MMO-Champion - Statistics: Firelands Changes Impact, Pumpkin Carving Contest, Fan Art
Firelands Changes Impact
Blizzard made major changes to Firelands a few times during Patch 4.2 (July 26th and Sept. 20th) to allow more players to see the Firelands content. We take a look at just how many more players were able to down Heroic Ragnaros and clear Normal Firelands. Data was looked at for over 2.7 million level 85 characters, most of them being in the US.

Class balance for characters with the Heroic Ragnaros achievement was also graphed. The Heroic Firelands Boss Kill Ease graph displays the percentage of characters that have killed each boss, provided they have killed at least one of the Heroic Firelands bosses.

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!


2011 Halloween Pumpkin Carving Contest
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
The Halloween season has finally arrived, and we’re ready to cut straight to the heart of the holiday. If you’re dying to pick up a knife and hack, gash, slash, and jab at something, then you might be excited to hear that as of October 11, Blizzard’s 2011 Halloween Pumpkin Carving Contest has officially begun! Unleash your magical axes, psi blades, chitinous claws, and other creative cutlery to carve up Blizzard-themed jack-o’-lanterns of epic awesomeness. If you’re unclear as to what epic awesomeness looks like in the flesh, you can check out last year’s winners for some inspiration.

We’ll choose ten of the grandest Cucurbita to earn a delightful prize package consisting of:

  • Marauder StarCraft II Gaming Keyboard
  • Banshee StarCraft II Gaming Headset
  • Spectre StarCraft II Gaming Mouse
  • StarCraft II Zerg Edition Messenger Bag

Don’t delay, start carving right away! The ninth annual pumpkin carving contest ends on October 25, so be sure to check out the contest page for rules and eligibility and get straight to slicing.

Fan Art Update
The World of Warcraft Fan Art Section has been updated with five new pieces of fan artwork set within the Warcraft universe.


This article was originally published in forum thread: Statistics: Firelands Changes Impact, Pumpkin Carving Contest, Fan Art started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 349 Comments
  1. Strawhead's Avatar
    You know the funny thing is that these numbers make perfectly sense when you keep in mind all the players that have left already and the introduction of the raid finder. I'm pretty sure that Blizz knows who many players are raiding - so the raid finder actually implies that right now there are not a lot of people raiding because otherwise it wouldn't make sense to implement it now.
    I guess that Blizz figured out that a large amount of the available end game content (raids) is something that a large amount of their player base isn't enjoying.
  1. Todgruppe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    So we must put WOW ahead of our kids? You are so quick to judge people and instead of confronting the argument you start attacking the people. Bad players, bad time management, etc.

    Not one person who has complained about the fights begin too easy now has responded to my comment about doing them without trinkets. If you really feel the fights are too easy, gimp yourself a bit. Fight without trinkets and see how far you get.
    You really try to play the victim so much. Stop. Accept because your "real life" is sooooo time consuming and now you are the voice of others like you, just stop. This clearly isn't a game meant for you, go back to CoD or Halo, you expect to play 4-5 hours a week and get everything shooters ----------------> over there.

    Go away.

    There where times in the game when I could only play 2-4 hours a week, and many others have been in the same boat, but we don't cry about. Things happen, get over playing victim. Blizzard isn't attacking you or preventing you from doing things in game, your life/you are.

    EDIT: Straw Man are fun to make too.
  1. Gray_Matter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Todgruppe View Post
    You really try to play the victim so much. Stop. Accept because your "real life" is sooooo time consuming and now you are the voice of others like you, just stop. This clearly isn't a game meant for you, go back to CoD or Halo, you expect to play 4-5 hours a week and get everything shooters ----------------> over there.

    Go away.

    There where times in the game when I could only play 2-4 hours a week, and many others have been in the same boat, but we don't cry about. Things happen, get over playing victim. Blizzard isn't attacking you or preventing you from doing things in game, your life/you are.

    EDIT: Straw Man are fun to make too.
    Who is crying about it. I am not playing victim. You are the ones who don't understand that there are other people who play the game as well that have different priorities and spend different amount of time playing. I don't come here and say f. off, this is not the game for you because you play 30 hours a week. Good for you if you can. What I keep saying, and this is something that none of you can answer except by attacking me personally, is that there are lots of different people playing wow. They all spend different amounts of time in the game. They all pay for the game and have different expectations from the game. The game favours those that spend the most time online. A lot of time goes into creating raids, it only makes sense (and the blues have just confirmed this today) that blizzard would like as many of the players as possible seeing the latest content.

    NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE YOU. IN FACT, THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS ARE NOT DOING FIRELANDS. THE STATS PROVE THIS TO BE THE CASE.
  1. Todgruppe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Who is crying about it. I am not playing victim. You are the ones who don't understand that there are other people who play the game as well that have different priorities and spend different amount of time playing. I don't come here and say f. off, this is not the game for you because you play 30 hours a week. Good for you if you can. What I keep saying, and this is something that none of you can answer except by attacking me personally, is that there are lots of different people playing wow. They all spend different amounts of time in the game. They all pay for the game and have different expectations from the game. The game favours those that spend the most time online. A lot of time goes into creating raids, it only makes sense (and the blues have just confirmed this today) that blizzard would like as many of the players as possible seeing the latest content.

    NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE YOU. IN FACT, THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS ARE NOT DOING FIRELANDS. THE STATS PROVE THIS TO BE THE CASE.

    These stats don't prove that all, all they prove are since the nerf more people downed Rag, they don't prove anything outside of that. Stop interpreting to your liking, Chaud has even said they prove nothing besides Blizzard accomplished their goal of more people downing Rag.
  1. Gray_Matter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Todgruppe View Post
    These stats don't prove that all, all they prove are since the nerf more people downed Rag, they don't prove anything outside of that. Stop interpreting to your liking, Chaud has even said they prove nothing besides Blizzard accomplished their goal of more people downing Rag.
    Read all of what the blues say in this thread:

    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...eted-normal-fl

    If you read it you will see that they are saying exactly what I am saying. They want everyone to see the content, not just 2% of the players (their words, not mine). While the percentages may not be 100% correct, there is little doubt that very few of the 10 million wow players have killed rag or even fought him. It's like me saying that 80% of people in the US watch TV. The percentage may not be accurate but that does not change the fact that the majority do. It may be 90% or 70% but the overwealming majority of people watch TV. The same can be said for WOW. The overwealming majority of players have not killed or even seen rag. It may be 98% or it may be 95%, that doesn't change the fact that the overwealming majority have not.
  1. Todgruppe's Avatar
    It may be 98% or it may be 95%, that doesn't change the fact that the overwealming majority have not.
    Or it is more likely closer to 80% of players. China is thrown into the subscription base of 11 million or whatever it is, and they only have WotLK released(Estimates have Chinese subscriptions at 6M so only 5M have cata). Players with Cata would be the best conclusion to draw from, and being conservative(10M guilds 20,328 and 25M 3,281) would put numbers around 300,000 downing rag (10 people per 10M and 25 per 25M). Also, have to take into account people with multiple accounts, do you think there are 5M players?

    None of this include people downing Rag that no longer play, guild that keep a larger roster(which must try/do because it's unreasonable to assume 100% attendance by all members), groups of people not in guilds, etc. The 2% is prob their attempt at sarcasm, that people take for truth.
  1. biggus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Not entire population is in the graph. The sample group is 2.7 million.
    By entire population, I assume you mean all level 85 toons. How many were there when this sample was taken?
  1. Megatronn's Avatar
    Damn these impacts are pretty huge
  1. Voludo's Avatar
    O.O is that a female Brutallus....im scared

Site Navigation