Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Where can I find an updated list of all current trinkets values?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

hmm well i can tell you that:

hc wrath
    normal wrath
    hc vial
    hc starcatcher
    LFR wrath
    hc matrix
    normal vial
    normal starcatcher
    hc hungerer
    normal matrix
    LFR vial
    LFR starcatcher
    normal hungerer
    kyroptiric sigil

Deleted
    Nice update on the guide

Some tips for the tips for bosses:

Morchok:
    -When walking to a crystal you can either dump all your focus (Arcane Shots on the move) or switch to Fox and get some focus back, with first you lose the least dps ofc
    Zon'Ozz:
    -Minimum range is very annoying on this fight, prepare your healers with the fact that you cant stand on the boss at all during the heavy damage phase.
    Yor'Sahj:
    -This boss doesnt move at all and there are tons of adds with the black ooze up: Use your explosive trap on this fight instead of Black Arrow!
    Hagara:
    -
    Ultraxion:
    -Traps dont work on this one as he is always flying above ground.
    -I always dumped some focus while he was casting Hour of Twilight so I can use my ability less than a second before the cast is done.
    Blackhorn:
    -Pets are annoying on this one
    -You can pretty much be in Fox all of p1, so you can soak a large amount of dmg, but dont kill yourself with it
    Spine:
    -Pets are incredibly annoying on this one.
    -Put an explosive trap down if your tank doesnt move too much with the amalgation
    -Use your CD macro on the first burning tendon, BL/TW/Hero on second and you could have Rapid Fire back again, but I had many fights to that it wasnt up yet.
    Madness:
    -Without Nozdormu the bolt with hit the ground, detterence just before impact should reduce all your dmg you take from it.
    -Without Nozdormu when the bolt hit the ground you can also spam TAB/whatever button is target closest and you should have 2 seconds of dps time already before it hits the ground.

These things I found out during the fights/read on the interwebs and were really useful for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    hmm well i can tell you that:

hc wrath
    normal wrath
    hc vial
    hc starcatcher
    LFR wrath
    hc matrix
    normal vial
    normal starcatcher
    hc hungerer
    normal matrix
    LFR vial
    LFR starcatcher
    normal hungerer
    kyroptiric sigil
    Is this from a simulated run in BiS gear? How can LFR Vial be so far down and HC Vial be so far up when the proc on LFR Vial is incredibly overtuned?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    Is this from a simulated run in BiS gear? How can LFR Vial be so far down and HC Vial be so far up when the proc on LFR Vial is incredibly overtuned?
    there's very little difference from hc vial down to hc matrix, it's mainly the pure agility that wins it for those trinkets and the proc is the difference between hc vial and starcatcher.

guide really needs to be redone for 4.3, it really is impposible to stay around 757 haste for one, 2nd there is a gun for dwarfs in DS and if they cant get it, transmog a weapon into one. this guide talks too much about firelands really seems nothing was changed just a bit added.

Quote Originally Posted by lazybum View Post
    guide really needs to be redone for 4.3, it really is impposible to stay around 757 haste for one, 2nd there is a gun for dwarfs in DS and if they cant get it, transmog a weapon into one. this guide talks too much about firelands really seems nothing was changed just a bit added.
    transmogging a weapon to a gun will not get your the racial bonus, for dwarves or trolls. But yes will redo the other things: thanks for pointing them out

Quote Originally Posted by Spottswoode View Post
    I don't really know tbh. I have struggled to do better dps on that fight in our 10 man, so this parse kinda came from nowhere. The only thing I did different was to roll serp on both tentacles and the bloods regenned once on the last platform so I got a few more multi's off on them.
    I always do massively higher dps in LFR compared to my 10 man raid group... By massively i'm talking 15-25% and we normally do the aspects in the same order so it has nothing to do with that. This is despite the fact i'm normally playing with about 5 fps in LFR too.....

