Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Hai, not sure this is the right place to ask but I need answers semi quick.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pheta/advanced is my char and I more or less need input on what I should spec and if I should do anything special with the gear I have available.
    So to the question, I'm going to be healing spine hc with that char, got a resto druid and resto shaman as "partners" and I've been asked to go holy and will mostly focus on clearing debuffs and such now, what is the best way of going to clear the debuffs and keep people alive both in spell usage and specs and gearing. (I do have 3.1k valor points and can do LFR to hope I get something in there if need be) Thanks in advance and I hope I get some help
    Spirit is your absolute best friend on Spine. Spirit, spirit and more spirit! Mastery is going to be your 2nd best stat as you'll have very little EoL overheal. Haste isn't really important and Crit is actually beneficial. Don't be afraid to use Guardian Spirit on someone low HP with high Searing left. 4pc healing set will also be amazing if you can get it. For 10m you'll probably just stay in HW:Serenity the entire time using your crit bonus to heal up the debuff targets. Always keep renew on them and try to use Heal with GHeal together, spamming either won't really get you to the end efficiently.

Tell them bitches to use Lightwell when they have Searing! It's amazing for that. Try to use CoH & PoM on CD on targets with Searing, or near CD. Not really sure how well it works in 10m compared to 25. http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bchZfubrRobkfdoob
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Spirit is your absolute best friend on Spine. Spirit, spirit and more spirit! Mastery is going to be your 2nd best stat as you'll have very little EoL overheal. Haste isn't really important and Crit is actually beneficial. Don't be afraid to use Guardian Spirit on someone low HP with high Searing left. 4pc healing set will also be amazing if you can get it. For 10m you'll probably just stay in HW:Serenity the entire time using your crit bonus to heal up the debuff targets. Always keep renew on them and try to use Heal with GHeal together, spamming either won't really get you to the end efficiently.

Tell them bitches to use Lightwell when they have Searing! It's amazing for that. Try to use CoH & PoM on CD on targets with Searing, or near CD. Not really sure how well it works in 10m compared to 25. http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bchZfubrRobkfdoob
    Many thanks for the quick reply, now off to do LFR to test my luck and learn to heal as holy

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Many thanks for the quick reply, now off to do LFR to test my luck and learn to heal as holy
    In LFR you're going to use HW:Sanc on CD pretty much on Spine and a lot of fights. 10m Holy healing is very different from 25s. Just a heads up.

Oh and I just so happened to check MMO right after you posted, didn't even notice the time

As far as how to heal as holy on 10 heroic spine, if you're clearing searing plasma:

1) Chakra Serenity
    2) Renew your target, Holy Word Serenity, then Ghealx2
    3) If you have the debuff or if you are missing health in general, take every opportunity you can and use Binding Heal
    4) CoH whenever worth it, don't spam it on CD.

PoM has mixed results, it depends on how the tanks are situated. If it's not bouncing much don't bother with it.

Overall, Gheal is your bread and butter along with Binding Heal. For handling AoE damage don't bother swapping chakras, just Binding Heal / PoH if at least three people in a group have Searing Plasma or are not topped off. If you're doing it right, your raid should have at most 2 Searing Plasmas out at for most of the fight, with spurts of more on an occasion.

I suggest begging for tide early and often, and saving your hymn/fiend for the second nuking Amalgamation.
    I ended up regemming for this fight to give me a bit more spirit.

Deleted
    Thanks Themos, thats what I was planning on doing it but because I got quite low spirit I might have to shift some things around.

Yea, you're well over 1500 combat regen below where you need to be for this fight. That definitely is a lot.

To help, Id completely reforge out of Haste if I were you. Mastery and Crit trump it for this fight. The mod reforgelite is great if you're not using it. Install the mod, then go talk to the reforge NPC. You should get a window that pops up. From the drop down click on Priest->Holy and then manually set the secondary stat weights. Set Spirit to 200, Mastery to 160, Crit to 140, Haste to 120, and Hit to 100 and click on calculate a couple times. Once you do that, click show and a new window should pop up with some gear check boxed. Accept the reforge changes it suggests, and it'll do it all for you. If you need to go back to shadow, you can preset it to what you need to make it much easier.

Aside from that, you may have to talk to your Resto druid and ask them to give you their Innervates for this fight.
    Put Lightwell in a good spot, and tell anyone who has Searing Plasma to click on it.

