10+ Year Old Account

Question Holy Word: Serenity and Vuhdo How To?

I am a little stuck with getting Holy Word: Serenity to work with mouse over click casting in Vuhdo. Does anyone know how to make it work?

What I have attempted is the following:

Put the spell (Chastise) on one of my buttons then use this script to find the button name while mousing over the button:
    /run DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetMouseFocus():GetName())

Made a new macro in the default Blizz macro generator with the following info:

/cast [@mouseover]
    /click "nameofbutton"

Then in Vuhdo where I would normally type the spell name I just type the name I gave the macro.

This works except it always casts it on me no matter who I am mousing over. I guess because of the "click" it just acts like I clicked a heal spell and casts on me and doesn't care who I am mousing over.

Any ideas?

This is what I use with Vuhdo and it works for me. Make this macro.

#showtooltip holy word: chastise
    /target [@mouseover, exists]
    /click ActionButton2
    /targetlasttarget

You have to have holy word chastise as one of your main 1 - = spells and just change actionbutton2 to wherever yours is. Then go into vuhdo and bind the macro to a mouse button.

It actually works for holy word sanctuary also but I just couldn't get used to hitting the mouse button over a player then clicking on the ground where I want it. So when I'm in sanctuary I just hit 2.
    Last edited by Arcsecant; 2011-01-11 at 01:35 AM.

My response to this same question in the Holy Priest 4.0.6 thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    Yes, but its kinda tricksy.

(1) Make sure both SelfCast options are off.
    (2) Place Holy Word: Chastise on your hotbar.
    (3) Mouse over said hotbar button and copy "/run print(GetMouseFocus():GetName())" in chat and press enter.
    (4) Write down the result of the script (you'll see it in chat).
    (5) Create a new macro called "HW" [or w/e] with the following script:

#showtooltip Holy Word: Chastise
    /target hbtarget
    /click INSERT_STEP3_RESULT_HERE
    /targetlasttarget

(6) Open mouseover addon of your choice [healbot, vuhdo, clique, etc.] and type in "HW" [or w/e your named it] in the button you wish to bind it.
    (7) Make sure your chosen button is not bound to anything else.

You now will be able to mouseover with Holy Word: Serenity. Basically, by doing this, you've bound the hotbar button instead of the spell to your selected key, which allows for the mouseover to be valid. The catch is, to cast Holy Word: Sanctuary with the same bind, you must first be moused over a valid healing target. To get around this, bind Holy Word: Chastise to another button and use that exclusively for HW: Sanc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcsecant View Post
    This is what I use with Vuhdo and it works for me. Make this macro.

#showtooltip holy word: chastise
    /target [@mouseover, exists]
    /click ActionButton2
    /targetlasttarget

You have to have holy word chastise as one of your main 1 - = spells and just change actionbutton2 to wherever yours is. Then go into vuhdo and bind the macro to a mouse button.

It actually works for holy word sanctuary also but I just couldn't get used to hitting the mouse button over a player then clicking on the ground where I want it. So when I'm in sanctuary I just hit 2.
    I am using Bartender so my button names are like BT4Button12 or something like that. Your method doesn't work.

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 07:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    My response to this same question in the Holy Priest 4.0.6 thread:
    That method works but isn't there some way to do this without having to disable the auto self cast?

Quote Originally Posted by Denzion View Post
    That method works but isn't there some way to do this without having to disable the auto self cast?
    Nope. Its the best we got atm.

Deleted

Holy Word issues

There is a way to make this work without disabeling auto self cast. It took me quite a while of searching and a lot of time being frustrated with this spell but I got it to work. Basically you go an create a macro like this:

/target vuhdo
    /click BT4Button5
    /targetlasttarget

Keep in mind to not give the macro the exact spellname, otherwise Vuhdo will display a warning and it won't work. Just name it something like HW:C or whatever else you want to use. You need to have the original spell right from your spellbook somewhere on your FIRST actionbar, so for whatever addon you're using for that you need to adjust the

/click BT4Button5

line. To determine the name of the button location for use in the macro, enter this command

/run local f = GetMouseFocus(); if f then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(f:GetName()) end

into the chat box while hovering your mouse over the button location.

Then you got to your Vuhdo Spell tab and just bind the macro to whatever key you want to use, entering the name you gave the macro.