PU was a cheese build anyways.

I play a personal build using a lot of blocks n daze or I play shatter. In Dungoens, I play phantasm. I played PU for awhile but I got tired of how passive it was. They're trying to basically keep PU as a survival trait while nerfing the PU build's passive condy damage. I don't have a big problem with that. I just hope Triumphant Distortion becomes a viable defensive trait, too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Someone on reddit mentioned that PvP is a good way to gain transmute charges. I think I'll go test it out soon.
    Let me know, I'm in need to those charges but map completion doesn't always guarantee them so I don't really feel like doing that constantly. (And I don't know any better/faster/easier ways)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    Let me know, I'm in need to those charges but map completion doesn't always guarantee them so I don't really feel like doing that constantly. (And I don't know any better/faster/easier ways)
    Yeah pvp is a really good way to get them. I pretty much only pvp and I have tons of them lol.

Deleted
    Hi guys.

Hope it's the right place to ask.

Coming back to GW2. Last played like half a year ago or even in 2013. Is it possible for somebody to update me on what has happened with the game since new year or so? Like new content, notable changes and stuff. Much appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellarion View Post
    Hi guys.

Hope it's the right place to ask.

Coming back to GW2. Last played like half a year ago or even in 2013. Is it possible for somebody to update me on what has happened with the game since new year or so? Like new content, notable changes and stuff. Much appreciated.
    So much has changed that we'd have to write a book. Lucky for you we've put together a wiki for returning players on reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/w...turningplayers
    Valar morghulis

Hey. Should I wait until the new feature pack to start my character? I've had GW2 since launch, only leveled to 34 and then quit. Haven't played since. I checked the changes and apparently there's a bunch of leveling improvements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by destia View Post
    Hey. Should I wait until the new feature pack to start my character? I've had GW2 since launch, only leveled to 34 and then quit. Haven't played since. I checked the changes and apparently there's a bunch of leveling improvements.
    I would recommend at least logging in before then to unlock the current chapter of the Living Story. You can play it whenever you like once you hit 80.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the Skill Bar excerpts from all the Ready Up episodes for the upcoming balance changes:

Valar morghulis

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was the game very confusing for you initially? If so, then it looks like a new character after the feature pack is a good idea. If it was for any other reason, playing a character now won't really matter. Look here for more info: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sept...yer_Experience
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Was the game very confusing for you initially? If so, then it looks like a new character after the feature pack is a good idea. If it was for any other reason, playing a character now won't really matter. Look here for more info: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sept...yer_Experience
    Not really all that confusing, I just got bored of engineer and couldn't bring myself to do it again from the beginning. The feature pack is releasing in 6 days, so I guess I might as well wait for those leveling things, they sound cool. Thanks guys!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really all that confusing, I just got bored of engineer and couldn't bring myself to do it again from the beginning. The feature pack is releasing in 6 days, so I guess I might as well wait for those leveling things, they sound cool. Thanks guys!
    It does sound like they are streamlining how things are rewarded and communicated for leveling purposes. Some people need more direction to feel less bored, but a change of class and shiny new leveling should make the game seem a little more appealing. Nothing wrong with waiting. It's not going anywhere.
    BAD WOLF

I know someone in this thread will probably rage at me for saying this but.....

Polishing a turd doesn't make it anything other than a turd still. Just shinier is all.

If you found any core part of the game boring or not worthwhile, then this feature pack isn't going to change that. Leveling toons has actually gotten worse since the game launched.....especially if you played/leveled any at all before the feature pack that was released in the spring.

The ranger buffs make me happy, but it seems like the frost spirit nerf will make them less welcome in dungeons than they are already.

I like the trading post changes though. It's about time for that armor one.

The greatest thing about the game is still that I don't have to pay a sub. Works nicely with my current schedule.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I know someone in this thread will probably rage at me for saying this but.....

Polishing a turd doesn't make it anything other than a turd still. Just shinier is all.

If you found any core part of the game boring or not worthwhile, then this feature pack isn't going to change that. Leveling toons has actually gotten worse since the game launched.....especially if you played/leveled any at all before the feature pack that was released in the spring.
    Is it really that bad leveling now? I know most people who leveled with the old system hate it and newer players don't think it is bad. I do know some people who really like it though.

I'm just curious because I have only leveled up one character since the game came out. I thought the new leveling looked really good, I could see how some people might think that it is tedious though.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Is it really that bad leveling now? I know most people who leveled with the old system hate it and newer players don't think it is bad. I do know some people who really like it though.

I'm just curious because I have only leveled up one character since the game came out. I thought the new leveling looked really good, I could see how some people might think that it is tedious though.
    Not sure how the new stuff will play out, but I've leveled 2-3 characters since the trait system change and it's basically the same for me. I don't feel there is anything wrong with the system, I just think they should speed up leveling given the games scaling mechanic there's not a lot of reason to drag out the process.

There's no reason to wait on this feature pack to start playing the game. The stuff added is mainly for people who were too dumb to figure out the game. As long as you understood the game before then you're fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post

I have done quite a bit of leveling since the trait change and it didn't make any difference.

Here is a summary of the September feature pack

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...ry_of_changes/

it looks a lot better when presented as a whole rather than as bits and pieces

Does anyone here play a lvl80 Engineer regularly?

I really like the 'style' of the profession, but it seems like it's the ugly child of GW2. Even on the official forums there's barely any stickies or discussion going on.
    Do engineers even have a meta build for dungeons? Like, what's the most common/useful build for PvE dungeons/solo?

I feel kinda spoiled since my main is an Ele, basically everything else feels underwhelming next to it :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Here is a summary of the September feature pack

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...ry_of_changes/

it looks a lot better when presented as a whole rather than as bits and pieces

One thing that wasn't included in any of the blogs that deserves a mention is the expanded Combat Log coming with this patch.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sept...ack#Combat_log
    Valar morghulis

I tend to find Dulfy does a strong job summarizing things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Does anyone here play a lvl80 Engineer regularly?

I really like the 'style' of the profession, but it seems like it's the ugly child of GW2. Even on the official forums there's barely any stickies or discussion going on.
    Do engineers even have a meta build for dungeons? Like, what's the most common/useful build for PvE dungeons/solo?

I feel kinda spoiled since my main is an Ele, basically everything else feels underwhelming next to it :/
    Probably a mix of Flamethrower/Elixir Gun or Grenade/Bomb. Engineers do great support, and kit-switching to maximize use of combo fields and the like will probably seem familiar to an Ele player.