Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Bad

I don't know what could possibly justify delaying it for 5-6 years. It's dying of old age before it's even released. I know graphics aren't everything but still, I prefer them to at least be modern and judging from game play videos, it just looks bad.

I still might buy it if it's really good though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Bad

I don't know what could possibly justify delaying it for 5-6 years. It's dying of old age before it's even released. I know graphics aren't everything but still, I prefer them to at least be modern and judging from game play videos, it just looks bad.

I still might buy it if it's really good though.
    Wait, what? Which gameplay videos have you been watching? The graphics seem very up-to-date to me, and I highly doubt Blizzard have been working non-stop on it for 5-6 years like you're suggesting.

i think its a good thing they pushed it back, yes we have been waiting a long time for it, but the longer its in development, the better it will be.

I'd like to ask, what kind of marketing strategy is "Hey guys, game is going to be late again, oh, and we're gonna miss the Christmas season."? Nope, the game isn't World of Warcraft guys. They're not gonna lose customers because of another delay. Not with Diablo. Blizzard is free to pursue their philosophy of releasing it when it's ready.

I say it's both. Bad because I want to play the game, good because it means non-WoW divisions of Blizzard can still work on the game until it's ready instead of pushing it out the door.

Blizzard isn't like those loose cannons over at EA, while WoW may not work the same as other games, thats an MMO for one. But when it comes to there other games, they make sure that product is fine, and will not take a serious dump on you once you install it :S. Also, they are amping up there physics even more, watching a new beta video I am like O_O If they can do more cool things like this with more time, I am good waiting.

Activision Blizzard will capitalize more on a first quarter 2012 sale than a pre christmas one. From an investor standpoint, it makes for a strong year lead in with potential to prop it for the entire year's profits.

As for the delay alienating people waiting for it a few more months, folks have had 10 years to wait already; so if folks are only now feeling that, then I'd say that's just a bit silly.

In a way i am glad because i can now put the hours into SKYRIM! Also if i get bored with that MW3 will be out and soon to be SWTOR if i want to swing that way. Heard it is going to be an amazing game which we shall see!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to say this...
    but bad,
    If it gets released in like March, it'll have hyped itself out for me
    If it gets released in January, it'll be in direct competition with old republic.
    If it could have been released November / early December, that would have just been more timely,
    (right now would be even better however >.>)

Quote Originally Posted by llubtoille View Post
    I don't want to say this...
    but bad,
    If it gets released in like March, it'll have hyped itself out for me
    If it gets released in January, it'll be in direct competition with old republic.
    If it could have been released November / early December, that would have just been more timely,
    (right now would be even better however >.>)
    Let's be honest here; if it's delayed until March, you'll still buy it. We all will. And if it takes that long to ensure a game filled with excellence, then it's a good thing. There are plenty of other things you can do while waiting.

And as for competition? Minor concern at best. Worst case scenario is that people won't buy it at first because they're playing a different game, but will buy it later when they have time for it. It's not like Blizzard are missing out on those first month subscription fees, because there aren't any. The money will still enter Blizzard's pockets at some point, so it's a minor issue, if an issue at all. Besides, Blizzard releasing a game is a huge deal. It's something that people will prioritise, especially if they're fans of D1 and D2. They really have nothing to worry about.

Yes, ideally they'd have made a Christmas release. They may have missed out on some sales there. That said, I suppose it doesn't matter to Blizz how it's bought: either your parents/friends/significant other buy it for you, or you buy it for yourself. Either way the money is the same to Blizzard, so maybe there won't really be many missed sales there?

It also shows just how dedicated to the cause of making an excellent game Blizzard are. If they're willing to skip out on Christmas sales to ensure the game is of an excellent standard... That sort of dedication is simply missing in a lot of lesser developers these days. Trust me: the wait will be so very, very worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jiuyuejiu View Post
    It's bad, there are no good games comming out 2011
    SWTOR
    Path of Exile