Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    they have a home that isnt a naruu transport stuck in a mountain.... how do u crash in a planet.... really
    Their piloting skills were only 2. At least they have some sort of assorted home. I want Dranei lore evolved to have them build the Exodar into the ground, and have it like Shattrath, or Shatt with TK on it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    Lore-wise, it wouldn't. Having Velen the new Archbishop would be a disadvantage to his whole race, and he knows it. He is the ONLY leader for the Dranei.
    it wouldnt be a disadvantage with what i want for it

he would still be in exodar it would just be more humans dwarves and worgen npcs going to his lectures and more draenei priests and vindicators(sp) in sw

Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    Also, Velen worships the Narru, not the light.
    Neither Velen nor any of the Draenei worship the Naaru in any literal sense. In the Rise of the Horde novel, when an orc asks Velen if the Naaru in Oshu'gun is a god, he immediately corrects the orc, saying the Naaru is an "ally".

The bottom line is that the Draenei view the Naaru as teachers, allies, and sometimes even leaders, but never gods or objects of worship.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

it wouldnt be a disadvantage with what i want for it

he would still be in exodar it would just be more humans dwarves and worgen npcs going to his lectures and more draenei priests and vindicators(sp) in sw
    Like what they are doing in Shattrath? Then he wouldn't be able to be Archbishop. Archbishop is a tough, rigorous job, and nobody could do it on a different continent. That's like the Pope being in Swaziland, and calling himself the Pope.

---------- Post added 2010-08-11 at 03:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Neither Velen nor any of the Draenei worship the Naaru in any literal sense. In the Rise of the Horde novel, when an orc asks Velen if the Naaru in Oshu'gun is a god, he immediately corrects the orc, saying the Naaru is an "ally".

The bottom line is that the Draenei view the Naaru as teachers, allies, and sometimes even leaders, but never gods or objects of worship.
    Read the last few posts, that wasn't what I wanted to say :<
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

in truth draenei and humans are the only true followers of the holy light now. dwarves are starting to go more with there titan creators and bloo elves lost faith shortly after taking up demon powers.
    Blood Elves follow the Light legit, actually. They have since 2.4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    Blood Elves follow the Light legit, actually. They have since 2.4.
    but the average elf dosnt go to church like they used to yes they are no longer curropt but think of it like this

u stop going to church to have fun..... ur done having fun..... do u go back to church? the average elf likly dosnt

also for the other post

the entire church isnt under benadictus while he is incharge im sure we can deleope its lore into a system of cardinals(sp) and other local officals who do most of the work while velen gives lectures and signs paper work

btw afk for a few hours keep discussing

Same with me, I'm going to AFk for dinner, gonna have pizza >:U!!

Don't say Blood Elves don't go to church because they don't have fun, that's putting human actions to what you think the Blood Elves would do.
    Best of 5 years!

in truth draenei and humans are the only true followers of the holy light now. dwarves are starting to go more with there titan creators and bloo elves lost faith shortly after taking up demon powers.

also i doubt its much different considering the main difference is..... humans figured it out on there own and draenei learned from what can basically be called light elementals

and how would it ruin lore if varian appointed the more wise and knowledgeable person to lead the chuch of the holy light, velen would not change at all he would take the title as a gesture of good will but prob keep the prophet one up like i choose to keep my exalted instead of loremaster up. plus he will still be in exodar

it justs leads to more faithful alliance npcs going to exodar to add flavor to the shitty city
    You can't fucking appoint a bishop. Religion doesn't work that way. He could SUPPORT a candidate, but ultimately it'd be the Church of the Holy Light's decision.

but the average elf dosnt go to church like they used to yes they are no longer curropt but think of it like this

u stop going to church to have fun..... ur done having fun..... do u go back to church? the average elf likly dosnt
    That makes no sense at all.

But let's pretend for a second that it did. Let's assume your point is that not every Blood Elf is deeply religious.

That's true of humans. There are plenty of humans that don't follow the Light in a fervent manner. Warriors, rogues, warlocks, mages, et cetera. Yet they make your list of races that truly follow the Holy Light?

