Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Participating in the crappy set bonuses are crappy for non-Discipline Priests thread.

Makes me sad to be a non-Discipline Priest. I mean do they refer to Feral kitties as non-Bear Form Druids? But given the amount of bosses, again that there will probably be little to no spirit cloth gear again and we'll be forced to take the tier, terrible bonuses or not.

Leastways because we are Priests we'll look good in it Tranmogged or not :3.

Maybe blizz feels like they are making up for all the years that if a priest wanted to heal in raids they had to be Holy or get laughed out of the raid... so they are being fair and balanced... or something...

Deleted
    T11 - Here, have some spirits, your mana regen is spirit based, so you will like it <3
    T12 - nope, We realized that your mana regen with prev tier was too much, so we'll gonna give you mana% mana regen, and remove all spirit from cloth drops kk.
    T12 - FU, no spirit nor mana regen for you. You will have cheaper spells for 15 sec each 2 minutes, but no mana regen for ya.

Is that mean, that cloth drops in DS raid will have Spirit? Back in business?

Quote Originally Posted by Sykezs View Post
    Your Power Word: Shield has a 10% chance to absorb 100% additional damage

This isn't even that good, it just means delaying my rapture proc for a few extra seconds. GG. I prefer holy and Im not even going to comment on how they look at the moment. I assume the set bonuses for holy is a joke, but I don't see many laughing.
    If you run a rapture timer it wouldn't be hard to throw a bubble every 12 seconds on the tank, so it really wouldn't be delayed. I am happy with the disc 4set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    If you run a rapture timer it wouldn't be hard to throw a bubble every 12 seconds on the tank, so it really wouldn't be delayed. I am happy with the disc 4set.
    I do run a rapture timer and no you don't put a shield on the tank every 12 seconds, because if you do it after every 12 seconds your not getting the rapture proc dead on time. I time my shields to be absorbed so when the 12 second timer hits its already procced rapture and the timer begins anew. If I put a shield on a tank then I get a 100% extra absorb at the same time I'm going to miss my rapture proc by about 2 seconds, which really does add up over the course of a 10 min+ fight! It means I actually have to wait longer for it to absorb...

Holy needs a lot of love the 4 piece is awful and the 2 piece is even worse. The beauty of lightwell is that we place is pre-emptively and the 2 piece takes that away. At the start of an encounter before the pull I will place lightwell somewhere suitable thus wasting the benefit of the 2 piece.

inb4: don't use lightwell pre-emptively then trololol
    Last edited by Sykezs; 2011-09-26 at 02:59 PM.
    My Armoury 7/7 HC Firelands

Currently specc'd "Non-Discipline" FUCK RAID MITIGATION CD'S WE ARE HEALERS

I don't think the 100% larger bubbles will actually delay Rapture like many fear, if you think about it in terms of numbers you'll probably procc around 70k bubbles right? I don't think, considering tank health pools and current boss dmg that 70k will be an uncommon hit for a boss.

After seeing the tank set bonuses I keep having these horrible images of even more raid CD rotations... I seriously doubt they will swap raid CDs from tanks to healers this late in the expansion, and I think that a set bonus is maybe not the ideal way to do it either. Healers will probably keep their CDs while tanks will gain just enough of them during normal modes so that we can all have a huge raid CD party during HMs.... The horror!

Oh and I expect an apology for that non-disc comment. : / That was really lame, mostly because they wrote it in the "Healing" set bonus and in the situation where the bonus proccs off a holy-specific spell. -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianthe View Post
    Oh and I expect an apology for that non-disc comment. : / That was really lame, mostly because they wrote it in the "Healing" set bonus and in the situation where the bonus proccs off a holy-specific spell. -.-
    This, so much this!
    My Armoury 7/7 HC Firelands

Currently specc'd "Non-Discipline" FUCK RAID MITIGATION CD'S WE ARE HEALERS

Quote Originally Posted by Sykezs View Post
    I do run a rapture timer and no you don't put a shield on the tank every 12 seconds, because if you do it after every 12 seconds your not getting the rapture proc dead on time. I time my shields to be absorbed so when the 12 second timer hits its already procced rapture and the timer begins anew. If I put a shield on a tank then I get a 100% extra absorb at the same time I'm going to miss my rapture proc by about 2 seconds, which really does add up over the course of a 10 min+ fight! It means I actually have to wait longer for it to absorb...
    l
    You realize a 100% bonus absorb on a tank is still going to pop... right?

This is what it is:

Healer, 2P -- After using Power Infusion or Lightwell, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for [10|15] sec. (10 sec for Discipline, 15 for non--Discipline.)
    Healer, 4P -- Your Power Word: Shield has a 10% chance to absorb 100% additional damage, and the cooldown of your Holy Word abilities is reduced by 20%.

This is what it should be:

Healer, 2P -- After using Power Infusion, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for 10 sec. When healing is received via your Lightwell, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 5% for 10 seconds (this ability can stack up to 25%).
    Healer, 4P -- Your Power Word: Shield has a 10% chance to absorb 100% additional damage and last an additional 10 seconds. The healing done by your Holy Word spells is increased by 25%.

...and those would still be a little underwhelming.

