Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Complete list of Warlock expansion changes

Let me know if something isnt right or if I forgot something

General:
    • Channeling spells all have empowered channeling increased duration if cast several times in a row
    • Life tap: Now dependant on both mana and health instead of just health (15% health into 20% mana)
    • Fel armor: Demon armor effect (10% healing down from 30%) and increase stamina by 10%
    • Curse of enfeeblement: Physical damage done reduced by 30%, increased cast time by 30% for 30 sec. Less effective on raid bosses
    • Twilight Ward: Now absorbs holy and shadow damage
    • Unending resolve: 50% damage reduction, non-interruptable for 12 sec, 3 min CD
    • Dark Intent: Now a 6% spell power buff for 1 hour
    • Demonic Portal: Gateway between 2 locations, 5 charges, 15 sec recharge per charge

Talent changes since Blizzcon:
    • Level 60: Life tap increases movement speed by 25% for 5 seconds
    • Level 60: Absorbs damage for 20% of maximum health, any damage not absorbed will deal damage to the warlock, 30 sec duration, 30 sec CD
    • Level 90: Mannoroth's Fury cooldown part unchanged (100% splash for 20 sec, 2 min CD) When spell is ready always deal 10% splash damage

Affliction:
    • Bane of Agony: 1 minute duration
    • Malefic Grasp: Channeled spell, dots tick 100% faster while channeling
    • Nightfall: Next malefic grasp instantly deals damage and cuases periodic spell to tick 100% faster for 9 seconds

Demonology:
    • Metamorphosis: Tooltip no longer indicates a damage increase
    • Wild Imps: Summon 1 wild imp that casts 5 firebolts, cost and number of imps increases as demonic fury inreases, each firebolt generates 10 demonic fury
    • Bane of Doom: Now has a 20% chance to summon a wild imp
    • Immolation aura: Hellfire costs demonic fury, no need to be channeled anymore and doesnt hurt the caster
    • Hand of Gul'dan: No cooldown, 3 charges, 1 charge every 15th sec. Movement speed reduced by 35% for 10 sec stacking 3 times. Generates 25 demonic fury if not afflicted with movement deubff (Casted every 10 sec)
    • Metamorphosis shadowflame: costs demonic fury but knocks enemies away
    • Decimation now passively reduces the cooldown of Soul Fire by 2 seconds. If Soul Fire hits a target above 25% health, cast time is doubled for 30 seconds

Destruction:
    • Conflagrate: Immolate no longer required and doesn't deal damage according to immolate damage
    • Rain of Fire: Deals 50% more damage if target is afflicted with immolate
    • Bane of Havoc: 15 sec duration, 2 min cooldown, next 4 single target spells does damage to baned target
    • Shadowburn: If target dies within 5 sec, grants 5 infernal embers
    • Fire and Brimstone: Next immolate, incinerate, conflagrate or soul fire hits all targets within 15 yards
    • Aftermath: Rain of fire no longer channeled for destruction and stuns all enemies for 2 sec
    • Destructive Influence: Demon attacks reduce cast time of next soul fire by 0,1 sec, stacking 40 times

Mastery:
    • Affliction mastery: Increases periodic damage by 13%, increased by 1,63% per point
    • Demonology mastery: Increases damage by demons, the benefit of demonic fury and damage while transfered into demon by 1%, each point of mastery increases it by 0,1%
    • Destruction mastery: Increases benefit of infernal embers by 4%, each point increases by 0,5%

Thoughts:
    • What will doomguard target for destruction? Immolate is bad choice since it will be on several targets and destruction doesnt have BoA or BoD
    • Haste for destruction will lose a lot of its benefit due to the conflagrate change
    • Destruction AoE will be evil. Get AoE Immolate up, Use rain of fire and then either single target or use Harvest of Life and then Conflagrate or Incinerate AoE every 10 sec or renew Immolate
    • Demonology AoE during meta will also be good, Immolation aura + Harvest of Life
    Last edited by Dastey; 2011-11-23 at 08:58 PM.

