands, and Blackwing Descent supposedly coming on launch...
    Who's to say we won't open up a raid for the Abyssal Maw later on? We can't say we know what order they're gonna present the dungeons in...did Blizz say that Neptulon would be in one of the 5 mans?
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket
    Who's to say we won't open up a raid for the Abyssal Maw later on? We can't say we know what order they're gonna present the dungeons in...did Blizz say that Neptulon would be in one of the 5 mans?
    "Neptulons Rise" in one of the vash'jir 5 mans. Also if he was a boss for a future patch, his model wouldn't be ready in alpha.