Deleted
    I'm not, it's much much worse than T12 4 piece... aren't the set bonuses meant to get better with increasing tier, not worse?

If you consider that T12 4 pc is about a 4-5% boost to healing, and T13 is a 10% boost to PW:S, then to get a similar boost from T13 you need to be getting 40-50% of your healing from PW:S. Almost no one does that, and especially for 10 man this is a pretty big nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Late to the party, again. I seriously need to stop drinking before I show up or something.

2pc comments through the thread pretty much mirror what I have to say.
    A 45% reduced mana cost for Discipline is huge. No really. They're using a burst healing/mana reduction cooldown because they need burst healing, but healing faster consumes more mana (thus the need for more regen/lower costs to counter it). Using it in this way can shift people off of a little spirit, and can be significant in the long term. Or even allow bubble-botting during a cooldown. Which during a cooldown isn't bad, just when it's the only accepted playstyle for 100% of the time.
    i think you are wrong, its not 45% reduced mana because its not additive, they are multiplicative

more info at elitistjerks - http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t110244-...ompendium/p33/

what is nice also, is that Priests are the only class that have to Spend Mana to get the bonus, no other healers has to
    Last edited by Spike`; 2011-09-26 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    If you consider that T12 4 pc is about a 4-5% boost to healing, and T13 is a 10% boost to PW:S, then to get a similar boost from T13 you need to be getting 40-50% of your healing from PW:S. Almost no one does that, and especially for 10 man this is a pretty big nerf.
    Healing is not DPS. Set bonuses do not always have to be healing increases that are proportionally better than the last tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Healing is not DPS. Set bonuses do not always have to be healing increases that are proportionally better than the last tier.
    True however replacing a good set bonus with a wide range of applicability with one that has less throughput and less overall utility seems a bit weak.

True. Look at how long we carried 2pc5.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    While true, many disc priests just bubble for rapture, so every 12 seconds. So, with 1/10 bubbles, and assuming around a 30k shield, every 120 seconds, we get a free 30k bonus to a shield. 30k/120s = 250 hps... that is beyond sad. Now, if you are tank healing, you use a lot more shields, thus more hps, but not everyone tank heals...

Also, updated signature as per blizz's request.

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    While true, many disc priests just bubble for rapture, so every 12 seconds. So, with 1/10 bubbles, and assuming around a 30k shield, every 120 seconds, we get a free 30k bonus to a shield. 30k/120s = 250 hps... that is beyond sad. Now, if you are tank healing, you use a lot more shields, thus more hps, but not everyone tank heals...

Also, updated signature as per blizz's request.
    You will be doing more bubbling when you use PI on yourself.

---------- Post added 2011-09-26 at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post
    i think you are wrong, its not 45% reduced mana because its not additive, they are multiplicative

more info at elitistjerks - http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t110244-...ompendium/p33/

what is nice also, is that Priests are the only class that have to Spend Mana to get the bonus, no other healers has to

So it is 40% mana reduction instead of 45%. Still huge.

---------- Post added 2011-09-26 at 02:33 PM ----------

Either way, these bonuses are MUCH better for disc and at least still yield increased healing for them, unlike us non-disc priests.

Either way, these bonuses are MUCH better for disc and at least still yield increased healing for them, unlike us non-disc priests.
    They're much better for Disc than Holy but still a piss poor bonus, I can see maybe getting the 2pc... maybe... but not likely... unless the stats are a huge upgrade I can see many priest just foregoing the T13 bonuses for keeping their T12 bonuses, as a disc/holy priest neither really excite me at all they're bland and pretty... well... boring...
    Last edited by Verth Aeyta; 2011-09-26 at 09:55 PM.

Yea, unless the set bonuses get redone I'll likely just cherry pick the shadow and healing pieces that have the stats I want and completely ignore the set bonuses.

I thought my 4 piece bonus was kind of strange at best, but man, I truly feel for you guys. Blizzard continues to shaft holy priests. My god those set bonuses are terrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    The 2-pc definitely needs to be reworked. In my opinion, the best trigger spell for it would be Guardian Spirit. While this is not always used often in an average encounter, it's our ultimate "oh s&*^" button, and the mana reduction afterwards makes more sense for that particular utility than it does for Lightwell (where it makes no sense at all).

As far as the 4-pc goes, the only thing I can think of is a baseline increase in all Holy Word healing spells. While the current design is an increase in overall throughput on paper, the problem becomes Blizzard's recent gear design choices. With lower spirit totals (I think my spirit is actually lower now in half 391 gear than it was in full 359), mana conservation becomes more and more important. While currently I'm not noticing any major mana issues, this is also post nerfed content that is easier to heal. Fights in the past such as Majordomo could devour my mana pool in certain situations (so glad we're now doing this fight on heroic). If design such as those cases are in the upcoming Deathwing raid, where AoE healing is an absolute most at some point of the encounter, then this set bonus will do nothing more than simply obliterate priest blue bars just so we can keep up the pace necessary for the encounter's design.

At worst, I suspect the 2-pc will certainly be changed. At best, I'm hoping the 4-pc is reworked to both be as interesting and powerful as the discipline equivalent. A chance at a double bubble is outstanding, especially given what shields can absorb already as a well-geared discipline priest.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present