Switching from Holy to Shadow

My main spec is switching from Holy to Shadow since I am now going into a 10man guild to be the swing healer. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I am set up correctly.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary

Keep in mind this is the best I can do with the gear I have. Also, could you link addons that you have found helpful for shadow. Preferably Buff Timers and Dot timers? Thanks!

Looks good to me.

DoT Timers: ShadowTimers This is the mod I prefer these days
    Event Horizon Great mod especially starting shadow. Gives a bar
    display showing DoT durations and ticks. Will also track for different mobs on mouse over.
    Castbar: Gnosis I only use the castbar. Great for perfecting good MF clipping.

Also, I like PowerAuras for getting used to using MB as soon as it comes up

Go get the Hit/Haste Avengers of Hyjal cloak. Also try to stay above 16.50% hit if you're able to. You might consider putting 2 talents in Inner Sanctum (Take 1 out of Mental Agility) for fights like H baleroc.

Thanks for the help. Does anyone else have any other suggestions or addons they find helpful?

If you're using regular UI and showing numbers of HP rather than percents, go get the addon EnemyPercent so you'll know when to SW: Death. It shows the numbers and percents on the regular UI.

I use TellMeWhen for a small bar near my cast bar that shows all my dot timers plus mind blast cooldowns and you can add the long-term cooldowns like shadowfiend and archangel to it too, I just haven't. Best f'in addon ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dathorize View Post
    If you're using regular UI and showing numbers of HP rather than percents, go get the addon EnemyPercent so you'll know when to SW: Death. It shows the numbers and percents on the regular UI.
    You can set the default UI to display percentages, you don't need an addon for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    You can set the default UI to display percentages, you don't need an addon for that.
    Exactly why I said "If you're using regular UI and *showing numbers of HP rather than percents*".

I use Spellflash addon, which flashes your hot bar buttons, as suggestions for what spell to use next. I thought it was great, when I started on Shadow, especially.

Also, be sure to set the lag bar as close to your lag reading, as possible, so you can begin casting next spell, before the last one is done...this will increase your dps, a lot! Any castbar addon should have this feature, like Event Horizon and TellmeWhen, for instance. As for Buff timers, mine are built into my ElvUi, so can't help you there, unless you want the whole package, so to speak...

If you're going into 10-man, you may want to take a point out of Mental Agility and put it in Psychic Horror...doesn't work on bosses, but it's fun to use on some mobs, and helps the raid, for when you can't contribute CC, a little...not necessary, but you really shouldn't have much trouble with mana, in shadow, if you're using Shadow fiend and SWeath...just sayin', there's lots of ways to refresh your mana, as Shadow. Besides, it's fun to watch a mob berserking, with no weapon equipped!

Hey, I got shadowtimers. Is there a way to make it not show Evangelism?

Quote Originally Posted by Dathorize View Post
    Exactly why I said "If you're using regular UI and *showing numbers of HP rather than percents*".
    I am confused ): you said using the regular UI and showing numbers... than said that he should download an addon to see the percents... I was just saying that you don't need an addon to see the percentages.

---------- Post added 2011-08-19 at 08:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Hey, I got shadowtimers. Is there a way to make it not show Evangelism?
    I don't think so, but I haven't really messed with the configuration much.

I am confused ): you said using the regular UI and showing numbers... than said that he should download an addon to see the percents... I was just saying that you don't need an addon to see the percentages.
    You do need an addon if you want to see both the exact HP amount and % at the same time.

---------- Post added 2011-08-19 at 08:32 PM ----------

It's the regular UI, just modified.. Hope this answers your confusion.

You can also divide by 4 if you want 25% and DBM will have boss health frames that show percentages. Only on bosses though, natch