15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    I think it was "filler" they had to produce X number of episodes and this was the best they could do. There's a reason GRRM has taken 8 years to finish book 6. Quality writing takes time.
    He has been writing other stuff for the past 8 years. That's the reason or he just doesn't want to write the book.

This is what he has been writing since Dance of the Dragons in 2011:

The Wit and Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister 2013 Quote collection from A Song of Ice and Fire
    The Princess and the Queen Novella A Song of Ice and Fire, prequels[140][141]
    The Rogue Prince 2014
    The World of Ice & Fire Reference book The history of Westeros, with Elio M. García Jr. and Linda Antonsson
    The Ice Dragon Young adult illustrated novel Reworked version of the original novel published in 1980, illustrated by Luis Royo[142]
    A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms 2015 Collection compilation of the first three Tales of Dunk and Egg[143]
    The Sons of the Dragon 2017 Novella A Song of Ice and Fire, prequel[144][145]
    Fire & Blood 2018 Reference book & novella collection The history of House Targaryen
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I wonder what girls, if any, are preggars? Dany certainly, maybe Arya.
    I guess Sam, by virtue of the only one left alive, is the last Lord Commander of the Nights Watch.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Chelly
    I have so many questions. These characters are literally retarded. So many idiotic decisions. So much dumb plot armor shit. So fucking dark. So much shaky cam.
    Why the fuck did Bran warg into a raven and do fuckall?
    How didn't Sam, Brianne, Jaimie and a bunch of other characters die while being gangbanged by undeads?
    How the fuck did Jon, Jorah and Arya sneak past A FUCKING WALL OF UNDEAD?
    Why the everloving hell did Dany land her goddamn dragon in the middle of an undead army?
    How the hell did Arya just "heh nothing personnel" shadowstep her way behind NK?
    What the hell was the point with the Dothraki suicide charge?
    Why was the army in FRONT of the walls instead of behind them?

At least the music was good.
    Last edited by Chelly; 2019-04-29 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    On reddit someone praised the red witch for lighting fires so that they could see what was going on.
    LMAO, yeah.
    then the night king stole arthas' trick to get past the trench-barricade.

The World of Ice and Fire alone must have taken a good number of years, it truly is comparable to Silmarillion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    The World of Ice and Fire alone must have taken a good number of years, it truly is comparable to Silmarillion.
    70% of it was written by the other authors. And it's only 300 something pages.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Ye I see were being accused of being edgelords for at least hoping ice and fire sticks to it's principles and honours the world it spent so much time crafting which is why it was popular in the first place. I don't mind the forces of "good" ultimately winning, I don't mind Arya being the killer. What I do mind is all the set up that there would be repercussions for ignoring the real danger and bickering for the throne resulting in ah actually don't worry Arya will stab him GG and high five.

Did Lyanna survive ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernut View Post
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/jennaguilla...-foreshadowing

I found this interesting. Probably will be torn apart by edgelords - but I really enjoyed the episode and was super happy to see Arya save the day. Now the remaining episodes can focus on the few remaining moves in the "Game" aspect.
    But what “game” aspect? All the political intrigue and plotting is gone. It’s really just Cersei vs every other person in Westeros at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    I found the way Arya killed the Night King believable. She was trained by the world's greatest stealth assassins. Her abilities were perfectly suited to pull off a moment like that.

I also don't think the Night King is someone you can take in a fair fight. If Jon did manage to make it to him, he would probably be dead in seconds.
    Did we watch the same shit? What happened in the library? Ohh yeah, thats right! Even the wrights could hear her blood dripping, however, outside, white walkers, even NK can't hear her? Come on man!
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    70% of it was written by the other authors. And it's only 300 something pages.
    It wasn't written by Elio and Linda, they compiled existing references and he wrote on top of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Cersei have green eyes in the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Did Lyanna survive ?
    I dont think she did, but she went out like a total badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    And tbh I'm really not sure how drawing out an expose on how the NK dies really makes it anymore entertaining than seeing Arya ninja in out of nowhere and get it done. But too each edgelord their own.
    Because this is not supposed to be your shitty weekly CW teenage drama show. But I guess anyone that wants a decent story is an edgelord.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Does Cersei have green eyes in the show?
    Yes she has green eyes. She's next for plot-armor-goddess Arya.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    It wasn't written by Elio and Linda, they compiled existing references and he wrote on top of them.
    Yeah, well - the point being that of the writing workload of that book, GRRM only did 30%. So about 100 pages, minus the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    Why don't you go back and re-watch Melissandre's scenes dealing with Jon or Dany and tell me how many times she mentions Azor Ahai in reference to either of them. Spoiler: none
    Hmmm I put it on my list! that would be 3 or 4 chapters of seasons 6 and 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Did Lyanna survive ?
    She's dead as fuck. Even gets risen by the Night King.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who was the 'brown eyes' Arya has already killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I have so many questions. These characters are literally retarded. So many idiotic decisions. So much dumb plot armor shit. So fucking dark. So much shaky cam.
    Why the fuck did Bran warg into a raven and do fuckall?
    How didn't Sam, Brianne, Jaimie and a bunch of other characters die while being gangbanged by undeads?
    How the fuck did Jon, Jorah and Arya sneak past A FUCKING WALL OF UNDEAD?
    Why the everloving hell did Dany land her goddamn dragon in the middle of an undead army?
    How the hell did Arya just "heh nothing personnel" shadowstep her way behind NK?
    What the hell was the point with the Dothraki suicide charge?
    Why was the army in FRONT of the walls instead of behind them?

At least the music was good.
    Yeah, from the start lol. For example why not fire more with the trebuchets to thin out a bit more of the rushing horde before sending in the Screamers blindly. Also, you are fighting a guy who can raise the dead, not sure if the crypts was the best place to hideout lol. All in all though, for me the most exciting part of the season is over. I have always found Cersi to be the most boring character int he book and on the show so for me the rest of the season I'll take take it as it comes.