Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    God i CANT wait to go home and try this.

DAMM EU RESET ON WEDNESDAY :s :s :s

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai View Post
    It was a pretty good threat boost last night for me.
    So did you use at beggining with recklesness?

Deleted
    I am absolutely loving the new Inner Rage and yes, it is a pretty good threat boost. As soon as I get my first 1-2 rotations out, after a pull, I would pop Inner Rage and just pound away with HS. The only thing to keep in mind is that you have to make sure the boss keeps hitting you. Atramedes for instance, turns left and right, taking extensive breaks in hitting you. If you pop IR without the rage income, you'll be severely gimped.

To use IR at the very start of the fight, I would save my zerker rage until my first 4-5 hits, which are usually a combination of SS, Rev, and HS. Very few Devs in there, ever. Then pop BR & IR, and after go nuts with HS without having rage issues. Makes for really good early threat.

At least personally, I'm having next to no need to use recklessness in my pulls.

Deleted
    It's so much fun pressing Heroic Strike every GCD. ^_^

Like, seriously, it is a lot of fun. I love it.

Also Recklessness on the pull is worth gold.

edit: BUT I HATE CHIMAERON 10 HC OH MY GOD
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2011-02-09 at 11:16 PM.

Nice nice! Im going try it on our saturday raid

Sick inner rage. Sick sick sick.

---------- Post added 2011-02-10 at 10:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    BUT I HATE CHIMAERON 10 HC OH MY GOD
    haha, we killed Halfus 25h for the 1st time yesterday (5th pull lol) and we went to Chimaeron, its goddamm easy on 25h. After 3/4 pull we took him to 30%, and we wiped because the healer still need to pratice. Anyway GL with your 10h but you should definitly give 25h a shot, its a blast =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    haha, we killed Halfus 25h for the 1st time yesterday (5th pull lol) and we went to Chimaeron, its goddamm easy on 25h. After 3/4 pull we took him to 30%, and we wiped because the healer still need to pratice. Anyway GL with your 10h but you should definitly give 25h a shot, its a blast =)
    The differance on some 10 vs 25 is just insane. I do not understand how people possibly can think 25 is more difficult "because you have to spread". We would've killed that freaking boss 15 times if I had dodged once or twice more during Mortality... Unable to go 25h, I'm playing with my IRLs. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any suggestions for Ranged Weapon?

Is that because it's pretty much Crossfire Carbine or gtfo?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I don't see any suggestions for Ranged Weapon?

Is that because it's pretty much Crossfire Carbine or gtfo?
    There's a ranged epic gun bought with like 600 Conquest Points. Go and win any two-three arena games and it's yours.

But yeah, there's no other PvE item for our ranged slot than the Carbine. Buy it and you'll wear it until the next tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried lookin around. Haven't found an answer, so here's the question: Is your Critical Block percentage a percentage of your total blocks? For instance I have a 44% block rating, and my mastery gives me a 23% chance to critically block. So if I blocked 100 times, ~23% of those blocks would be critical blocks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardlust View Post
    I've tried lookin around. Haven't found an answer, so here's the question: Is your Critical Block percentage a percentage of your total blocks? For instance I have a 44% block rating, and my mastery gives me a 23% chance to critically block. So if I blocked 100 times, ~23% of those blocks would be critical blocks?
    Yes. Whenever you block there's a 23% chance you'll block for twice the amount.

There's a ranged epic gun bought with like 600 Conquest Points. Go and win any two-three arena games and it's yours.

But yeah, there's no other PvE item for our ranged slot than the Carbine. Buy it and you'll wear it until the next tier.
    The Dragonwreck Throwing Axe is a fine choice too. We actually get more avoidance from Agility than we do from Strength. It's just not as good for threat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterDinadan View Post
    The Dragonwreck Throwing Axe is a fine choice too. We actually get more avoidance from Agility than we do from Strength. It's just not as good for threat.
    The carbine has dodge instead of haste though. I wouldn't swap for that.