Deleted
    dosnt mean the average blood elf started to go to church again[COLOR="red"]
    Well, the average human warlock won't either, I guess. Just saying that there are BE Priests and Paladins who make use of Holy Power.

Even if they both belive in same "god" it does not mean they are the same religion, Christians, Muslims and
    jew belive in the same god you know.

It should be a human or maby a dwarf...

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo
    Velen is not a member of the Church of Holy Light, nor will he ever be.
    does not matter
    Actually, it does matter. That's like saying the Archbishop of Canterbury (Protestant Church of England) should become the next Pope (Roman Catholic).

They still follow the same holy symbols and the same religious meaning, but they're still two seperate religious bodies at the end of the day. You can't really do something like that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipnex View Post
    Even if they both belive in same "god" it does not mean they are the same religion, Christians, Muslims and

Now that you mentioned that, and more old-world lore characters are starting to appear, why don't they make Rohan the new arch bishop? He is High Priest already after all, and seems, to me, a good choice

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed. "

Deleted
    This makes no sense, it would be like the Orthodox Patriarch becoming the Pope just because the Pope betrayed Italy. Being the Pope the head of state of Vatican.

---------- Post added 2010-08-11 at 10:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ivresse View Post
    Actually, it does matter. That's like saying the Archbishop of Canterbury (Protestant Church of England) should become the next Pope (Roman Catholic).
    Or this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraMagus View Post
    You can't fucking appoint a bishop. Religion doesn't work that way. He could SUPPORT a candidate, but ultimately it'd be the Church of the Holy Light's decision.
    im pretty sure varian has alot of pull with the church.... especially since its obvious the current leader is a traitor and likly so are his top officals in the church

---------- Post added 2010-08-11 at 09:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnex View Post

its not a god its an idea

and to achive the ideal of that idea u do the same shit
    main difference between humans/draenei

the naruu taught the draenei while the humans figured it out on there own. oh and the naruu still hang around

---------- Post added 2010-08-11 at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    This makes no sense, it would be like the Orthodox Patriarch becoming the Pope just because the Pope betrayed Italy. Being the Pope the head of state of Vatican.

---------- Post added 2010-08-11 at 10:08 PM ----------

Or this.
    u guys are putting to much real life into this

the light is not christianity islam or judaism

its its own seperate faith thats very basic, read my wiki article its not a god its an ideal the draenei and humans both same the same exact ideals

main difference is that the humans learned on tehre own while the draenei were taught by the naruu

plus why do u want to make the story boring by saying oh put random human x or dwarf y in the spot so it makes sencee rather than add a huge new story plot with possible archs for the future

i mean atleast when the guy said a human priest who has a sorta martin luther story should be arch bishop it was still an interesting story arch.... i should add that to the front page
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2010-08-11 at 09:57 PM.

Deleted
    u guys are putting to much real life into this

the light is not christianity islam or judaism

its its own seperate faith thats very basic, read my wiki article its not a god its an ideal the draenei and humans both same the same exact ideals

main difference is that the humans learned on tehre own while the draenei were taught by the naruu
    You completely missed the point. Catholics/Protestants/Orthodoxs are all Christians. The difference is the laws of man to their believes.

Which is EXACTLY the same thing as the Light. Same believes, different rules.

Same believes, different rules.
    What are the different rules? Please clarify.

Velen still makes for a great spiritual leader overall for the Alliance wether he leads the Church or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    i agree for the Velen idea

10+ Year Old Account
    You completely missed the point. Catholics/Protestants/Orthodoxs are all Christians. The difference is the laws of man to their believes.

Which is EXACTLY the same thing as the Light. Same believes, different rules.
    there reaaly arnt differnt rules

for the most part the main difference is that the naruu are invovled with guideing the draenei

also there is a rumor (look it up on the wikipage) that the most powerful object of the light the humans worship(not the object i mean the light) the ashbringer.... is made of.... guess what.... A NARUU!
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2010-08-11 at 10:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    What are the different rules? Please clarify.
    Well, starting with the fact that the Draenei don't have a church. Also, the Draenei believe on the Naaru as the source of their Light (which is true), different from the concept spread by the Church of the Holy Light.

Heck, even the goblins follow the Church of the Holy Light.