Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Are hunters faiding away?

It seems like its been too long since hunters got an interesting buff, or a chance
    to shine. its like patch after patch they are taking the little good things that are
    left that make the class any good. they taking our burst now lol. its not like we can maintain our burst dps
    throughout 10 minute encounters... I don't know this might sound like QQ but I have been playing
    a hunter for 5 years and it seems like its gone down hill... Even the look of our tier - .-

PS: isn't it about time they take our dead zone away?

Just FYI there hasn't been a dead zone for a very long time. Dead zone means the distance (5 to 8 yd) where you weren't able to melee nor shoot.

Deleted
    It makes me laugh that we don't even have a 'Hunter Tier 13 and Visual Retrospective' post yet. I was looking forward to seeing their attempt at justifying it.

Well excuse my mistake I meant the fact that we cannot shoot a bullet at someones face right in front of them. like u could in real life

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 10:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thaede View Post
    It makes me laugh that we don't even have a 'Hunter Tier 13 and Visual Retrospective' post yet. I was looking forward to seeing their attempt at justifying it.
    yeah this is what im talking about !!!!!!! completely forgoten about

15+ Year Old Account
    Since when was burst damage meant to be sustained? Its really just a short duration when your damage is higher than normal, which is why it got named burst damage. If you can sustain "burst" it wouldn't be called burst in the first place.

Also just because a class haven't gotten anything new in a while doesn't mean its fading away, it just means Blizzard think we are in a good place and don't need to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tremelizzer View Post
    Just FYI there hasn't been a dead zone for a very long time. Dead zone means the distance (5 to 8 yd) where you weren't able to melee nor shoot.

Hardly doubt he's been playing for 5 years... considering he doesn't know what a deadzone is... plus this thread is totally comprised of personal opinions rather than facts about actual changes that have been made.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rerolled into the SP in my sig, beginning of Cata. Focus was 1 big let down. Enough said. :\
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by midnitepsn View Post
    It seems like its been too long since hunters got an interesting buff, or a chance
    to shine. its like patch after patch they are taking the little good things that are
    left that make the class any good. they taking our burst now lol. its not like we can maintain our burst dps
    throughout 10 minute encounters... I don't know this might sound like QQ but I have been playing
    a hunter for 5 years and it seems like its gone down hill... Even the look of our tier - .-

PS: isn't it about time they take our dead zone away?
    From what we've seen so far we're getting buffed this patch, no need to complain.
    I have no idea what you're talking about with the burst thing. But the buffs we're getting will increase our overall damage.
    Granted, I think this tier is the worst one I've ever seen, but hey we got mogging! (hi, I'm a hunter that thinks he's a shaman that got raised as a death knight, rawr!"
    If you have been playing a hunter for 5 years you wouldn't be talking about deadzones.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Hardly doubt he's been playing for 5 years... considering he doesn't know what a deadzone is... plus this thread is totally comprised of personal opinions rather than facts about actual changes that have been made.
    Well excuse my mistake I meant the fact that we cannot shoot a bullet at someones face right in front of them. like u could in real life

and Yes i have been playing for 5 years... I never use forums at all, so I might not be as scientific with my terms as some ppl are
    I always thought the dead zone was that.

This isn't real life, hunters aren't fading away, and this post is nonsense.

I wanted a nice way to disagree with you, but your post is just a bunch of whining with no support for your claims.

We've had numerous buffs/nerfs since wrath, and we aren't OP at the moment, just kind of in the middle with marks. Every class has it's rise and fall through the patches.

Posts like yours ruin people's perception of the class community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 10:33 AM ----------

yeah this is what im talking about !!!!!!! completely forgoten about
    Don't bring in real life in this but if your going to since when could you shoot someone in the face with a rifle if they stood ontop of you? never.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Focus is the best thing to happen to hunters in a long time. No trolling. In fact I couldn't and wouldn't level up a hunter because of mana. Focus makes the rotation so much smoother and interactive than mana where all you had to do is smash buttons when they lit up.

meh this is why I never use forums, ppl don't try to relate they just wanna troll haha

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    meh this is why I never use forums, ppl don't try to relate they just wanna troll haha
    To me it seems like your just whining cause hunters aren't OP atm.

they are in a good spot hence why they aren't changed.
    Last edited by Larath; 2011-10-04 at 03:42 PM. Reason: are = aren't

Your post is the closest to a troll post here. All you did was QQ without putting forth any real information relating to your tears, and information to support it, or anything else for that matter.

You can't just throw that out there and expect people to agree and comfort you.

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    To me it seems like your just whining cause hunters are OP atm.

they are in a good spot hence why they aren't changed.

Hunters aren't OP, but they aren't dying like he thinks they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Also I think if Blizz were to remove minimum range it would complicate balancing a little bit too much. And I don't just mean arena; you have to consider all facets of PVP. Hunters are capable of a lot of damage. If there were no way to prevent that(other than line of sight) then Blizz would have to lower damage. Not being able to shoot somebody in the face is about balance, not realism. Melee classes are weaker at range. Ranged are weaker in melee. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

No one is trolling there is nothing wrong with any of the hunter specs, least of all for raiding where they will always be top tier or nearly top tier in dps for single target and aoe.

Its all they do. they sit at thier keyboard looking for any excuse to be a douche bc they can and dont care about contributing anything useful to the topic of discussion. Forums are just a big cluster fuck of people sometimes being helpful but most of the time just dicks because they can be.

I know what you mean about the dead zone though. But I do remember when it was total bullshit as well :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaede View Post
    There is. There isn't a DK tier yet, but the hunter one released a long time ago.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargarii View Post

Hunters aren't OP, but they aren't dying like he thinks they are.
    indeed, changed it :P