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    transmogging a weapon to a gun will not get your the racial bonus, for dwarves or trolls. But yes will redo the other things: thanks for pointing them out
    either way i have always hated the noise from a gun so i never used them if i had a choice lol

any chance someone would put together a bis slot 397 list with a 2nd option for each slot pre hardmodes. my guild wont see hardmodes and would like to see someone who is better with the math and all to do a list. tho really i suppose its all pretty common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I always do massively higher dps in LFR compared to my 10 man raid group... By massively i'm talking 15-25% and we normally do the aspects in the same order so it has nothing to do with that. This is despite the fact i'm normally playing with about 5 fps in LFR too.....
    This would be because the claw tentacle takes alot more extra damage in LFR than in normal after the aspects starts channeling into him (for cataclysm). I've seen 250K death strikes on my DK tank in LFR, leading me to believe its a 300-400% modifier towards the end, rather than a 200%.
    Also, the adds on last platform are aoeable, but in 10 man theres only 3, so not worth it. In 25 man, 5-8 can easily spawn close enough together, and they proc spellweave (hint - this is probably where he has his high spellweave numbers from).
    Also, LFR, bloods might regen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    The thing is, I'm quite convinced thats not how Crit works. And if it does, then mastery has to work in much the same way - which it doesn't. It actually increases in value per point.
    I think what Soulitude wanted to make clear is that crit rating always diminishes in value. Reason being.. critical strike rating makes the non-critical strike damage potion of your damage better. In World of Warcraft, shots (and hits and nukes for other classes) that already crit are unaffected by crit rating.. there's no double-crit. So the more crits you score, the less non-crits you have. And the less value even more crit rating will have.
    Mastery on the other hand doesn't work like like that, it's just a linear increase.

Deleted
    Does anyone know which adds in DS are triggering Frost Trap, so you can force additional LnL-Procs?

Quote Originally Posted by lazybum View Post
    any chance someone would put together a bis slot 397 list with a 2nd option for each slot pre hardmodes. my guild wont see hardmodes and would like to see someone who is better with the math and all to do a list. tho really i suppose its all pretty common sense.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...for-Regular-DS

Quote Originally Posted by Eillyn View Post
    I think what Soulitude wanted to make clear is that crit rating always diminishes in value. Reason being.. critical strike rating makes the non-critical strike damage potion of your damage better. In World of Warcraft, shots (and hits and nukes for other classes) that already crit are unaffected by crit rating.. there's no double-crit. So the more crits you score, the less non-crits you have. And the less value even more crit rating will have.
    Mastery on the other hand doesn't work like like that, it's just a linear increase.
    This is very incorrect information. Crit is linear. Going from 52-53% crit is the same gain as going from 1-2% crit.

Edit: Statistically speaking of course. You could very well have 52% crit rating and only have a 48% crit chance in actuality. Yet that is RNG taken into effect.

crit is indeed linear: mastery is not.

This is the big misconception, crit is always worth the same amount no matter how much you have (ofc not counting 100% crit) but it's OTHER stats that gain in value as crit increases.

Tbh, the talent spec is not optimal for raiding. Sure Point of no Escape (6% crit on targets affected by frost traps) sounds nice, but it is not worth wasting a GCD for 95% of all times. You would hardly ever use a frost trap in a raiding encounter. Putting the 2 points in for example ''hunter vs wild'' gives you 10% more stamina and is a good deal since our survivability is lacking anyway, and affects us during the entire encounter, and there are definitly fights in DS where 10% more health can come in handy.
    All other options, including point of no escape, are pretty much worthless since they either wont affect us in any way or you wont use it. (talking DS mostly)

Other than that it is a really solid guide.
    Last edited by Donkeywing; 2011-12-28 at 08:00 PM.

10% more hp will only help if your healers are struggling

Point of no escape is actually very beneficial in burst aoe situations as you can lay it beforehand and the extra 6% crit will help a lot in for example yor'sahj and madness.

There are ALOT of situations where you will wipe because of healing. Laying a frost trap beforehand on yor'sahj heroic is bad. That fight is all about maximizing bossdps and 6% crit for adds is not really prefered over a few extra shots on boss instead. Yes adds would die 0.5 sec faster but you could get more dps on boss otherwise. Yor'sahj normal is not worth mentioning since the adds are non-issue there.

Madness heroic could(?) be usefull, but on normal it is a waste since they die in like 3sec?

Having ~15k more health is way more usefull, ESPECIALLY on single target fights (and that is how you refer the talentchoice, as best ST). Even if I'm wrong and it is actually better to lay down Ftrap beforehand, this talentbuild is definitely not best in tight single target fights.
    Just to shed another light over talents really, Hunter vs Wild is definitely a viable talent to put your points in.
    Last edited by Donkeywing; 2011-12-28 at 10:05 PM.