Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

so short: They fucked up. And Smith actually is the last doctor, but they decided "neh, let's screw up the lore!"

I really really love the show, but seriously they should stop the "12 regens" bullcrap when they destroy that 2 episodes later.

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    so short: They fucked up. And Smith actually is the last doctor, but they decided "neh, let's screw up the lore!"

I really really love the show, but seriously they should stop the "12 regens" bullcrap when they destroy that 2 episodes later.
    12 regenerations 13 incarnations, the first doctor was born.

peter is the last doctor until they break the rule, and the entire point of enforcing the rule is that they can break it.

- - - Updated - - -

SPOILERS @_@

turns out cybermen are showing up in matts final episode this christmas
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    turns out cybermen are showing up in matts final episode this christmas
    Sigh, cybermen just don't do it for me anymore. They're like replicators from the SG universe, cool at first then boring/annoying as fuck from then on. From my point of view at least.

no i remember reading the actual tweet and reading the article on doctor who news. heres an article talking about it http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv...ow-claims.html

also john hurt might be in series 8 with peter capaldi, few days ago he tweeted that peter will be a good doctor and hes sure they will have alot of fun together and then deleted it and then tweeted that peter is a good choice. when asked about it he said he never wrote the first tweet, so some fishy stuffs going on there :P

- - - Updated - - -

well weve always known they will change it, it was always whether or not they would make a story out of it, which moffat recently confirmed by saying he can only regenerate 13 times.

whenever asked about it he always says "we will do what we always do when we hit a roadblock, make something up"

which means peter capaldi is the 12 doctor (13th incarnation) and the last until some wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff happens and it all gets fixed :P probably with the eye of harmony since we know it can grant a timelord more regeneration and the doctor has it in his tardis
    About Smith saying he'd have fun with capaldi...What if that means Smith is leaving Who as the doctor but is staying in the cast as another character/villain... (I won't say the name of the character but I am pretty sure you can assume who it is)

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    About Smith saying he'd have fun with capaldi...What if that means Smith is leaving Who as the doctor but is staying in the cast as another character/villain... (I won't say the name of the character but I am pretty sure you can assume who it is)
    not smith, john hurt.

john hurt is supposed to be a one off in the 50th anniversary but his tweet means he might show up again with peter. matt doesnt use twitter (thats part of the reason his doctor is always making fun of it, its an inside joke)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Sigh, cybermen just don't do it for me anymore. They're like replicators from the SG universe, cool at first then boring/annoying as fuck from then on. From my point of view at least.
    might not be the main enemy, might just be a cameo, all weve got is one stuntman so far saying he gets to be a cyberman again
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I feel that way about Daleks. Least favorite villains by now... Cybermen I kind of like!
    the mai nthing wrong with the daleks in new who is that they were WAY to overused, its like davies couldnt think of a different villain to be a big season finale baddie.

4 series and 3 of them end with daleks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I feel that way about Daleks. Least favorite villains by now... Cybermen I kind of like!
    I always felt like Cybermen have much more potential than Daleks. But seeing the last episode involving them (Nightmare in Silver), I wonder now... this was close to being the worst episode of the whole 2005 series, that was just... terribly stupid.

I think it's time to dig up some long forgotten villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    I always felt like Cybermen have much more potential than Daleks. But seeing the last episode involving them (Nightmare in Silver), I wonder now... this was close to being the worst episode of the whole 2005 series, that was just... terribly stupid.

I think it's time to dig up some long forgotten villains.
    really? most people think nightmare in silver is one of the best new who episodes, i thought it was one of the cybermens best after they had been bitch slapped by the daleks and then defeated with hugs

Deleted
    I didn't find the Cybermen frightening at all in Nightmare in Silver. They were much, much, much more scary in the s2 2-parts where Mickey choose to stay on the parrallel world (probably one of the best episode in the RTD era) and in season 6 where we get to see Craig again.

Nightmare in Silver was... not that good, the annoying kids were too annoying (I really hoped they would get killed / upgraded by the Cybermen..)

15+ Year Old Account
    really? most people think nightmare in silver is one of the best new who episodes, i thought it was one of the cybermens best after they had been bitch slapped by the daleks and then defeated with hugs
    Well, spoilers (don't click if you haven't seen the episode) :

I almost found this one painful to watch, so full of clichés, predictable, always doing the worst possible choices (oh, let's leave the children alone in the room full of cybermen parts), terrible characters (children in space in some intergalactic theme park who don't seem to give a s**t about anything), the chess game (technically, considering other episodes, there was no need at all to disable all cybermen for this game, they should be able to calculate every possible combination quite easily without that), Clara often felt out of place not asking any questions about what relates to her (end of previous episode + cyber planner talking about her, filler episode I guess ?), and of course, they only have an incompetent unit with no weapons except one gun and one bomb big enough to destroy the planet. Oh, and the emperor who was with them from the very beginning can't do anything to help, nice.

Only part I found interesting was some parts of "Doctor vs himself" acting, which was overall quite good, but also got quite silly in some parts.

