Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Man...I really don't like elites. I'd rather take another utility slot. They make me feel like I should only use them in emergencies are never at all with the cooldowns.
    Agreed. In GW1 you didn't have to use them, I miss that. All of mesmers elite skills also just suck really.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Agreed. In GW1 you didn't have to use them, I miss that. All of mesmers elite skills also just suck really.
    That's why I use my Sylvari's elite summoing plant turrets. It can be used offensively and defensively (you're immune while summoning them [however you still get condition damage]). You can also solo champions in mid-level zones with that elite :P I'm surprised that people never pick it.

But yeah... I miss GW1 skill system (I know that cross professions would be too much in GW2, but rest would work just fine)

All of mesmers elite skills also just suck really.
    But but but but Time Warppppp

also Mass Invis ;p

Since the nerf Time Warp is close to useless, it would be OK if they'd reduced the CD with it but that would be balanced and we don't want that.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Since the nerf Time Warp is close to useless
    they did? O_O

Ages ago "Reduced quickness from 100% to 50%" which hit TW extra hard since it's an elite.

It was a TW nerf in disguise since nobody used(uses) quickness apart from TW.
    (26 march 2013)
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Ages ago "Reduced quickness from 100% to 50%" which hit TW extra hard since it's an elite.

It was a TW nerf in disguise since nobody used(uses) quickness apart from TW.
    (26 march 2013)
    while they buffed the duration of everyone elses quickness besides TW :l

I feel like mesmer is one of the worst profession to utilize quickness tbh.

I deleted my SS so I can't check otherwise I'd be able to give you the exact numbers.
    What I know is that for ranger, axe war and for lh ele it's awesome, for gs war and staff ele it sucks, for sword guard it's ok.

Basically anything where autoattack is your main damage it's good.

I'm going interrupt shatter build in PvE at this point because I just don't give a fuck. Phantasm is boring.

/checks price on perplexity runes 10g a piece

/cry

Did they ever fix perplexity rune bug of confusion duration not working?

[Minor spoiler regarding the personal story]

After finishing the personal story (sans Arah), there is one question that I really have no answer for: What did Demmi Beetlestone (the girl you rescue for the Order of Whispers) know and how did it help us to fight the dragons ? It's specifically mentioned in the story that she knows "secrets" about her dad, Minister Caudecus, that will help us in our fight against the Elder Dragons. I was really intrigued to get to know those secrets after we finally finished rescuing her and then . . . this plot line gets just completely forgotten forever. Or is there something that I missed ?

While I won't debate it from a strictly usefulness standpoint, I love turning things into moa!

It's especially fun that they let you transform nearly everything into a Moa/Tuna, rather than some small list. The real problem with the elite skills is the lack of balance across races/professions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    I kinda wanna re-install GW(1) just to get some of that sweet Dervish action again. I'm sure the discs are still in a box somewhere around here...
    I actually have it installed and sometimes will fool around in it. I never did the grinds, so I don't have a lot of points for the hall of monuments, but I was going through consolidating minipets and almost got another tier...

Moa would be nice if it didn't last 2 seconds in PvE

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    [Minor spoiler regarding the personal story]

After finishing the personal story (sans Arah), there is one question that I really have no answer for: What did Demmi Beetlestone (the girl you rescue for the Order of Whispers) know and how did it help us to fight the dragons ? It's specifically mentioned in the story that she knows "secrets" about her dad, Minister Caudecus, that will help us in our fight against the Elder Dragons. I was really intrigued to get to know those secrets after we finally finished rescuing her and then . . . this plot line gets just completely forgotten forever. Or is there something that I missed ?
    Probably that Minister Caudecus is a traitor plotting to overthrow the Queen and take control of Kryta. The Order, as Tybalt said, likes Queen Jennah in control because it helps foster the unity they and all the orders believe is necessary to defeat the Dragons.

Moa would be nice if it didn't last 2 seconds in PvE
    One of the problems would be that the skill modifiers for MOA are actually quite high, off-set with a long time between skills. This might not seem like a problem, but it means that bosses scale incredibly well with MOA, which means that one Peck can kill you easily and it's hard to notice the animation.

There are many oversights in regards to transformations like this, but the general player won't ever notice.

edit: I'll list some since otherwise the happy police will be on my ass again.

1. Conjured Weapons work (and are presumably classified as) transformations. The upside to this is that you can't combine two. (eg: Conjured Weapon + Norn Elite). The problem is that not all transformations (increase in size being the main one here) are listed as such and are just seen as buffs (Rampage, Signet of the Wild), meaning those do combine (eg: Conjured Weapon + Rampage)
    2. Scaling (both up and down) greatly change the numbers, an upscaled toon using a transformation will do more DMG than a normal scaled toon using the same gear equivalent, the catch is that there's a big gap between max level gear and low level gear which sort of evens things out. Downscaling has a huge impact on static number "transformations", Rampage is far less useful in dungeons < lvl 75(or 80 been a while), the reverse goes for Conjured Weapons (max level increases power with 360 which is about 10%, lvl 35 increases 225 which is roughly 15%).
    3. You can replicate "transformations" using reflects (this was a common practice in AC to copy the Hatchlings) if needed you double bounce the projectile.
    4. Animation canceling is a huge deal and often abused in extreme speedclears.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2014-07-20 at 03:50 AM.

for those interested in the Lore of the game, here is an interesting reddit thread about the Bloodstones and where possibly the living world story is heading towards. It includes a video by WP (which is well worth a watch IMO)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...dstone_theory/

I just did my first Fractals run yesterday and boy, are they fun ! The environments, stories and boss fights are amazing - and level 1 was a real challenge for my new level 80 character "without" gear and me having no knowledge of what to do/expect. We had the fight for Ascalon, then the Asura pyramid, then the Thaumanova Reactor and then Mai Trin.

Well done, Anet, really loving it !

The latest Mesmer nerf was the final nail in the coffin for bringing my Mes into WvW. I was also burnt out from season, so I hadn't really been playing WvW outside of taking my Ele or War in on reset night.

So I decided to dust off my 80 Necro and play around with it. I started using Warhorn for the first time really. I never saw much use for it. I unlocked the skills and never touched it again. Now that I've been practicing using Dagger, I have begun to see the benefit of Warhorn play with Necro. I'm running a dagger/WH (plus Staff) Wells build.

Fooling around with this, I see how the combo has its use. I can trap people in the Wells and fire off ton of different sources of damage. It can really melt down foes. I've melted a lot of zergs in large scale fights by dropping everything I have. The trade-off is that my toughness is only 2k and the multiple sources of damage pretty much nuke me when I run into retal.

So sometimes its melt or be melted, and sometimes its both and I just rally after the retal self-nuke.

Damage sources going off at once:
    1. Dagger Auto Attack
    2. Locus Swarm ticks
    3. Well of Corrup + Well of Suffering Ticks
    4. Vampiric Rituals tick from Wells
    5. Golem Charge/Summon hit
    6. AoE Birds triggering on Golem use from 6 piece Mad King Rune Bonus
    7 Spinal Shivers triggering off of Chill of Death
    8. Vampiric Precision and Vampiric hits triggering off of all this stuff.

It's fun but once in awhile my health will insta drop with nobody on me. The vampiric heals and high health sort of battle back and forth with the retal damage.

When does GW2 typically release teaser info for the next update? A week before? Should I expect it tomorrow?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Yeah IF we should assume it's going to continue with a 2 week update, we might expect something tomorrow. But tbh I have plenty to do still...