Deleted
    Sheesh, I'm not being hostile. I'm trying to explain my point of view, but the response I've pretty much gathered is "Well, yeah, you can do that but you're wrong".

It may very well be because I love making characters, and I love re-playing as classes I like. Doesn't really matter which game. Sure it's a bit different for an MMO, but for example I've played Mass Effect through a good couple times as the same kind of Adept Shepard I've always enjoyed it, and well... I still enjoy it. Back during WoW there was no way I would've wanted to roll two Priests for the sake of having two Priests, because the mechanics didn't change that much in my opinion. It just feels so different on Guild Wars 2; each class offers a lot of different things and playstyles you might enjoy, and wanting to enjoy those fully on more than one character just seems a bit more enjoyable to me. Like... I still feel pretty lost on my Guardian because of so many changes/variations you have, depending on what you want to do. I carry a god damn arsenal in my backpacks on her, with two full sets of armor and at least 5-6 weapons. I have and still am considering making a second Guardian who will use a different approach with combat and whatnot, because it makes it easier for me to keep things in order and I'll still enjoy both characters just as much.

And since gear/money/etc. isn't really an issue in Guild Wars 2 as pretty much all of it is shared account-wide, it just makes it really approachable to me personally to think about what kind of other variations I could enjoy having at maximum level. It might not make sense to some people, but to me and many others this kind of thinking makes a lot of sense. Some might see it as wasted time, but a time you enjoyed wasting isn't really wasted time and all that, eh? So, yes. I know I can do all these things on one character, but I might not want to. Some classes I'm perfectly happy to own only once, but I can easily find uses and justify (at least to myself) some multiples of some classes. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    There are 8, soon to be 9 classes. I guess if you play this game 24/7 and spent money unlocking tons of character slots you would be able to do that? More power to those people, definitely not for me. Even with the scrolls and xp rewards from various things I only have 3 level 80s. One was power leveled with all of my crafting mats. I guess it's perfectly feasible, but I just see no motivation.
    I bought one character slot early on with cash, the rest were just gold/gem conversions. Easy enough to buy them when they're on sale for 600 gems.I've got one of each, with double mesmer, elementalist, guardian, engineer and necro. I'd rather build up a character to a specific set instead of changing things around regularly.

But, I mean, the game has been out for years at this point. Some folks will concentrate on one character, others will roll alts to pass the time.

Again, not judging...just stating.
    It's the way you call it absurd and illogical, seems pretty judgmental. In any case, you've always mentioned how you don't have enough time to play all the games you want, so you're obviously more pressed for time than many of us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    You can accomplish most of what you want on one character with a drastically reduced effort.
    It's really not much effort to Alt it up in GW2, a lot of stuff has been shared for years now. "Leveling" is time, sure, but since game-play in GW2 isn't endgame, you're still running around exploring the stuff and playing the game.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Sheesh, I'm not being hostile. I'm trying to explain my point of view, but the response I've pretty much gathered is "Well, yeah, you can do that but you're wrong".

It may very well be because I love making characters, and I love re-playing as classes I like. Doesn't really matter which game.
    Ok, well that explanation resonates. It was trying to come up with a logical explanation via gameplay which poses a problem resulting in an illogical/inane reasoning...that's all that was meant by this whole discussion.

If the core of it is that it's enjoyable, I won't argue that. I even understand that aspect a great deal. I fully supported creating characters just because you enjoy them, even in this game. Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's the way you call it absurd and illogical, seems pretty judgmental. In any case, you've always mentioned how you don't have enough time to play all the games you want, so you're obviously more pressed for time than many of us.
    See the above response. The only thing that is illogical is trying to couch the explanation in gameplay terms. The actual act of making/playing the same class over and over in terms of enjoyment is subjective...so I won't argue, though I actually do understand that aspect. And yes, sadly I don't have enough time but I also suffer from playing way too many games as well.
    BAD WOLF

How is there no power/cond/healing power gear Anet? FUCK HURRY UP AND ADD IT

- - - Updated - - -

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW...+DAm/IFgYzsA-e

I've done it. The ultimate glamour PvE build. 100% up time on chaos armor. Grants every single boon in the game. Insane support. Insane damage. Non crit build. My only delema is the food buffs. It's a toss up between cond duration or boon duration. Damage vs more support.

