Thread: APB Reloaded

Deleted

APB Reloaded

http://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/

APB will be relaunched as a Free 2 Play game. Man i loved that game (even tho it had some issues) and i'm really excited about that relaunch in the first half of 2011!

I enjoyed it during the beta, core mechanics are overall pretty fun.

Lets just hope this time they actually listen to the players and do it right.

I logged 200+ hours in the 3 months it was up. Loved every bit of it.

Also - before someone complains about hackers just know that according to a previous RTW developer now working on APB:R has come out, and said, in the weekly blogs, that Punkbuster at the time of the game going down was detecting every private/retail hack. However their financial difficulty prevented them from being able to pay the costs and where denied access to the lists.

On the note of balance the only 'broken' weaponry after 1.4.1 was the CCG and the JG. The CCG was a bit too good and the JG was way too good.

This said I think the game was actually really great and I'm looking forward to its return.

Main problem with the game was that it was unbalanced. It was not fair being put against high level players when you are first leaving the tutorial. Hopefully they fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Main problem with the game was that it was unbalanced. It was not fair being put against high level players when you are first leaving the tutorial. Hopefully they fix that.
    They're fixing it with the F2P market system if you want to spend a couple dollars for a weapon. They will be rent-able with no rating requirements and on par (not the same) as the top guns you can get in game - however the ones you can get in game have a rating requirement.

Personally I don't think it was an issue. I never had a big problem with being mismatched and when I was I found we won quite often.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    I hear beta invites are being sent out.