What's Tengu?
    A distant cousin of Pingu.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    A distant cousin of Pingu.
    Wish we had a Like button!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncano View Post
    What's Tengu?
    Often speculated as the next playable race.

Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Of course those twitter accounts are semi-official. As Zito said... Scarlet one for example gave us spoilers. These accounts my be run by some 'alpha'-testers or other people that aren't AN but are hired by them. Anyway.. if AN wanted to.. they would find them and end this. It's pretty lame that they still claim 'it's not us' when it's so obvious.

Remember thief 'leak'? Or was it another profession? Controlled leaks and spoilers happen. We know that, they know that. There's no reason to 'hide' it.

EDIT: Is there any way to see how would your character look with a different hairstyle before buying makeover kit?
    Last edited by mmocf89c8b0f36; 2014-03-07 at 03:39 PM.

Kodan is more likely then Tengu at this point and Dwarves more likely then Tengu too.

Also Just because the dwarves are turned to stone doesn't mean they are dead. They could be frozen in life sort of like frozen in a block of ice theory. Someone or something should be able to release them.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Kodan is more likely then Tengu at this point and Dwarves more likely then Tengu too.

Also Just because the dwarves are turned to stone doesn't mean they are dead. They could be frozen in life sort of like frozen in a block of ice theory. Someone or something should be able to release them.
    Oh, the dwarves are still alive...Ogden is still around, but after having undergone the Rite of the Great Dwarf. The problem lies in numbers - they exist, but there are so few of them that they'd never be playable, barring some in-game reason (reversal of the Rite, if that's possible, though that would likely have further complications).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

what makes you say that?

personally I'd be just fine if they never added another race

Deleted
    Had no idea Ogden got even as much as a mention in gw2 until now...

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Ogden_Stonehealer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmDYPzWvpd8

Animal races are pretty tough to model armor after. Even now Anet have a devil of a time getting Charr armor design correct. I don't think a race with models as unwieldy as Tengu will be any easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Animal races are pretty tough to model armor after. Even now Anet have a devil of a time getting Charr armor design correct. I don't think a race with models as unwieldy as Tengu will be any easier.
    The tengu look like they have the same body type as the Charr. Quagan and Hylek are the only real weirdies on the menu.

The Hylek would be an interesting race to play I think. I imagine it would be the least popular of all the races though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    what makes you say that?

personally I'd be just fine if they never added another race
    What makes me say that? How about the Tengu just being dicks and segregating themselves from the rest of the world besides a few merchants while Kodan are abundance and plentiful. Not to mention to add a new race you have to take into account Personal story, Kodan is the easiest to adapt to this as they are already out in the open and already have conflict with the dragons. Tengu are closed in and segregated and take no heed to the dragons - it would be weird and unfitting to add them to the personal story.

Don't you think the Kodan are already too similar to the Norn?

Probably, I'd love looking like this guy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Don't you think the Kodan are already too similar to the Norn?
    In purpose? Maybe, personally no. But they are giant bear people so no...

I'd definitely play one.

In purpose? Maybe, personally no. But they are giant bear people so no...
    BEAR PEOPLE RAWR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But yea I'd have to agree with Zito here. The way things currently are Tengu are the least likely. Of course I might be biased because of their dumb wall of hurty

Deleted
    Crikey!!

If any of your other halves or parental units say you`re playing too much, show them:

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net...139826/Age.PNG
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...-been-fun-guys

I'm still waiting for the day I can play a centaur, in any game. Game devs need to quit shying away from quadrupeds (and just getting on all fours to run doesn't count)! :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson