Page 19 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh yea I also remember something about dishonorable kills, kill non hostile NPC could get your own faction pissed at you.
    The ultra heavy beat

only a few things i didn't know already but still nice. looking to see more like this.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing was originaly intended to be the final boss of Blackwing Lair until they decided to save him for a later raid (or expansion). Go figure.
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 2010-06-18 at 09:26 AM.

Sry if some1 mention it before... first real world event in wow

Corrupted Blood Incident
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_Blood_incident

Deleted
    Awesome reading, ty for this. Lots of new stuff I didnt know and some old memories coming back

Quote Originally Posted by TacoIndulgence View Post
    Oh yea I also remember something about dishonorable kills, kill non hostile NPC could get your own faction pissed at you.
    Oh yeah, and there was a title for having a certain amount of dishonorable kills, forgot what is was though... Thug or something...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    regarding the opposite faction duels :

You could indeed flag opposite faction players like this.
    Many a time used to " trick " players into pvp
    type / duel : start duel , type / pvp , watch as horde gang bangs poor alliance player who fell for it.

- Rogues had to cast " Swirly Ball " to be able to detect traps.
    - healers were during the very very early days of WOW considered gold. They were so rare you'd have half the server spam whispering the same 8 online priests.
    - Rogues did not have Clos , back in the day it took longer to get OOC if i recall correct , so if anyone sticked a couple of dots on you , you were screwed since it took some time to be able to sit down and eat.

- The hunter epic bow quest : They needed to finish off the demons ALONE , if ANYONE so much as touched it, it would despawn and it had an insane CD timer.
    Needless to say this left them very open to griefing.

hmm, i'll come up with others.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about !'s not showing up on your mini map? Even after that was added, WANTED quests didn't have !'s above them, so they were often overlooked.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Hehe, knew a couple of them since before, but a really interesting post, keep updating please, and make this a sticky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Applepie
    your retarded.

He spoke abut a second level to UC and that its still there! Is this true and if so how can I get there?

Quote Originally Posted by Horza View Post
    He spoke abut a second level to UC and that its still there! Is this true and if so how can I get there?
    It's really simple, and there isn't anything up there, though it might be used again if major cities become the hubs that Blizzard promised.

Go up into the sewer drain shafts, go to the hole where the bats fly in and out through and face to the left, you will see the blue tapestries of the War quarter.

Aim in that direction, Mount up, Jump, and use a something that gives you slow fall or have a nice mage do it for you.

Bam, you get to see basically nothing, and you get to stand on those cool bridges with the skull openings.

Quote Originally Posted by Horza View Post
    Enter UC via sewer, get slowfall on yourself, And jump:. Tadaa

Quote Originally Posted by Destram View Post
    Oh yeah, and there was a title for having a certain amount of dishonorable kills, forgot what is was though... Thug or something...

i think it was just "Dishonored"

Deleted
    i think there were vanilla talents still preserved at wow vault somewhere... il try and find a link

-Every spell rank used to have different mana cost, making "Down ranking" required for healers and most spellcaster to save mana.

- You used to need to go through BRD to get to MC, no short cut. Also BWL was planned to only be accessible frmo UBRS(After Rend no less). I think they added the shortcut with BWL but I'm not fully sure.

- Shaman used to be Horde only, and paladin was Alliance only. This made for huge unfairness(Shaman had tremor, or anti-fear totems. Alliance were screwed. That's why Dwarf priest and their fear ward were MENDATORY.)

- In Mc, you needed to farm a hunter skill (Tranq shot) from Lucifron, which was required to beat the following boss, Magmadar. If I remember right, you needed at LEAST 3 hunter with it. Meaning 3 weeks before you could kill the next boss.

- Resistance gear used to be non existant other then for random greens. Later on they added tons of pattern with fire resist gear for MC, as well as a bunch of resist gear in Stratholme.

- Flasks used to need around 60 herb per flask to make.

- Gear needed to defeat boss, would drop from previous boss in the same raid(for 40 man raids).

- Taunt used to have no range, needed to go fetch at melee range to use it, and get aggro off(most likley dead) healers.

- At the start of Wow Vanilla, items saying "increase damage from (school) spell by X" were thought to be horrible greens.

- For a while after the start, first aid was "Bugged", it was a hot that would remain active during combat and could be used in combat(no channeling). It was great for non healer class to use.

- Mc used to drop T1 and half of T2 set pieces.Belt& bracer of both tier were BOE.

- The lich in Andorhal used to be a 40 man raid boss, which never had any loot(except apparently that ultra rare lionhead mail piece recipe).

- The first time there had been a raid in an opposing capital city, the server crashed for a few days. And servers used to have long login queues.

- Baron Rivendare's Deathcharger mount used to be 1/5000 chance to drop. Having it meant your were either godly or stupidly lucky.

