Page 37 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Well, we only have another 4 months and 27 days until A Memory of Light comes out. I am almost finished Towers of Midnight surprisingly, I went through several chapters pretty fast mid week because I was home sick. It's been a great read and I am interested to see just how the series ends. I might read A New Spring afterwords to pass the time.
    I was hoping to stretch the last couple out at least till Nov. or so, but I blew through the last 4-5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Rereading The Hobbit to brush up for December.

Deleted
    Almost done with A Clash of Kings, then going to move on to A Storm of Swords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakha View Post
    then going to move on to A Storm of Swords.
    It's generally considered the best in the series so far, and with good reason. It's really great.

OT: Perfume: The Story of a Murderer.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    I was hoping to stretch the last couple out at least till Nov. or so, but I blew through the last 4-5.
    I blew through The Gathering Storm and Towers of Midnight at a surprising pace. They were both really good reads, because I normally don't go through two books that span over 1000 pages each in less then 2 months.

Deleted
    I am re-reading Bilbo for the 5th time. Such an awesome book!

I am reading Stormrage and the Children of Húrin. Two awesome books

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading Battle Royale, watched the movie a few months back and of course we all know books are better than the movie...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Reading Battle Royale, watched the movie a few months back and of course we all know books are better than the movie...
    With the exception of Forrest Gump, yes.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    It's generally considered the best in the series so far, and with good reason. It's really great.

OT: Perfume: The Story of a Murderer.
    Actually this is the point where a lot of people are losing confidence in GRRM. It' here where the story and the storyline stagnate.

Finished Inheritance, and I have to say it was well done. I all liked pretty much everything about it Now I am contemplating what to read next. Thinking maybe the new Neverwinter series.

I picked up "The Emotional Life of your Brain" after hearing about it on NPR's Diane Rehm show a while ago. Psychology fascinates me.

I still haven't started it yet, but it'll be the next one I read (outside school reading).

Island of Dr Moreau, H.G. Wells
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Deleted
    "Age of Darkness" - a Horus Heresy book containing several short stories.

Just finished reading "The Reality Dysfunction" by Peter.F.Hamilton

Deleted
    Reading the Imperial series by Mark Robson, starting off with Imperial Spy: http://www.markrobsonauthor.com/books/imperial-spy/

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished Guilty Pleasures and now onto The Laughing Corpse by Laurell K. Hamilton

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    Actually this is the point where a lot of people are losing confidence in GRRM. It' here where the story and the storyline stagnate.
    You sure you don't mean AFFC? The widespread belief seems to be that Storm was his magnum opus. Most (the bulk) of the criticism I've seen is due to Feast and Dance.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-08-19 at 06:27 PM.

Nightmares & Dreamscapes - A short story collection by Stephen King. Next up is probably The Hero With a Thousand Faces, by Joseph Campbell.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    You sure you don't mean AFFC? The widespread belief seems to be that Storm was his magnum opus. Most (the bulk) of the criticism I've seen is due to Feast and Dance.
    And most of that unwarranted.

ASOS is a hard act to follow. Couple that with the odd, stilted nature of the next 2 books (that should really be one huge one), and you get people thinking they're not very good. They are much better than everyone's first impression - mine included.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished "Old Man's War," now I'm not sure if I should read "Childhood's End" or "Mein Kampf" next.