It's the very first (and only) episode from this season during which I really started doing something else while watching. I just can't picture why people find this one to be one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    I didn't find the Cybermen frightening at all in Nightmare in Silver. They were much, much, much more scary in the s2 2-parts where Mickey choose to stay on the parrallel world (probably one of the best episode in the RTD era) and in season 6 where we get to see Craig again.

Nightmare in Silver was... not that good, the annoying kids were too annoying (I really hoped they would get killed / upgraded by the Cybermen..)
    I have to completely agree with this. I mean yea they were more powerful but somehow they seemed less scary. I think for me in a way it was because they felt further removed from the human element. The thing I always find disturbing with cybermen is the conversion thing, and where they revealed if the emotion dampener is damage the person remembers they are a person and all the emotions which go with that. These were pretty meh to me :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    It's the very first (and only) episode from this season during which I really started doing something else while watching. I just can't picture why people find this one to be one of the best.
    Because Neil Gaiman wrote it, that is why.

Speaking of villains with potential, this is one that you newer people will only know from pirated episodes or the leaked images; Zygons. Those guys? Scariest creatures in the original series - hands down.

I am sure they will be joked up quite a bit, and thus ruined. But should make a good number of you wet your pants if the new Cybermen are terrifying to any small degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

The Zygons were great. A combination of Zygons and Cybermen could, in theory, be one hell of a fantastically menacing episode.

zygons look pretty good, they have a small part in the 50th

they're david tennants favorite monster, didnt they only have like one episode though?

- - - Updated - - -

No series 8 until autumn 2014, that means only 2 episodes of doctor who for a whole year. hopefully that means no more split but who knows

also whoever wrote that doctor who isnt as popular since 9 and 10 is pretty dumb, it averages around the exact same amount of viewers it did back then and theres way more iplayer views and its gotten tons more viewers on bbcamerica, the series makes way more money now then it ever has

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-...2014-52931.htm
    Last edited by Immitis; 2013-09-03 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    LOL, that would be interesting. Also We are due the ultimate Doctor Villain now, The one which caused the Master to Help the Doctor to defeat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    LOL, that would be interesting. Also We are due the ultimate Doctor Villain now, The one which caused the Master to Help the Doctor to defeat him.
    if john hurt is the valeyard then it would make alot of sense.

zygons look pretty good, they have a small part in the 50th

they're david tennants favorite monster, didnt they only have like one episode though?
    Those were a David Tennant monster? You're going to have to remind me of that episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    the mai nthing wrong with the daleks in new who is that they were WAY to overused, its like davies couldnt think of a different villain to be a big season finale baddie.

4 series and 3 of them end with daleks
    Most well known and common Villains from Doctor Who.

From the Classic Show:
    Davros & the Daleks
    Cybermen
    The Sontarans
    The Ice Warriors
    The Black Guardian
    The Osirians
    The Zygons
    The Draconians
    The Celestial Toymaker
    The Sea Devils
    The Silurians
    The Great Vampires
    The Great Intelligence
    Fenric

Time Lords
    The Master
    The Rani
    The Valeyard
    Omega
    Rassilon

Used in new show:
    Davros & the Daleks
    Cybermen
    The Master
    The Sontarans
    The Ice Warriors
    The Silurians
    The Great Intelligence

New Reusable Villains:
    The Weeping Angels
    The Beast
    Vashta Nerada
    The Silence

So far Moffet has used a bunch of classic Monsters, and Villains, but he has 3 out of the 4 best new villains as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was reading an interview with Neil Gaiman today in the Metro, and invariably Doctor Who came up, which lead to two interesting infobites.

1: The role of "Doctor 12" was actually offered to an unnamed black actor first, who turned the part down. This is almost directly opposed to what was stated by Moffat at Capaldi's reveal so... not sure I trust this.

then the more interesting one.

2: the concept of Time lords being able to change gender during regeneration, which is now considered Canon (see this article) was actually fixed in Lore BY Neil Gaiman in his episode The Doctors Wife, because he wanted to see a Doctor that was either a lady, black or an alien (one of the rare occasions I disagree with him )
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Those were a David Tennant monster? You're going to have to remind me of that episode.
    they arent they were in the classic series, they are just his personal favorite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Was reading an interview with Neil Gaiman today in the Metro, and invariably Doctor Who came up, which lead to two interesting infobites.

1: The role of "Doctor 12" was actually offered to an unnamed black actor first, who turned the part down. This is almost directly opposed to what was stated by Moffat at Capaldi's reveal so... not sure I trust this.

then the more interesting one.

2: the concept of Time lords being able to change gender during regeneration, which is now considered Canon (see this article) was actually fixed in Lore BY Neil Gaiman in his episode The Doctors Wife, because he wanted to see a Doctor that was either a lady, black or an alien (one of the rare occasions I disagree with him )
    that interviews pretty old by now, he cleared it up awhile ago, he was talking about the 11th doctor not the 12th doctor