Good luck!

We just started doing this guy this week finally. A two night a week schedule really blows for progression. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Yea, you're well over 1500 combat regen below where you need to be for this fight. That definitely is a lot.

To help, Id completely reforge out of Haste if I were you. Mastery and Crit trump it for this fight. The mod reforgelite is great if you're not using it. Install the mod, then go talk to the reforge NPC. You should get a window that pops up. From the drop down click on Priest->Holy and then manually set the secondary stat weights. Set Spirit to 200, Mastery to 160, Crit to 140, Haste to 120, and Hit to 100 and click on calculate a couple times. Once you do that, click show and a new window should pop up with some gear check boxed. Accept the reforge changes it suggests, and it'll do it all for you. If you need to go back to shadow, you can preset it to what you need to make it much easier.

Aside from that, you may have to talk to your Resto druid and ask them to give you their Innervates for this fight.
    Put Lightwell in a good spot, and tell anyone who has Searing Plasma to click on it.

Good luck!

We just started doing this guy this week finally. A two night a week schedule really blows for progression. :/
    Ye the priest is my alt thats MS shadow and our pally healing that is far better geard for the fight is off on holiday so I ended up healing it of course Worst case scenario we take it a week later.

Mazi, mazi, I love you. I miss you. Please come back.

Bump to hold onto for now, while losing its place as a sticky.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Breaking the rules with moderator bumps, or something

I love you Kel. I haven't gone anywhere! I've been reading beta stuff but haven't played enough to really contribute I felt. I haven't decided if I'm going to update my guide for MoP - Do you think I should?

If I get enough interest I definitely will.

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 09:26 PM ----------

Oh yeah.. I broke my foot.. fractured 5th metatarsal Life is tough when you have 1 leg, lemme tell you. There is so much you take for granted in life, haha.. but you'll be happy to know that it happened on the 4th due to Harry Potter duels with roman candles

Mazi:

I would vote YES for a MOP-flavored guide like this one. If you have the time to make one. Because this one was awesome, and it doesn't look like there will be a lot of differences for Holy in MoP - you may even be able to re-use most of it. Well, apart from the talent trees, some minor glyphs and a general power-down, of course.

As for your leg: ouch.
    Try http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Brackium_Emendo , it seems like a fitting cure. Just be careful with that pronounciation.

Also: bump
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

I definitely think you should, Mazi. Most def. But I also love you, even if you tried to hurt yourself with explosives. Please don't go, I'll miss you too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Mazi:

I would vote YES for a MOP-flavored guide like this one. If you have the time to make one. Because this one was awesome, and it doesn't look like there will be a lot of differences for Holy in MoP - you may even be able to re-use most of it. Well, apart from the talent trees, some minor glyphs and a general power-down, of course.

As for your leg: ouch.
    Try http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Brackium_Emendo , it seems like a fitting cure. Just be careful with that pronounciation.

Also: bump
    Hahha... thanks for that spell. I think I got hit with Stupefy...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I definitely think you should, Mazi. Most def. But I also love you, even if you tried to hurt yourself with explosives. Please don't go, I'll miss you too much.
    Well I know you love me.. (although I do like hearing it)

I probably will revamp it.. and I will reuse most of what I already have because the concepts to triage healing, raid healing, etc will never change.

TBH I felt kind of sad when I went to the forums and saw it unstickied :'( ...but seeing this definitely made me

Kel, you should send me some outside contact info <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Mazi! Do it

This thread is great!

Thank you thank you... the Steam Summer Sale may prevent me from doing this though LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    I love you Kel. I haven't gone anywhere! I've been reading beta stuff but haven't played enough to really contribute I felt. I haven't decided if I'm going to update my guide for MoP - Do you think I should?

If I get enough interest I definitely will.

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 09:26 PM ----------

Oh yeah.. I broke my foot.. fractured 5th metatarsal Life is tough when you have 1 leg, lemme tell you. There is so much you take for granted in life, haha.. but you'll be happy to know that it happened on the 4th due to Harry Potter duels with roman candles
    You nerd. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    You nerd. <3
    I am and you all love it <3

Mazi... with a broken foot you should probably stop rolling over so much and stuff... that can't possibly be good for the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Mazi... with a broken foot you should probably stop rolling over so much and stuff... that can't possibly be good for the foot.

yes'm... *hangs head*