• Soul Fire is a base 2 second cast now.
    • Decimation: The cast time of your Soul Fire spell is reduced by 2 seconds. If Soul Fire hits a target above 25% health, the cast time will double for 30 seconds.
    • Hand of Gul'dan has no cast time now.
    • Shadowbolt is a base 1.7 second cast now.

Axe Toss and Brostorm removed from Felguard, or does this talent calculator only list "passive" abilities?
    Last edited by Jahrastafari; 2011-11-23 at 01:40 PM.

You missed Blood Fear: Instant Fear but costs 10% of your HP (passive).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    You missed Blood Fear: Instant Fear but costs 10% of your HP (passive).
    guess you´re talking about improved fear
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I'll be very interested in trying to stack mastery with a Destro PvP build. Stack mastery with gear, stack infernal embers with incinerate, and then hit for a bajillion with instant Soul Fire / Conflag. Spec into Grimoire of Sacrifice for fun. I'm guessing it would be the hard hitting ability in the game. I can almost hear the QQs now...

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    • Soul Fire is a base 2 second cast now.
    • Decimation: The cast time of your Soul Fire spell is reduced by 2 seconds. If Soul Fire hits a target above 25% health, the cast time will double for 30 seconds.
    Added but im not sure this is actually correct
    Soul Fire 2 seconds cast time, Decimation decreases cooldown by 2 seconds = instant
    Double cast time will probably be 2 seconds then.

But why in earth would destructive influence stack 40 times up to a total of 4 seconds if cast time will only be 2 seconds? I am clueless atleast

15+ Year Old Account
    so youre going arena without sl, no dispell or silence? sweet, gl with that
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    I dont like the wording on soul link, "All damage and healing the warlock takes is shared with her active demon" I hope that doesn't mean that we're mortal striking ourselves and instead of receiving 100% of all healing we'll now take 80% while our pet takes 20%

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    guess you´re talking about improved fear
    No, I'm talking about Blood Fear. Level 60 tier talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    so youre going arena without sl, no dispell or silence? sweet, gl with that
    Hence why I said 'for fun' for that part. You need to work on your comprehension. Also SL got the nerf bat hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    But why in earth would destructive influence stack 40 times up to a total of 4 seconds if cast time will only be 2 seconds? I am clueless atleast
    Hopefully if you get a full 40 stack you'll be able to cast two soul fires instantly.

The level 75 tier actually raises some theorycrafting questions.
    Lets just take Destruction as example:
    Supremacy: More damage from pet, new possible beneficial abilities but otherwise just a flat damage increase
    Service: A second demon, this will make your Soul Fire go down to 1 second cast time pretty often during theese 30 seconds
    Sacrifice: Loss of "instant Soul Fire" but more burst which will be very good for a lot of fights, also scaling changes?

Another good question is if Soul Fire will even be usefull when its not instant and on the move, cause why would you want to waste infernal embers on Soul Fire instead of Conflagrate?

15+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

Warlock (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)

• New - Curse of Enfeeblement - Level 17 Combines and replaces Curse of Weakness and Curse of Tongues to cause the target to deal 30% less physical damage and cast 30% slower for 30seconds. Less effective on dungeon and raid bosses. Instant. 4% of Base Mana.
    • New - Unending Resolve - Level 64 Hardens the Warlocks skin causing them to take 50% reduced damage and prevent spells from being interrupted for 12seconds. 3 Minute Cooldown. 10% of Base Mana.
    • New - Demonic Portal - Level 88 Creates a demonic gateway between two locations. Stepping into the gateway causes any party member to be instantly teleported to the other gateway. Limit 5 charges, grants 1 charge every 15 seconds. 5 Second Cast. 70 Yard Range. 10% of Base Mana.
    • Shadow Ward is being replaced with Twilight Ward. Twilight Ward is learnt at Level 34 and absorbs 4026 Shadow or Holy damage, lasting 30seconds. Instant. 30 Second Cooldown. 4% of Base Mana.
    • Fel Flame has been changed and now no longer increases the duration of Unstable Affliction or Immolate. Fel Flame now deals 311 Shadow damage to an enemy. Instant Cast. 40 Yard Range. 2% of Base Mana.
    • Dark Intent has been changed and is now a raid wide 6% spell power buff lasting 1 hour. Instant. 30 yard range.
    • Drain Life is now under the effects of Empowered Channeling. Empowered Channeling increases the duration of a channeling effect if the effect is recast before the initial one expires. 40 Yard Range. 2% Base Mana.
    • Demon Armor has been removed.
    • Fel Armor has been changed and now partially includes the current Demon Armor. Increasing Armor by 2603, Stamina by 10% and health generated through spells and effects by 10%. Passive.
    • Health Funnel is now under the effects of Empowered Channeling. Empowered Channeling incraeses the duration of a channeling effect if the effect is recast before the initial one expires. 45 Yard Range.
    • Demonic Circle: Teleport now removes all snares as a baseline effect.

