Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I look forward to a little tweaking in the shadow dps, just a little. Dont need a lot. I feel like I have to squeeze out every second to compete with my mage, warlock and hunter guildies in similar gear, and I still fall short.

When a boss mechanic comes when there's adds, I think...well I can mind sear or I can mind spike/MB combo. First one sucks (we all know this), Second on tends to take too much time & mana. Glad to see a little attention there.

The change to SoL is nice, adding additional ways for it to proc and even allowing it to crit and therefore refresh or apply Inspiration are welcomed. However, with a 6% chance to proc, it still seems too minor to spend the points for the ability. I can see it being a nice bonus for the final burn phases of several bosses, e.g. Cho'gall, Ascendant Council, but I will still pass.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sithik View Post
    well, hopefully they will buff spriests some more than just mind sear. on bosses i have around 7-8k dps with average ilevel 340. while a rogue friend of mine easily gets up to 13k dps with ilevel 333.
    I'm at a consistent ~12k on bosses in heroics, more in raids. You should check up on what people are doing for their rotations. For example:

Only use Mind Blast to get the empowered shadow mastery buff.
    Make sure you have empowered shadow and evangelism buffs up whenever you're reapplying DoTs.
    Only use SWD if you need the mana until the target is below 25%, then spam it (health permitting)

Quote Originally Posted by Sithik View Post
    well, hopefully they will buff spriests some more than just mind sear. on bosses i have around 7-8k dps with average ilevel 340. while a rogue friend of mine easily gets up to 13k dps with ilevel 333.
    It's not just about item lvl it's also about your stats, you can have 340 and have mastery gear or you could have 340 and be in haste gear, you will do more dps with haste... Also if you're not raiding yet and you want to maximize your DPS in heroics just maintain 6% hit, reforge all your extra spirit/hit into something more useful. Then once you start raiding you can reforge/itemize to hit 17%.

Deleted
    Most of the classes that pwns us atm are getting nerfed (still not sure if warriors are gonna get nerfed, but their stunlock is gonna get nerfed probably as blizz says). We are going to be awesome next patch.

With the changes to mana burns, I hope they just make it an instant cast (or 1>sec) but give it like a 20 sec CD. Funny how there is no mention of viper sting though :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxpowr View Post
    With the changes to mana burns, I hope they just make it an instant cast (or 1>sec) but give it like a 20 sec CD. Funny how there is no mention of viper sting though :/
    hunters are terrible in pvp. they don't need nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlander View Post
    but thats not the point....with how important mana is to healers this xpansion mana burn of any kind in pvp is stupidly op.

also i cant wait to see the new survivability and mobility talents and glyphs for priest

Quote Originally Posted by greenlander View Post
    And Priests aren't?

Deleted
    Would be nice to see a slight rework of the shadow priest mastery, but the list is incomplete, I will only just cross my fingers :3.

I have been saying that Mind Sear was too low the instant we got 4.0 patch.
    Last edited by kremster; 2010-12-28 at 06:40 PM. Reason: re worded

Quote Originally Posted by Gozzu View Post
    Well thats wierd, since with my ilvl 343 i did about 10k dps without a problem, and in a 10man i am never below third place, competing with a hunter and a warlock.

The only area i feel lacking is aoe, and during fights like Magmaw and Halfus i just feel like my aoe isnt making much of a difference
    same, with an ilvl 333 spriesti m doing 10k, and 12k-16k (dependent on fight) with a ilvl 346 priest, did 14.3k on baradins hold boss, mind sear is not lacking, its extremely lacking , got kicked once on a stonecore heroic since i couldnt dps the shards fast enough with our mind sear, i tressure that argument from the healer "our fire mage can dps those shards almost instantly, why cant you?"

Quote Originally Posted by kremster View Post
    I have been saying that Mind Sear was too low the instant we got 4.0 patch.
    Yeah we all have but at the time most of us didn't care because mass SPW on everything and running in circles making mass apparitions was decent dps and pretty fun

Quote Originally Posted by dyzophoria View Post
    "our fire mage can dps those shards almost instantly, why cant you?"
    Aww that is a sadface statement if I ever saw one Hopefully this will change things like that.

I am kind of ambivalent about the mana burn thing though. Our mana burn is sort of frustrating to use, and it is not a fun in pvp to have to just run around mana burning everyone all the time. They should probably just get rid of all of the mana drains.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yeah we all have but at the time most of us didn't care because mass SPW on everything and running in circles making mass apparitions was decent dps and pretty fun
    Lol, I really miss the SA armies.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Aww that is a sadface statement if I ever saw one Hopefully this will change things like that.

I am kind of ambivalent about the mana burn thing though. Our mana burn is sort of frustrating to use, and it is not a fun in pvp to have to just run around mana burning everyone all the time. They should probably just get rid of all of the mana drains.

Hell I'd prefer to get the way old human racial than use mana burn most times. Smack a caster, burn their mana.

At least I think it was human...

I believe that was Feedback, the Human Priest Racial.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

i liked feedback when it was a weapon enchant spell that procced a mana burn effect (no dmg but still mana burn!) on melee hit.

at that time, i just had to dot, shield, renew & melee (fast daggers ftw) any mana class to win. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I believe that was Feedback, the Human Priest Racial.

Ahhh right, back when not everyone had fearward I had nearly forgotten that the different priest races had different abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Ahhh right, back when not everyone had fearward I had nearly forgotten that the different priest races had different abilities.
    probably one of the dumbest thing blizzard ever did, if I had known about priest racial spells I would have rolled dwarf, what did I get? Starshards lawl

Deleted
    Would love to see some more acknowledgement or actual work being done to the points mentioned here: http://www.tukui.org/v2/thank-you-bl...priest-in-pvp/ . /shrug