Thread: halp-New PC

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornstarched View Post
    700$ should get you a full quadcore 8gig ram dual nvida cards some crazy procressor. Don't let these fools tell you, you have to spend more than that. Do some serious compnet online shopping, and you will find some extreme deals.
    700 USD would give you ONLY a motherboard + CPU + GPU.

EDIT: Scratch that, you wouldn't even get that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcchop View Post
    I bought my entire setup (minus the monitor) off of tiger direct for about $600-700. (Not sure exactly how much, it was back in May 10'. I know for sure it wasn't more than $700 though) and I run WoW and all games (MWF2, Black Ops, Mafia 2, SC2, Portal, Bioshock 1/2, Arkham Asylum, etc.) at FULL (absolute max settings) graphics with absolutely no lag and plenty of room for upgrade. I have a $100~ graphics card in there and there is always room to upgrade those.

Point: try tigerdirect.com and go for prebuilt stuff thats on sale.
    Can you list specifics please? I'm having trouble believing you're running SC2 and Mafia 2 at MAXED graphics on a ~$100 dollar graphics card.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    I've listed 3 computers that are capable of playing modern games with respectable fps for $700-$800 dollars.

Doesn't anyone else think this was another rift employee thread?
    I mean...it says it's it's first post but has 19 posts...unless it posted 19 times in this thread.

Serious reply.

Infracted; please don't try to derail.

there's no easy way to put this- you get infracted for everything.

Watch this get infracted.
    Last edited by Moondance; 2011-03-30 at 01:39 AM.

SUPER MEAT BOY!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moondance View Post
    Doesn't anyone else think this was another rift employee thread?
    I mean...it says it's it's first post but has 19 posts...unless it posted 19 times in this thread.

Serious reply.
    Wait, are you inferring that a Rift employee would post here with poor grammar/capitalization, no representation of his company-- enough. No.
    Also, you say "Another". There was no RIFT employees posting here ever, regardless what they said.
    Also, why are both the characters listed in your signature below level 30 >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Orcchop View Post
    Point: try tigerdirect.com and go for prebuilt stuff thats on sale.
    Do NOT try tigerdirect, I can't stress that enough...yes, they may have good prices, but extremely lucky if your expierence with them is a pleasant one (Considering the fact that a good chunk of their barebones kit's hardware isn't even compatible with itself).

EDIT: The only time I would recommend buying from them is if you were getting each and every part individually, and you know EXACTLY what you're looking for beforehand. Like I said in a previous post: their customer service is a complete joke and 90% of their packaging is that hard plastic crap that you need to take a chainsaw to it to open, and if anything isn't in its original packaging, all sealed up perfectly for that matter, they won't take it back.
    P.S. They are VERY skilled at scamming people with returns, incompatible hardware, etc. so if you do shop there; be pretty knowledgeable on what you're buying.
    Last edited by blazeskies117; 2011-03-30 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Wait, what system are you running? My GTS 450 can pull 60+ FPS with 4x AA and 4x Multisampling , without shadows. With a 460, I'd have no problem.

double /Facepalm

and Multisample is AA ... you probably meant AF but w/e , dude Shadow will kill your FPS with a single GTX460 .. like Horribly, especially if you run at 1080p

Look at my sig this is my rig, know what im talking about , that why i bought a 2nd gtx460
    Sometime in heavy crowded situation both GPU are used up to 75% sooo I cant see how a single GTX460 would handle that Shadow with AA and AF
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2011-03-30 at 01:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy fix. all you need is:
    1.) Sledge Hammer
    2.) Music

Turn the music on. Now this is the important part, take the sledge hammer and force the mallet into the monitor. By doing this you will fix your screen, and let your computer make rift look 100000% better. And by better I mean not at all.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-03-30 at 01:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    double /Facepalm

and Multisample is AA ... you probably meant AF but w/e , dude Shadow will kill your FPS with a single GTX460 .. like Horribly

Shadows are more based on the Processors performance and not the GPU.

Can you list specifics please? I'm having trouble believing you're running SC2 and Mafia 2 at MAXED graphics on a ~$100 dollar graphics card.
    Most likely at a low resolution and his variant of "max" doesn't include Anti Aliasing or High PhysX.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

double /Facepalm

and Multisample is AA ... you probably meant AF but w/e , dude Shadow will kill your FPS with a single GTX460 .. like Horribly, especially if you run at 1080p
    Shadow is more CPU than GPU.

Edit: Saithes beat me to it :<

10+ Year Old Account
    double /Facepalm

I did indeed mean AF.

EDIT: Scratch that, you wouldn't even get that.

I'm not sure what it's like in America, but $700 is about £450 and for that money I could get a decent quad core processor, M/B, 4GB RAM and a 6870 graphics card and still have money to spare.

Don't believe me? http://www.cclonline.com/
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post

Most likely at a low resolution and his variant of "max" doesn't include Anti Aliasing or High PhysX.
    Only Mafia uses PhysX I think

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    Only Mafia uses PhysX I think
    Batman Arkham does as well. Point still remains though, either low resolution or not completely maxed settings and Mafia 2's PhysX rapes.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    I'm not sure what it's like in America, but $700 is about £450 and for that money I could get a decent quad core processor, M/B, 4GB RAM and a 6870 graphics card and still have money to spare.

Don't believe me? http://www.cclonline.com/
    Living in America COULD potentially give you a computer for 700 USD.
    Living in Sweden like I, however, gets you a mobo+ram+cpu, if going intel.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Living in America COULD potentially give you a computer for 700 USD.
    Living in Sweden like I, however, gets you a mobo+ram+cpu, if going intel.
    European inflation. I feel so bad for you people. Not... you people. Well, you people.

I feel bad for Europeans who are avid computer junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Dude let me doubt about this ... open afteburner, open wow, remove shadow play for 5mins then watch the GPU% usage of the last 5min then go back to wow turn on shadow , fly around for 5mins, watch afterburner ull see ur GPU usage skyrocket. (Edit: Yea also 4x aa and atleast 4x af plz)
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2011-03-30 at 01:35 AM.

European inflation. I feel so bad for you people.
    Well, the inflation isn't that bad. The import, the larger markup and;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VAT#The_Nordic_countries (check Sweden).
    Then give me a hug in comfort.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the inflation isn't that bad. The import, the larger markup and;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VAT#The_Nordic_countries (check Sweden).
    Then give me a hug in comfort.
    /hug, 25% markup ftl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude let me doubt about this ... open afteburner, open wow, remove shadow play for 5mins then watch the GPU% usage of the last 5min then go back to wow turn on shadow , fly around for 5mins, watch afterburner ull see ur GPU usage skyrocket. (Edit: Yea also 4x aa and atleast 4x af plz)
    Did that, GPU usage stayed the same... but CPU usage dropped from 35-40% to 15-20% from switching Shadows to Low from Ultra.

/hug, 25% markup ftl.
    And that's not even the companies to blame. :\ Taxes are fun. :'D
    So. How do you like Crysis 2? I've stopped playing wow and want something else to play.
    &nbsp;