Affliction
    • New - Soulburn: Health Funnel - Level 27 Grants Soulburn empowerment to your Health Funnel causing it to instantly heal your pet for 36% and reduce all damage they take by 30% for 10 seconds. Passive.
    • New - Malefic Grasp - Level 42 Deals 1052 Shadow Damage over 3 seconds, in addition all damage over time abilities tick 100% faster whilst the target is affected by Malefic Grasp. Recasting Malefic Grasp before it expires increases the duration of the channel by 3 seconds, stacking 5 times. Channeled - 40 Yard Range. 2% Base Mana
    • New - Soulburn: Fear - Level 47 Grants Soulburn empowerment to your Fear causing it to instantly horrify the target, making them run in horror for 4 seconds. Passive.
    • Nightfall has been changed slightly, it now causes Corruption and Drain Life ticks to have a 4% chance to make your next Malefic Grasp intantly deal damage and increase the tick rate of all damage over time abilities on the target by 100% for 9 seconds.
    • Soulburn: Demonic Circle: Teleport now removes all stuns and snares from the Warlock, increasing their movement speed by 50% for 8 seconds and making them immune to all snares and roots for the duration.
    • Soulburn is now Affliction only.
    • Drain Soul is now Affliction only.
    • Seed of Corruption is now Affliction only.
    • Bane of Agony is now Affliction only and lasts 1 minute, up from 24 seconds.
    • Haunt has been removed.

Demonology
    • New Resource - Demonic Fury - Level 10 Shadowbolt, Corruption, Soul Fire, Drain Life and demon attacks grant Demonic Fury. Demonic Fury increases the damage you deal by up to 10% (Affected by Mastery)
    • New - Wild Imps - Level 32 Summons one Wild Imp that casts five Firebolts at the target. The cost and number of imps increases as your Demonic Fury increases. Each Firebolt grants 10 Demonic Fury. Instant. 30 Second Cooldown. 40 Yard Range.
    • New - Metamorphasis: Carrion Swarm - Level 86 Whilst under the effects of Metamorphasis your Shadowflame ability costs Demonic Fury and knocks back targets infront of you. Passive.
    • Metamorphasis: Immolation Aura has been slightly changed. Whilst under the effects of Metamorphasis your Hellfire ability costs Demonic Fury however no longer requires channeling and no longer deals damage to the Warlock. Passive.
    • Hand of Gul'dan has been significantly changed. Hand of Gul'dan no longer refreshes the duration of Immolate, however Hand of Gul'dan is now an instant ability with a unique spell cost.
      Hand of Gul'dan now summons a meteor at the targets location dealing damage after 2.5 seconds within a 6 yard area. Anyone hit by the meteor is then affected by Curse of Gul'dan.
      Curse of Gul'dan decreases the movement speed of the target by 35% for 10 seconds, stacking 3 times.
      If the target isn't affected by Curse of Gul'dan already the Warlock will gain 25 Demonic Fury.
      Charges for Hand of Gul'dan are passively gained once every 15 seconds and cap at 3 charges. Instant. 40 Yard Range. 5% Base Mana.
    • Decimation has been changed. It now flat out reduces the cast time of Soul Fire by 2 seconds, however when dealing damage with Soul Fire to a target above 25% HP the cast time of Soul Fire is doubled for 30 seconds.
    • Demonic Freedom has replaced Demonic Empowerment and causes your pet to regain 25% of its HP, remove all snares, stuns, fears, banishes, horrors and movement impairing effects for 15seconds. Instant. 1.5 Minute Cooldown. 50,000 Yard Range.
    • Demonic Leap no longer requires Metamorphasis, however it will activate Metamorphasis. Instant. 10 Second Cooldown.
    • Hellfire is now Demonology only.
    • Shadowflame is now Demonology only.
    • Bane of Doom is now Demonology only.