But this build completely shuts down conditions for your group. Some nice healing which adds up over time, good might stacking. Ugh I love it.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

So what? I might want one character for PvE and one for WvW/PvP. I might want one character who's a tank build for soloing and farming, and another who's a glass cannon for world bosses, dungeons and fractals. I don't see it being counter productive AT ALL. It gives me something to do, and it saves me the trouble of carrying up to 4-5 different sets of armors and weapons in my bags all the time.
    If the game expression or design does not require such than one is playing the game in a manner that is less effective or illogical.

Game design can not stop meta play methods- if I created a card game with exact rules, I can not stop some payers from using the same cards & their own rules. But meta play methods have no real discussion point or argument. It's a total invention on the player's part.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    How is there no power/cond/healing power gear Anet? FUCK HURRY UP AND ADD IT

- - - Updated - - -

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW...+DAm/IFgYzsA-e

I've done it. The ultimate glamour PvE build. 100% up time on chaos armor. Grants every single boon in the game. Insane support. Insane damage. Non crit build. My only delema is the food buffs. It's a toss up between cond duration or boon duration. Damage vs more support.

But this build completely shuts down conditions for your group. Some nice healing which adds up over time, good might stacking. Ugh I love it.
    That actually looks insane. Haven't played my mesmer since I hit 80 with her but I might just give this a try.

It would make condi necros in your party sad though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bow to your new overloaded overlords!

http://www.tentonhammer.com/news/gui...mpest-revealed
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    That actually looks insane. Haven't played my mesmer since I hit 80 with her but I might just give this a try.

It would make condi necros in your party sad though.
    Cond cap is 1500 and my primary conditions are confusion and burn

- - - Updated - - -

Tempest got shouts? That was unexpected

Yea... it all sounds interesting. Looking forward to PoI and whenever I actually get to try it out in game.

Cond cap is 1500 and my primary conditions are confusion and burn

- - - Updated - - -

Nah I meant Resistance, for a second I thought it actually removed conditions but it only makes them ineffective.

Menders purity and null field remove them. Plus resistance

The only other weapon I would've liked for Ele is greatsword, so I think I'll probably stick to staff.

I don't know how I feel about being locked out of an attunement after overcharging it, we'll see.

Tempest sounds incredible. What a neat concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Tempest sounds incredible. What a neat concept.
    My thoughts exactly, it sounds really fun and interesting. I even like the set-up with the overloads, they sound like they'll be strong enough players will want to use them even with the CD on the atunement which results. I am curious if you are automatically switched to a different attunement or if everything just goes on CD. Auto switching could be problematic. Also nice that the CD is still affected by the fresh air trait.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW...6AKS5HpACcmF-e

Updated my glamour PvE build.

Runes and sigils are flexible. For food went with boon duration.

For PvP this is potent in group battles. 8/10 sec CD chaos storms (only because of weapon swap CD) is HUGE. The resistance from glamours is AMAZING with current condition meta. I wouldn't use the exact set up I have for PvE for PvP but the core concept yes it's group PvP decent.

For PvP I would go with this

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW...BA8EAy9iAoUZAA

Portal acts like a pseudo stun breaker. You can activate while stunned. Set this up preemptively and once activated you teleport to safety and gain resistance in case any conditions are on you. You can replace it for any other stun breaker though (you really want at least one stun breaker). I wouldn't use runes of the warrior as you won't always swap on the dot in PvP.
    Last edited by zito; 2015-07-23 at 10:19 PM.

People are extremely toxic on the official forums. You suggest using gear besides berserker and you get burned like a witch

10+ Year Old Account
    People are extremely toxic on the official forums. You suggest using gear besides berserker and you get burned like a witch
    Don't give a shit about those people. Most of them simply parroting min/maxing bullshit without thinking about.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

If you enable Two Factor Authentication on your account today, you'll get the Mini Mystical Dragon mailed to you. For people who already have Two Factor Authentication, you'll be getting your mini tomorrow.

Just go to https://account.arena.net/login to enable it under your Account Security.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    If you enable Two Factor Authentication on your account today, you'll get the Mini Mystical Dragon mailed to you. For people who already have Two Factor Authentication, you'll be getting your mini tomorrow.

Just go to https://account.arena.net/login to enable it under your Account Security.
    awesome TY, im glad they have a PC program for this.. ad i dont have a smartphone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Sweet! Might as well set this up later today.