Deleted
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I have some doubts regarding two BoE epics, namely the BS belt and the BS chest.
    The BoE belt seems pretty fine with the new socket too doesn't it? How does it compare to the Hyjal exalted one, is it really worth the money? I mean, it's obviously better, but by what kind of margin? And how about the BS Chest? I honestly feel like that one is quite worthless, from a cost/upgrade perspective when looking at the JP one, or am I wrong? I am not swimming in gold, but I do have some at my disposal. The Belt goes for about half the price of the chest on my server.

To clarify:
    Belt: http://www.wowhead.com/item=55059
    Chest: http://www.wowhead.com/item=55058

Also, I think it would be quite useful if you included an enchant list. I suppose they are fairly obvious, but still. A profession recommendation would be nice too.
    Last edited by mmocfa6f192d70; 2011-02-19 at 12:33 PM.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imtor/advanced

Anyone got advice on how to improve my gems/enchants/talents/Gear If there's a need? I thought Im doing well but some healers are complaining (25 man)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimtor View Post

Anyone got advice on how to improve my gems/enchants/talents/Gear If there's a need? I thought Im doing well but some healers are complaining (25 man)
    If you have the resources, I'd suggest you get the craftable belt and shield from a local blacksmith. There is also a chest piece available, though I never personally used it. Otherwise, I can't find too much wrong with your gear, seeing as you have properly prioritized survival stats, instead of threat stats. Your ub HP looks like on a nice level and you are unhittable with shield block. All and all, gear looks very descent for entry level raiding. I would advice trying to move out of using double stamina trinkets, when it is otherwise applicable and go for a avoidance / stamina combo for most fights. I like favoring Porcelain Crab and the Baradin Warden trinkets for that job.

Other than that, just keep raiding and collecting VPs for your tier set.

As for your spec, I can't foresee any game breaking changes. For a raiding spec, it is desirable to divert the points on Gag Order elsewhere, although if you are still doing 5-mans, I'd understand if you keep it. Piercing Howl is a good choice is you are doing a lot of add tanking. Though only if you do add tanking because on bosses it is next to useless. If you don't need Piercing Howl, I would also spec out of Blood Craze. I'm still not really sold on it, other than (again), for add tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    If you have the resources, I'd suggest you get the craftable belt and shield from a local blacksmith. There is also a chest piece available, though I never personally used it. Otherwise, I can't find too much wrong with your gear, seeing as you have properly prioritized survival stats, instead of threat stats. Your ub HP looks like on a nice level and you are unhittable with shield block. All and all, gear looks very descent for entry level raiding. I would advice trying to move out of using double stamina trinkets, when it is otherwise applicable and go for a avoidance / stamina combo for most fights. I like favoring Porcelain Crab and the Baradin Warden trinkets for that job.

Other than that, just keep raiding and collecting VPs for your tier set.

As for your spec, I can't foresee any game breaking changes. For a raiding spec, it is desirable to divert the points on Gag Order elsewhere, although if you are still doing 5-mans, I'd understand if you keep it. Piercing Howl is a good choice is you are doing a lot of add tanking. Though only if you do add tanking because on bosses it is next to useless. If you don't need Piercing Howl, I would also spec out of Blood Craze. I'm still not really sold on it, other than (again), for add tanking.

Hey thanks man, do you think the procelain crab and the symbiotic worm will go well together? I was thinking of replacing the alchemy trinket for procleain crab.

Deleted

It's looking just fine tbh. You got some items which could be reforged to mastery, like your wrists, a ring, your belt, and you should change the reforge on your helm from expertise to mastery. Scrap as much hit and expertise as you possibly can, it's especially important this early in the expansion. If you're worried about not being able to interrupt spell casts safely, buy double copies of all reputation epics and gem/reforge/enchant those with hit.

I'd recommend you to get yourself a crafted shield, or even better, the world drop boe epic shield. There are no other shields in the current content, except for a shield dropped by Nefarian, and you will want a better shield before you get there. Oh, and there's an epic designed for plate damage dealers from Guardians of Hyjal with a shitload of mastery rating. It's a lot better than the waist you already have.