Destruction
    • New Resource - Infernal Embers - Level 42 Infernal Embers is a hidden aura that gives you an alternative resource bar. Infernal Embers are obtained by casting Incinerate on targets affected by Immolate and consumed by Conflagrate and Soul Fire. Consuming Infernal Embers causes your Conflagrate or Soul Fire to deal more damage based on the amount of Infernal Embers obtained.
    • New - Fire and Brimstone - Level 62 Fire and Brimstone empowers your next Immolate, Incinerate, Conflagrate or Soul Fire causing it to hit all enemies within 15 yards of the target. Instant. 10 Second Cooldown.
    • New - Destructive Influence - Level 86 Your demons attacks reduce the cast time of your Soul Fire by .1 second, stacking 40 times. Passive.
    • Rain of Fire has been changed and now deals an additional 50% damage if the target is affected by Immolate.
    • Bane of Havoc has been changed and now banes the target for 15 seconds causing the next 4 single target spells cast on another target to affect the baned target also. Instant. 2 Minute Cooldown. 40 Yard Range. 4% Base Mana.
    • Shadowburn has been changed. Shadowburn is now only useable on a target below 20% health and if the target dies within 5 seconds of the cast and yields experience of honor the Warlock gains 5 Infernal Embers. Instant. 15 Second Cooldown. 40 Yard Range. 5% Base Mana.
    • Aftermath has been changed and no longer requires Rain of Fire to be channeled, also causes Rain of Fire to stun all targets affected for 2 seconds.
    • Immolate is now Destruction only.
    • Rain of Fire is now Destruction only.
    • Incinerate is now Destruction only.
    • Chaos Bolt has been removed.

Talents

Level 15
    • Dark Regeneration now heals the Warlock for 50% of their HP over 20 seconds, down from 25 seconds. In addition, it now also increases healing recieved by 25% for the duration.
    • Soul Leech now heals the Warlock for 15% of the damage caused by Shadowbolt, Incinerate and Malefic Grasp, down from 25%.
    • Harvest Life is no longer affected by the Empowered Channeling effect.
    Level 30
    • Howl of Terror cooldown is now reduced by 1 second everytime the Warlock is struck by a damaging ability.
    Level 45
    • Hour of Twilight has been removed and replaced with Spell Drain.
    • Spell Drain has been moved and is now a Level 45 talent.
    • Sacrificial Pact now deals 50% of your demons health in damage to your demon in exchange for 10 second damage immunity, down from 100% of demons health. Cooldown is now 3 minutes, down from 5minutes.
    Level 60
    • New - Blood Fear Your Fear is now an instant cast however costs 10% of your maximum health to cast.
    • New - Burning Rush Your Life Tap now increases your movement speed by 25% for 8 seconds.
    • New - Dark Bargain Absorbs damage equal to 20% of the Warlocks maximum health, lasting 30 seconds. Any shield still remaining when the spell expires is dealt as damage to the Warlock. Instant Cast. 30 Second Cooldown.
    • Bloodstone has been removed.
    • Nether Ward has been removed.
    Level 75
    • All Level 75 talents remain unchanged.
    Level 90
    • New - Mannoroth's Fury
      Passive: Your Shadowbolt, Incinerate and Malefic Grasp deal 10% splash damage to all enemies between the Warlock and their target.
      Active: Splash affect is increased to 100% splash damage for 20 seconds, however the passive is dropped after this until the cooldown is reset. Instant. 2 Minute Cooldown.