- Most end boss of dungeons lvl 50+ in vanilla drops Epics items. Each wing had one, and each epic was about 1/1000 chance to drop(maybe a bit more).

- In vanilla, everything was a huge farming session, even for simple blue quality crafted sets.

- All dungeons except for UBRS were suppose to be 5 mans, but since there was no limit, and each dungeon had an attrocious number of trash packs, people just raided them with 10-20 people.

- Round robbin used to be predilected choice to do loot. If the boss was on your turn, you were to open the loot and pick nothing so that loot could be distributed to everyone.

- Most group buffs had to be learned from dropped books, as well as some top rank skills.

- You could stack all the different effects from potions/elixirs/flasks/scrolls. As in, you could have +str, + int, +agi +hp5, + resist, +absorb, etc all at the same time using elixirs and scrolls.

- Pets and mounts used inventory space.

All I can remmember right now

Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    Sry if some1 mention it before... first real world event in wow

Corrupted Blood Incident
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_Blood_incident
    No it was not. Blizz never intended it to be a world event. It did give them ideas though. It wasn't a real even because it: 1) Did not occur on every server. 2) Was not intended.

---------- Post added 06-18-2010 at 10:12 AM ----------

Flasks used to fall off upon death.

Dont know if it has been posted.
    But during vanilla paladins seals only lasted for 30 sec each and after each judgement you had to "rebuff" your seal. Also Blessings lasted cant remember if it was 2 or 5 min and you had to buff each seperate player, which was a bitch to do in a 40 man raid

---------- Post added 06-18-2010 at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jawstrock View Post
    -Every spell rank used to have different mana cost, making "Down ranking" required for healers and most spellcaster to save mana.

- You used to need to go through BRD to get to MC, no short cut. Also BWL was planned to only be accessible frmo UBRS(After Rend no less). I think they added the shortcut with BWL but I'm not fully sure.

- Shaman used to be Horde only, and paladin was Alliance only. This made for huge unfairness(Shaman had tremor, or anti-fear totems. Alliance were screwed. That's why Dwarf priest and their fear ward were MENDATORY.)

- In Mc, you needed to farm a hunter skill (Tranq shot) from Lucifron, which was required to beat the following boss, Magmadar. If I remember right, you needed at LEAST 3 hunter with it. Meaning 3 weeks before you could kill the next boss.

- Resistance gear used to be non existant other then for random greens. Later on they added tons of pattern with fire resist gear for MC, as well as a bunch of resist gear in Stratholme.

- Flasks used to need around 60 herb per flask to make.

- Gear needed to defeat boss, would drop from previous boss in the same raid(for 40 man raids).

- Taunt used to have no range, needed to go fetch at melee range to use it, and get aggro off(most likley dead) healers.

- At the start of Wow Vanilla, items saying "increase damage from (school) spell by X" were thought to be horrible greens.

- For a while after the start, first aid was "Bugged", it was a hot that would remain active during combat and could be used in combat(no channeling). It was great for non healer class to use.

- Mc used to drop T1 and half of T2 set pieces.Belt& bracer of both tier were BOE.

- The lich in Andorhal used to be a 40 man raid boss, which never had any loot(except apparently that ultra rare lionhead mail piece recipe).

- The first time there had been a raid in an opposing capital city, the server crashed for a few days. And servers used to have long login queues.

- Baron Rivendare's Deathcharger mount used to be 1/5000 chance to drop. Having it meant your were either godly or stupidly lucky.

- Most end boss of dungeons lvl 50+ in vanilla drops Epics items. Each wing had one, and each epic was about 1/1000 chance to drop(maybe a bit more).

- In vanilla, everything was a huge farming session, even for simple blue quality crafted sets.

- All dungeons except for UBRS were suppose to be 5 mans, but since there was no limit, and each dungeon had an attrocious number of trash packs, people just raided them with 10-20 people.

- Round robbin used to be predilected choice to do loot. If the boss was on your turn, you were to open the loot and pick nothing so that loot could be distributed to everyone.

- Most group buffs had to be learned from dropped books, as well as some top rank skills.

- You could stack all the different effects from potions/elixirs/flasks/scrolls. As in, you could have +str, + int, +agi +hp5, + resist, +absorb, etc all at the same time using elixirs and scrolls.

- Pets and mounts used inventory space.

All I can remmember right now
    Mc used to drop T1 and half of T2 set pieces.Belt& bracer of both tier were BOE. Is not really true. Its true that you got the belt and bracer were BoE, but you couldnt get half of the t2 set. Only the t2 legs dropped of ragnaros and the head dropped from onyxia. Rest was in BWL.

In Vanilla there used to be 14 Ranks for PVP.

You took a hell of a lot of time to rank up, but if you didn't play for some time, your rank would decrease.

An Hunter could Feign Death in combat during a boss, to go out of combat and drink and regen mana

paladin judgements used to consume the seal they had active, therefore having to refresh it after every judgement