Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    1.5 years later and I still read "profession" to mean crafting profession, not class.
    we are just used to saying it as such due to guild wars 1

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    we are just used to saying it as such due to guild wars 1
    guild wars 1 master race
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    When the LA statue was blown up during the first Halloween event it took like half a year to rebuild. Not sure where people are coming in with this "it'll go back to what it was in 2 weeks" crap.
    Indeed. It's been confirmed that it will never be the same again.

For example here: https://twitter.com/John_J_Ryan/stat...52166061674496

(GW2 writer)

John Ryan
    ‏@John_J_Ryan
    Good-bye, my sweet Lion's Arch. You'll never be the same again. #guildwars2
    Last edited by mmoc1319205971; 2014-02-21 at 05:11 PM. Reason: added twitter message

Kessix hills sure went back to its original state after the tower of nightmares..

/rollsyees

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    They really did open up a lot of new pathways too, so it'd be nice if they build on what they've remodeled (rather than just reverting to the old design).
    Yea I am really hoping for this. It would be really sad if everything just went back to how it was even if it happened a year later. It would also go against their idea of a living changing world.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    1.5 years later and I still read "profession" to mean crafting profession, not class.
    Yea I do that all the time. I often have to go back over when I write things to double check to make sure I didn't use the wrong term ><

Quote Originally Posted by Eidal View Post
    Indeed. It's been confirmed that it will never be the same again.

For example here: https://twitter.com/John_J_Ryan/stat...52166061674496
    \o/ (trusting you that it is confirmation since I can't see twitter at work )

http://pastebin.com/dmACCzwx

Leaked balance changes for anyone who cares.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Nothing but more mesmer nerfs but some bug fixes too.

Now which profession to re roll too...

Nothing but more mesmer nerfs but some bug fixes too.

Now which profession to re roll too...
    Don't you claim to reroll from Mesmer like every patch? I mean it sure seems that way.

Why not just get on with things and play another class already? Doesn't seem sensible to be in a constant state of disappointment/dismay over a class. There should be no attachment from the player. Classes are only an expression of function.

Well, I am going spirit weapon guardian next patch. I'll be able to do my ritualist! <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Don't you claim to reroll from Mesmer like every patch? I mean it sure seems that way.

Why not just get on with things and play another class already? Doesn't seem sensible to be in a constant state of disappointment/dismay over a class. There should be no attachment from the player. Classes are only an expression of function.
    I actually only touch my mesmer for the current LS because none of my other characters are 80. I keep switching around from necro to guardian to ele to theif so they are all around lvl 40ish now.

- - - Updated - - -

I really like what they did with Necro. Leeching necro might be viable now with the signet of vampirism changes

I like the mesmer changes, it's stupid to have passive builds be so strong. You shouldn't be rewarded for doing less than others.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I like the mesmer changes, it's stupid to have passive builds be so strong. You shouldn't be rewarded for doing less than others.
    Are you talking about the overwrited clones exploding for condition damage?

It was not particularly strong anyway and it's not like we had enough dodges to keep abusing it and with the vigor nerf we would have less now. They are just over nerfing a build that didn't need it and leaving a build that is retarded (PU phantasm) alone. They really don't know what they are doing with mesmers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Why not, warriors have for ages

*grabs popcorn*

I think that is why I dislike Guardians so much, it feels way too passive.

Are they really going to buff heartseeker? It's not like it doesn't already hit for 8k under 25% health..

Imo passive playstyles should never be rewarded. It's silly that overwriting existing clones is better than shattering them in time so you don't overwrite them.

The only passive playstyle reward for warriors is Healing Signet.

Guardian is quite an active play-style if you actually do your job and GUARD your team from enemies. Bringing stability, aegis, protection, condi removal or healing at the right times is great. The problem is that most people who do this completely ignore dealing damage while you can do both at the same which greatly increases how active it feels.
    Tbh active might not be as good of a word as reactive but it most definitely isn't passive.

They're going to buff using heartseeker correctly. The issue with HS that people have been complaining about is that ppl start spamming it when an enemy reaches 50%hp and it will automatically deal it's extra damage once you reach 25%. This again rewards passive play. Now they nerfed the damage when +25% and increased the dmg at -25%. It's more of a nerf than a buff in that sense since there's not much you can do now if HS hits you -25%.

Well I guess I"ll go over my thoughts in mesmer changes

Chaos Armor: This skill now applies 5 seconds of swiftness upon activation. Other sources of Chaos Armor will not grant this additional effect.
    Woot more swiftness!

Temporal Curtain: This skill now applies 6 seconds of swiftness, down from 12 seconds, and will now affect allies already under the effects of swiftness.
    What? So what you are saying Curtain won't stack on itself for the mesmer but for allies? That is enough to justify the swiftness nerf for self mesmers? Because mesmers run staff and focus in the same set all the time.... /sigh

Null Field: This skill is now unblockable and has a recharge time of 45 seconds.
    My null field! People could block it D:?

Arcane Thievery: This skill no longer has a cast time.
    It is still crap, 3 conditions on a 45 second CD? This is a joke right?

Mimic: This skill now prevents all effects of the absorbed projectile from being applied. This skill now has a recharge time of 35 seconds.
    Lol your kidding right? Because people used this for things other then gimmicking boss fights. So you nerf it? What happened to the "we don't like mimic so were gonna replace it" thing you guys said?

Everything else is fine imo, the bug fixes are nice and so is the down clone icon change (finally) I just find it ironic that mesmer and guardian vigor got nerfed by ele's perma vigor has remained unchanged.

- - - Updated - - -

Imo passive playstyles should never be rewarded. It's silly that overwriting existing clones is better than shattering them in time so you don't overwrite them.
    Yea that works if you are a condition mesmer, in which conditions mesmer don't shatter unless you know the foe is going to spam some attacks.

The clone destruction was never too strong, and with the vigor nerf it is overkill, they are nerfing a build that didn't really need the nerf thanks to the vigor nerf and are leaving PU alone for the most part. Like I said before they have no clue what the fuck they are doing with mesmers.

- - - Updated - - -

I am really digging the guardian changes. I'm going to make some kind of spirit weapon build with torch <3

Deleted
    Do I have hoarding problem? I never sell any materials that I get and I haven't bothered leveling crating earlier, but now I started Light of Dwayna.

11stacks, so not really no.

I sell almost all of my mats. And then buy gems with the gold.

probably why I'm not very far with my ascended crafting and broke

Deleted
    Well I guess I"ll go over my thoughts in mesmer changes

Woot more swiftness!

[...]

What? So what you are saying Curtain won't stack on itself for the mesmer but for allies? That is enough to justify the swiftness nerf for self mesmers? Because mesmers run staff and focus in the same set all the time.... /sigh
    I'm really pissed off at this one. We already had the suckiest swiftness skills of all classes - as far are I know - and now we're pretty much the slowest people on the planet.
    Great timing to do this while I almost finished bolt =_=

I already see a lot of 'slowpoke' comments coming to me... as if I already didn't have them =_=
    Last edited by mmocd7e9667945; 2014-02-21 at 07:54 PM.