Just a note, some of the Warlock abilities are names of old talents, for example the Destruction ability Fire and Brimstone, I put it as a new ability rather than a change since it's been completely revamped from a passive to an actual ability that's completely different to the current passive. The same can be said for pretty much anything else that is marked as ' New ' but has the same name as something already existing for Warlocks.
    Last edited by Malefic; 2011-11-23 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    Hopefully if you get a full 40 stack you'll be able to cast two soul fires instantly.
    That would be the only way to make it usefull, but also with no infernal embers, it seems rather useless to fire 2 off instantly

Two more updated cast times.

Looks like everything will be GCD capped for Demonology rather quickly. Haste doesn't appear to be worth much for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    I dont like the wording on soul link, "All damage and healing the warlock takes is shared with her active demon" I hope that doesn't mean that we're mortal striking ourselves and instead of receiving 100% of all healing we'll now take 80% while our pet takes 20%
    Pretty sure that's what it means. The Soul Link change and Demon Armor nerf (+10% healing in 5.0) is going to cut into our survivability pretty bad, but hopefully it's offset with all the self-healing we're getting. Frankly, I'd rather more active-defense like Spell Drain rather than a flat 20% damage reduction anyway.

Two more updated cast times.

Looks like everything will be GCD capped for Demonology rather quickly. Haste doesn't appear to be worth much for them.
    Shadow Bolt was always a fast cast that got slower when you leveled up, and might be the same for Soul fire, which would make SF 4 sec at a higher level (if to match the 4 sec reduction from new emp imp)

10+ Year Old Account
    [*]Shadowbolt is a base 1.7 second cast now.
    I believe this is already the case at very low levels; SB's cast time actually increases steadily as you move up ranks. It might be that this tooltip is representative of the low rank version of the spell.

Edit: Micke beat me to it.

Deleted
    I recall someone from Blizzard saying that Demonology will use SB as filler, but that SB changes when entering Metamorphosis to something that sounds Demonic and melee'ish. Can't find the source yet. Think we, the Demonologists, will even have to be more melee than we already are, if they'll implement that. I'd like it, won't be bothered if they don't. Probably won't out-tank Bears anymore, but no reason not to try. (Muhaha)

EDIT: That topic seems to have disappeared >_>. Quite sure it was on the Blue Tracker and that I was awake at the moment I read it.
    Last edited by mmoc0fcde82002; 2011-11-23 at 02:01 PM.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

Warlock (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Demonology
    • New Resource - Demonic Fury - Level 10 Shadowbolt, Corruption, Soul Fire, Drain Life and demon attacks grant Demonic Fury. Demonic Fury increases the damage you deal by up to 10% (Affected by Mastery)

This, the mastery change (1% increased effect + 0.1% per point on Demonic Fury and Meta), and lack of damage buff on Meta makes me believe it will be "permanent".
    Changes are probably going to happen, but if you're supposed to consume Demonic Fury for Meta, I don't see locks giving away +10% damage for 0 to 1% damage for the duration on Meta, except o AoE, perhaps.
    Metamorphosis' tooltip could be wrong, and also it is too early to be able to tell anything so far anyways.

Lets leave Soul Fire and Shadow Bolt unchanged for now then.
    However with a 4 second cast time on Soul Fire next expansion and possibility to get it down to global cooldown it better hit as a motherfucking truck compared to conflagrate or it will be completely useless

---------- Post added 2011-11-23 at 02:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Saveiro View Post
    I recall someone from Blizzard saying that Demonology will use SB as filler, but that SB changes when entering Metamorphosis to something that sounds Demonic and melee'ish. Can't find the source yet. Think we, the Demonologists, will even have to be more melee than we already are, if they'll implement that. I'd like it, won't be bothered if they don't. Probably won't out-tank Bears anymore, but no reason not to try. (Muhaha)
    Demonic slash and yes melee attack :P

I'm looking forward to know how this demonic teleport will work.