I wouldn't mind if all designer get a biology class before they starting to draw living things

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    I wouldn't mind if all designer get a biology class before they starting to draw living things
    There's no xenobiology class. Earthly biology is irrelevant.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Any date for open beta?

hey guys , fast question , is closed beta client same as stress test client ? im downloading closed beta client at the moment and saw an option to switch client mode between closed and stress but i didnt dare to click it

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Question: does anyone complained about graphics yet? Because of all the complaing about WoW and it's "childish" graphics..
    I've seen a few people say they won't play it because of the graphics being cartoonish, how much truth there is to it when people say that who knows. Personally I love the theme Carbine is going with, it reminds me of Ratchet and Clank and it was my favorite series on the PS2.

Biggest thing for me when it comes to graphics isn't the style, it's how it all flows together. Do the landscapes match the npc/pc models? Do the enemies fit in with both landscape and characters? Most games do a pretty good job of it, but there have been a few where cartoon and realism have been mixed and it's extremely immersion breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Some people can't get past thinking cartoony equals childish.

Not that most western cartoons these days are doing anything to dispel that notion, when anything that isn't an episodic comedy can and will get cancelled without warning.
    Anything that isn't Johnny Test humor will get canceled. Ugh, it makes me sick to my stomach when there was such great dramatic and even comedic shows with a coherent plot, but of course they get canceled. But I digress.

I love the style, personally. Then again, I'm a huge cartoon fan. Just because it's cartoony, doesn't mean it's child-oriented. (See: South Park? Anyone?)

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by dadori View Post
    hey guys , fast question , is closed beta client same as stress test client ? im downloading closed beta client at the moment and saw an option to switch client mode between closed and stress but i didnt dare to click it
    I don't think so, they are separate clients..i think. But there is NO WAY I would click it...stick with the closed beta client

P.S. If you need a friend I am here
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindr View Post
    Any date for open beta?
    I wouldn't count on this game to have an open beta.

You will most likely see Closed beta under NDA --> Closed Beta w NDA Lifted --> Early Access --> Release

They are simply going to ramp up closed beta as it goes on and invite more and more people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closed beta client and stress test client are the same client. They have already stated they will be doing an open beta (check for Gaffney's statement on this) very close to release - they don't want people to burn themselves out on endgame before release. Even in closed beta, expect very little endgame testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tindr View Post
    Any date for open beta?
    There is no date as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dadori View Post
    The clients are the same. Its the key you entered on your NCSoft account that determines whether you have access only to Stress Tests or everything.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So if you're the developers of Wildstar (or any other MMO) and you don't want such huge disparities between the populations of each race then you design them to appeal to "young horny teenage boys".
    I totally agree with this. Everytime I ask a guy who plays female toons in MMOs why he does it the response is almost always "If I have to look at a character for hours upon hours then I'd rather stare at a 'hot' character"

Attractive female races will draw lots of attention from both males and females. However, unattractive female races will not.
    I find alot of guys who play girl toons but my wife is one of those rare females who play male characters (I dont typically run into many of them) and its pretty hilarious.

Her priest: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Rhook/simple

Also WoW has Racials which can effect the decision of which character to play. The human racial has always been pretty amazing on the alliance side.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've accepted "enhanced" body geometry as a part and parcel result of many developers not getting enough action in their school years. Who just so happen to be making products which may, completely coincidentally of course, strongly appeal to those who are currently not getting enough action in their school years.

I find alot of guys who play girl toons but my wife is one of those rare females who play male characters (I dont typically run into many of them) and its pretty hilarious.
    I play male characters about 90% of the time.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

is this going to turn into one of those why do males play female characters type thread again?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    is this going to turn into one of those why do males play female characters type thread again?
    No let's not do that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    No let's not do that
    Awwwww...

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Why is Arthas' mount called Invincible if you can see it? One of these threads?
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Awwwww...

Not a corgi.

Infract.

INFRACT!!!
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Not a corgi.

Infract.

INFRACT!!!
    DONT WORRY I GOT THIS!

corgi to the rescue

everythings good now

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    I totally agree with this. Everytime I ask a guy who plays female toons in MMOs why he does it the response is almost always "If I have to look at a character for hours upon hours then I'd rather stare at a 'hot' character"

Attractive female races will draw lots of attention from both males and females. However, unattractive female races will not.
    Well, the counter-point to this is that even if few players choose a race, it might make more sense to have the extra option so you can attract the minority.

For example, let's say that 70% of people prefer vanilla ice cream, 20% of people prefer chocolate ice cream, and 10% prefer strawberry. If you are an ice cream shop and you want to sell three flavors of ice cream, what should you sell?

1. 3 flavors of vanilla?
    2. 2 flavors of vanilla and 1 of chocolate?
    3. vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry

Even if only 10% of the audience cares for strawberry, it might be better to offer strawberry, provided the other types are covered. Vanilla lovers still have vanilla in choice 3, while in choice 1 and 2, the strawberry people simply do not patronize your shop.

(Ignore for a moment that volume matters in ice cream. Volume doesn't matter when discussing virtual items.)

What I'm trying to get at is that it doesn't really matter that the majority of people play humans/elves/miq'uote. The female dwarves/tauren/lalafells/etc are the strawberry ice cream. Their goal is attract customers who desire something outside the mainstream.