Deleted

Disc Priest: Necromantic Focus???

I'm a shadow priest but sometimes I heal as disc and I've just got the Necromantic Focus today. I'm wondering what do you think about using it as a disc priest too. You cast SW:P and DP on the boss and you get the extra +420 mastery bonus. Then you would only need to refresh one of the 2 DoTs to keep the effect up. +383 intellect +420 mastery being a disc priest is awesome. I'm not saying this item should be rolled by healing priests, but considering I already have it, do you think it's stupid what I've said?

Excuse my poor english and thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are attonement speced it would be even easier to maintain the proc with Holy Fire seeing how it has 10 seconds duration while Holy Fire dot lasts for 7 seconds you would have enough time to refresh it.

High intellect on it is also great, so use it if you don't have anything better.

Deleted
    I'm not attonement specced I don't like that spec :P

10+ Year Old Account
    then if you're not atonement spec it would mean a loss in heals/shields while trying to put up your dots, DO use it if you have nothing better though; it has a lot of intellect
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by ODDLAWL View Post
    then if you're not atonement spec it would mean a loss in heals/shields while trying to put up your dots, DO use it if you have nothing better though; it has a lot of intellect
    A ha! It finally all makes sense. The devs get rid of Starshards because they saw how OP it would be with this trinket! This proves that they had been working on Firelands since BC.

Hello guys, here is my story about this trinket. I am playing Discipline spec as my favorite and always specced for A/A. My guild raids 25-man. Two days ago we killed Baleroc and 3(three) of those Necromantic Focus trinkets dropped... Only 2 of our caster dpsers took trinkets for their MS, and another Holy Priest took 3rd one for his OS. The next day i did some research at target dummy and discovered that with my haste i got 8 ticks from single Holy Fire. So i decided to take this trinket for my MS as i am stacking mastery. Fortunately that Holy Priest logged off early and still had 2 hours trade window available, so he traded that to me. When i asked guild master to charge me 10 dkp for this trinket, half of the guild was laughing at me

Yesterday we tried Shannox HC and i used trinket at that fight. With raid buffed haste i got 9 stacks of Soul Fragment from single Holy Fire Spell. Maintaining stacks was easy for me as i have a habit to cast Holy Fire every cooldown. According to logs, during the kill try on Shannox (5:47) Soul Fragment buff was active on me 92% of the time. So now i can say this is best throughput trinket for Discipline A/A specced priest. And i will roll on heroic version of it without any doubts, competing with the rest of dpsers.
    Last edited by Timosfen; 2011-07-15 at 10:54 AM.

I'm fairly sure this trinket will be, or is, BiS for a Disc Priest from a throughput PoV. Which means, take it. You'll be smiting to get archangel every cooldown anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Timosfen View Post
    Yesterday we tried Shannox HC and i used trinket at that fight. With raid buffed haste i got 9 stacks of Soul Fragment from single Holy Fire Spell. Maintaining stacks was easy for me as i have a habit to cast Holy Fire every cooldown. According to logs, during the kill try on Shannox (5:47) Soul Fragment buff was active on me 92% of the time. So now i can say this is best throughput trinket for Discipline A/A specced priest. And i will roll on heroic version of it without any doubts, competing with the rest of dpsers.
    Same for me, 90% on Majordomo.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    A ha! It finally all makes sense. The devs get rid of Starshards because they saw how OP it would be with this trinket! This proves that they had been working on Firelands since BC.
    I was just reminiscing about starshards the other day.

Edit:

Also, if you're healing the raid without AA you're doing it wrong.
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?