Your gear is just right for the early raid bosses, if your healers are having problems keeping you up it's either them or you doing something wrong, not your gear.

edit:

do you think the procelain crab and the symbiotic worm will go well together? I was thinking of replacing the alchemy trinket for procleain crab.
    No, the alchemist's stone is better than the symbiotic worm. I'd definately use the crab over the worm (lol), at least until you get the Mirror of Broken Images from Baradin's Wardens (yes, get it asap if you're not farming already.

Quote Originally Posted by docterdecay View Post
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I have some doubts regarding two BoE epics, namely the BS belt and the BS chest.
    The BoE belt seems pretty fine with the new socket too doesn't it? How does it compare to the Hyjal exalted one, is it really worth the money? I mean, it's obviously better, but by what kind of margin? And how about the BS Chest? I honestly feel like that one is quite worthless, from a cost/upgrade perspective when looking at the JP one, or am I wrong? I am not swimming in gold, but I do have some at my disposal. The Belt goes for about half the price of the chest on my server.

To clarify:
    Belt: http://www.wowhead.com/item=55059
    Chest: http://www.wowhead.com/item=55058

Also, I think it would be quite useful if you included an enchant list. I suppose they are fairly obvious, but still. A profession recommendation would be nice too.
    Crafting the belt will award you roughly 100 more dodge rating. If it's worth it? That's entirely up to you to decide. We're looking at perhaps 0.5% dodge. I did it, because I wouldn't/won't get a better belt until we get Omnotron HC down.

Or, well, to be honest, I mainly did it because it matches the rest of my gear, haha. :P

The crafted chest isn't very good tbh. You generally want items without any offensive stat. I mean, really, the reputation dps belt with crit and mastery is itemized better for us than our crafted chest. Buy the T11 chest asap, it's perfectly itemized and you'll keep it around for a long time. Heck it's even likely you'll only replace it with the heroic version later on, because the only other chest is dropped by Cho'gall and that one's, in comparison, terrible too.
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2011-02-20 at 10:52 AM.

Deleted
    Hey thanks man, do you think the procelain crab and the symbiotic worm will go well together? I was thinking of replacing the alchemy trinket for procleain crab.
    Don't see why not. In your current gear, it's important to stay above the 77.4% total avoidance and mitigation marker (you can count this easily by just summing your dodge % + parry % + block % + 5%) because it guarantees that you will be unhittable when your shield block is active. Did some quick math and you should only lose a minuscule amount, so I think it would be a pretty good swap, considering the porcelain crab has a much better proc than the alchemy stone.

It's looking just fine tbh. You got some items which could be reforged to mastery, like your wrists, a ring, your belt, and you should change the reforge on your helm from expertise to mastery. Scrap as much hit and expertise as you possibly can, it's especially important this early in the expansion. If you're worried about not being able to interrupt spell casts safely, buy double copies of all reputation epics and gem/reforge/enchant those with hit.

I'd recommend you to get yourself a crafted shield, or even better, the world drop boe epic shield. There are no other shields in the current content, except for a shield dropped by Nefarian, and you will want a better shield before you get there. Oh, and there's an epic designed for plate damage dealers from Guardians of Hyjal with a shitload of mastery rating. It's a lot better than the waist you already have.

Your gear is just right for the early raid bosses, if your healers are having problems keeping you up it's either them or you doing something wrong, not your gear.

edit:

No, the alchemist's stone is better than the symbiotic worm. I'd definately use the crab over the worm (lol), at least until you get the Mirror of Broken Images from Baradin's Wardens (yes, get it asap if you're not farming already.

Thanks for your advice aswell, I crafted the shield right away and reforged some of that Hit into expertise.
    I was just wondering, my guild master, also a protection warrior told me I have to get my expertise capped. It's at 11 atm (14 if I eat expertise food) but I thought the general idea was that this expansion its more important to focus on the survival stats and neglect the hit/expertise stats.
    your opinion?