Deleted
    For me the theme of the Dominion is the best part of the lore overall. Are the evil? Someone could say that, but I don't think so, for me they are just unscrupulous and pragmatic in achieving their goals. Each of the Dominions races has obvious gigantic flaws, but on the other hand this same flaws are the main factor that pushes them to succeed. IMO they are 10 times more interesting that the classic romanticized ragtag band of misfits that are the Exiles (except the Mordesh that break the mold a bit).

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Aren't both factions evil?
    I don't think either of them are evil. Morality is a larger and not really useful discussion on these boards, but there's a pretty huge difference when a race of divine beings literally tells you to go out and take over the world. This isn't relying on an ancient book, conjecture with no proof, this is gods being in physical form telling you they are going away and you need to take over the universe while they're gone. Can you really judge someone for doing just that? Pretty grey if you ask me. *devils advocate*
    BAD WOLF

Its hard for some people to go through the dominion starting zone when you have to evict people from their homes, shit on their spirits and burn down their gardens of sacred trees. Not all people mind you but some.

In comparison the exiles are portrayed as the victims to an elite immoral war machine filled with humans with a superiority complex, psychopathic gerbils, cold blooded murderers and unfeeling machines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    In comparison the exiles are portrayed as the victims
    and also they have bunnycatgirls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    And I cannot wait to slaughter as many as I can.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its hard for some people to go through the dominion starting zone when you have to evict people from their homes, shit on their spirits and burn down their gardens of sacred trees. Not all people mind you but some.

In comparison the exiles are portrayed as the victims to an elite immoral war machine filled with humans with a superiority complex, psychopathic gerbils, cold blooded murderers and unfeeling machines.
    Stop providing compelling arguments for me to play Dominion. I want to be an exile dangit. But the way you summarized the experience sounds perfect for my forum personality.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    hatters gonna hat.

Deleted
    , psychopathic gerbils, cold blooded murderers and unfeeling machines.
    That's what makes them interesting.

Deleted
    hatters gonna hat.

Good idea, I will have an Aurin tail hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Alethioandy View Post
    Not sure why no one else has asked this yet, but I'll be brutal and be the first.
    Is divorce an option?

(Also, yes, Dominion is the right answer my friend)

Lol no not a option. However I did convince her to play a Chua now.

I just can not deal with the Exile capital city and the only race I could bring myself to play would be the undead guys... Can't deal with the humans hick accents .. can't stand the kitty anime people.. and the rock guys all look the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Normally I don't pvp much in MMOs but that race alone makes me want to. I want to kill as many of them as I can. To bad they breed like bunnies.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    That's what makes them interesting.
    Im not saying its a bad thing, all I am saying is that some people have a problem with it. These are the people who would make a lawful decision in a video game even if the evil choice is better for the overall game. Not everyone plays the same way. I personally don’t like tree hugger zones that are happy happy joy joy. I can’t force myself to play an aurin male, I get the character designed and I would rather slit my wrists than bastardize it by giving it a permanent name.

There is nothing wrong with a psychotic gerbil telling me in an audio file, “Don’t slip in the blood!”

I just wish more races could be espers.

Looks like a hairy penis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Why would you ever want to kill an Aurin is beyond me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh please.. that's not even a real aurin tail! i can tell from the lack of pink and blue!

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I want to kill as many of them as I can.
    and i will LOVE as many as i can \o/ SO THERE!

that.. that may have come out wrong ._.

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    Looks like a hairy penis.
    usually i think that my mind is screwed up when it comes to stuff like that, but you actually beat me. congrats :I

The hardest part of killing Aurin is skinning the little bastards afterwards.

Im not saying its a bad thing, all I am saying is that some people have a problem with it. These are the people who would make a lawful decision in a video game even if the evil choice is better for the overall game. Not everyone plays the same way. I personally don’t like tree hugger zones that are happy happy joy joy. I can’t force myself to play an aurin male, I get the character designed and I would rather slit my wrists than bastardize it by giving it a permanent name.
    I would say would make the lawful choice... though I suppose it depends on how you define lawful. A lot of people seem to define it as what the world tells you you should do. So like if you were in a town where it was the law everyone had to lie all the time a lawful person would lie so as they didn't break the law. But if you mean lawful as in having a personal code and following it, then yes I agree

The hardest part of killing Aurin is skinning the little bastards afterwards.
    I thought the hardest part was finding a use for that skin. <shrug>

I've gotta admit, I watched a majority of their YouTube videos the other day and was extremely impressed with the number of features Wildstar has. This game is fully-loaded and then some! Achievements, player-housing, warplots, arena, BGs, raids, customization on steroids and anything else you can think of, this game has it all.

I really dig think the science-fiction setting, and I feel that they've achieved the perfect "look" for the characters and world environment. Nexus seems fun and inviting; definitely a place I can see myself spending many hours in.

Unfortunately, all of that was entirely overshadowed by the fact that I find their "aiming" style of combat to be completely off-putting. I'm a traditional tab-target/hotkey fanboi when it comes to MMOs and I've never liked the idea of having to "aim" my abilities at the target.

Wildstar's aiming system is a step up from something like say Tera online, but the telegraphs just look really messy, in my opinion, especially in a raid environment or a situation where you have multiple telegraphs going off at once.

But, despite my dislike for the combat, Wildstar ticks all of the boxes for me. I think the game has a ton to offer to the genre and I hope it lives up to the hype. Sticking to a subscription model and having the original WoW developers working on it are also a big plus in my book.
    Last edited by OneSent; 2014-04-04 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    I've gotta admit, I watched a majority of their YouTube videos the other day and was extremely impressed with the number of features Wildstar has. This game is fully-loaded and then some! Achievements, player-housing, warplots, arena, BGs, raids, customization on steroids and anything else you can think of, this game has it all.

I really dig think the science-fiction setting, and I feel that they've achieved the perfect "look" for the characters and world environment. Nexus seems fun and inviting; definitely a place I can see myself spending many hours in.

Unfortunately, all of that was entirely overshadowed by the fact that I find their "aiming" style of combat to be completely off-putting. I'm a traditional tab-target/hotkey fanboi when it comes to MMOs and I've never liked the idea of having to "aim" my abilities at the target.

Wildstar's aiming system is a step up from something like say Tera online, but the telegraphs just look really messy, in my opinion, especially in a raid environment or a situation where you have multiple telegraphs going off at once.

But, despite my dislike for the combat, Wildstar ticks all of the boxes for me. I think the game has a ton to offer to the genre and I hope it lives up to the hype. Sticking to a subscription model and having the original WoW developers working on it are also a big plus in my book.

You can tab target. There is also an option for target assist (for pve only) haven't tried it but I saw it in the options. You can also turn off friendly telegraphs so you will only see enemy, makes it a lot less cluttered. Once you get used to the targeting combat, it really is a ton of fun. So much to do.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    After a while, I hardly ever noticed friendly telegraphs, including my own.
    I think it's something that's easy to notice in videos, but once you are in the thick of things, you (or at least I) mainly see the red enemy telegraphs.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche